*** PlanetSide 2 Ultimate Beta FAQ *** - Page 42 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: You! Out of the gene pool
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-22, 01:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #616
Sephirex
Major

Re: *** PlanetSide 2 Ultimate Beta FAQ ***

Originally Posted by AvacadoEight View Post
Its a possibility.

We can't rule out that I could just be ABOUT Planetside. We know nothing for sure.
Someone specifically asked when people would get to play PS2. He said to THAT person he'd have an announcement next week. I'd say its a sure bet the announcement is about when people can get into PS2.

Disclaimer: I know little about Smedley's past deeds.
Does this guy have some secret history of promising Everquest news and announcing Vanguard sequels instead?

Last edited by Sephirex; 2012-06-22 at 01:25 PM.
Old 2012-06-22, 01:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #617
AvacadoEight
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Sephirex View Post
Someone specifically asked when people would get to play PS2. He said to THAT person he'd have an announcement next week. I'd say its a sure bet the announcement is about when people can get into PS2.

Does this guy have some secret history of promising Everquest news and announcing Vanguard sequels instead?
You know Sony! They could announce that the Mayan Apocalypse is " Soon " and it be a normal day for them!

Sony dosn't exactly hold true to their word either. I have faith though.

( Higby take the wheeeell.... )
Old 2012-06-22, 04:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #618
varg
Private

Originally Posted by BloodySoul View Post
It's always "next week" or "soon"... stop posting unreliable tweets... people jump all over those all the time. Just let them do their thing at this point. I stopped caring and so have a lot of others. In the end, it comes when it comes.
Who is jumping on who?! Its the CEO of SOE twitting there will be an announcment about beta next week. Its very specific and I thought others might want to know. I am letting them do there thing, you belive he doesnt think before making a tweet like that?
(this is not directed at you BloodySoul but the people acting like babys):
Listen, I dont mean to sound rude here but I have to say this. This is a great community here but some of you need to grow the hell up. This game is a huge project , nothing else really ever created quite like it. There is a team of developers, artists, programers, marketing people, project managers and staff managers all working very hard to bring a great product to market. Free even. You sitting on a forum and going off about how "sony always goes back on there word", blasting SOE and bitching about what keys have priority is just childish and ignorant.

The community involvment with the development of this game is like nothing I have ever seen. We have developers and managers talking to folks via twitter, reddit, and this very forum even. The guy that runs this place was even invited out to the studio. It is off the chart how much fan and community involvment that has gone on up to this point. Do I want beta like yesterday? Yes of course I do but I also know that it isnt going to happen till it happens. Settle the hell down.

Last edited by varg; 2012-06-22 at 04:09 PM.
Old 2012-06-22, 04:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #619
Bags
Lieutenant General

SOE isn't a great company.

PS2's team might be great, but the company isn't.
Old 2012-06-22, 04:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #620
Poser
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
SOE isn't a great company.

PS2's team might be great, but the company isn't.
I agree. The fact that the game is made by SOE is probaly the reason that PS2 isn't getting much mainstream coverage. Sites are either going crazy about the game, or not talking about it AT ALL...
Old 2012-06-22, 04:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #621
Sephirex
Major

Originally Posted by Poser View Post
I agree. The fact that the game is made by SOE is probaly the reason that PS2 isn't getting much mainstream coverage. Sites are either going crazy about the game, or not talking about it AT ALL...
The second SOE is mentioned, most gamers' attention evaporates.

You can tell which sites make articles based on what will get readership, and which sites make articles based on what they feel is newsworthy.

Last edited by Sephirex; 2012-06-22 at 04:44 PM.
Old 2012-06-22, 04:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #622
Rago
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Poser View Post
In fairness, it is a dry spell in terms of new games... And shooters have sucked for five years, PS2 is a beacon of hope. This game is either going to change gaming and return FPS to the PC or be a massive failure.

So yeah people are rightfully excited.
I agree to this one !
Old 2012-06-22, 05:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #623
Hrongar
Private

I hope the beta will begin soon.

But I hope a betakey will arrive sooner.
Old 2012-06-22, 05:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #624
Exodan
Corporal

Announcements by the devs at E3 was that the beta would come "in a few weeks", not months or years but "weeks". Seeing as that was 2 weeks ago, by my reckoning, we could be getting it anywhere between next week and week after.
Old 2012-06-23, 07:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #625
Hrongar
Private

This game could use some more marketing I believe.

Personally I've been informing a lot of my friends about this game seeing as they usually play multiplayer first person shooters and the moment I tell them about what planetside 2 is all about they get excited....REALLY excited.

However seeing as the game features huge ammounts of players in a single battle I do believe it will at least get on people's radar because of that.
Old 2012-06-23, 07:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #626
bjorntju1
Captain

Originally Posted by Hrongar View Post
This game could use some more marketing I believe.

Personally I've been informing a lot of my friends about this game seeing as they usually play multiplayer first person shooters and the moment I tell them about what planetside 2 is all about they get excited....REALLY excited.

However seeing as the game features huge ammounts of players in a single battle I do believe it will at least get on people's radar because of that.
Yeah exactly. Once the game comes out, people will tell other people, and because it is free they will try it. If those people like it, they wil tell other people, and the circle goes on. I don't think PS2 has to worry about low pops. The game looks great, plays like an AAA FPS (at least from looking at footage and hearing from people who played it) And everyone I told about the game says: ''Why haven't I heard from this game before? Sounds and looks amazing! When it 's coming out? When is beta etc. etc.''

Last edited by bjorntju1; 2012-06-23 at 07:30 AM.
Old 2012-06-23, 07:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #627
Solidblock
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by bjorntju1 View Post
Yeah exactly. Once the game comes out, people will tell other people, and because it is free they will try it. If those people like it, they wil tell other people, and the circle goes on. I don't think PS2 has to worry about low pops. The game looks great, plays like an AAA FPS (at least from looking at footage and hearing from people who played it) And everyone I told about the game says: ''Why haven't I heard from this game before? Sounds and looks amazing! When it 's coming out? When is beta etc. etc.''
Precisely mate, I've actually went around telling my friends, but none of them PC game apart from of my other mates who is really excited about this. Because it is F2P many people will try it if they have at least a quite modern PC when they primarily play console games, it's not like they're losing anything! I'd happily sub up to this game for £10 a month and pay £40 for this game, but the fact it is free to play will bring in so many people
Old 2012-06-23, 07:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #628
Hrongar
Private

To the previous two posters:

Exactly!

The F2P aspect makes people say "OH its free to play? Well I'll try it out when it comes out for sure then."

Especially because it looks like a really solid title gameplaywise and graphically it looks really good considering the scale of the game.
Old 2012-06-23, 07:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #629
Otleaz
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Solidblock View Post
Precisely mate, I've actually went around telling my friends, but none of them PC game.
Sounds like a bunch of losers. You need some new friends, man.
Old 2012-06-23, 07:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #630
Dagron
Captain

Yep, one of the best things about a game being F2P is that even those cynical types who think F2P doesn't work (like my friends) still try it out. So if the game is good, it gets them by the balls.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion