your views on the 3 empires - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Will There be Jet Packs?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

View Poll Results: Which empire is underpowered?
Vanu 14 22.58%
Terrans 39 62.90%
Conglomerate 9 14.52%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-01-04, 02:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #61
SandTrout
Contributor
The one, the only

The idiocy and ignorance in this thread is painful.

Vangaurd= Highest armor, lower DPS than Prowler, and medium speed
Prowler= Medium armor, lowest speed, highest DPS
MAG= Lowest armor, fastest, lowest DPS on main cannon, but driver's connon does vicious AV damage as well, can hover over watter and no arc to cannon.

Vang= Driver can be crap because it it mostly reliant on armor to survive. Gunner must be good because if you miss, it means a lot of damage/time lost.
Prowler= Needs good crew to opperate at highest effectiveness. Gunner can afford to miss a couple shots without too much worry.
Mag= inertia killer means less, so mow mow mow. Main gun is hard to miss with.

Striker is NOT gimped you morons. Not, it's not the l33t pwner that it once was, but it actualy makes a good weapon against aircraft and light vehichles. You can reaquire lost lock from a missle, so just try to keep your cross hair on it. the only thing I might change is increase the lock-on range.

TR MAXes need a slight boost, and the VS MAXes a slight nerf and the empires would be balanced.

In all of my expirence playing planetside, if you think a weapon(aside from the beamer) sucks, you're not useing it properly. Grief magnets are selective use weapons, sucky weapons are most often used by less than skilled players. I wish more Vanu used the Lancer, I would love to loot some.

Oh, yeah, you should have put a "They are balanced, quit your bitching already" option.
Old 2004-01-04, 08:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #62
DeadTeddy
Sergeant Major

I agree about the "you should have put a "They are balanced, quit your bitching already" option."

but I do think the NC's supressor needs a serious boost, knife too. the TR and VS suppresors and knives are uber compared to it.
Old 2004-01-04, 09:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #63
Rayder
General

Misc Info

Uh, Trout? I think the 150mm is stronger than the 100mm. Also, Van has lowest DOT, Prowler medium, and Mag highest.
Old 2004-01-04, 09:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #64
DeadTeddy
Sergeant Major

but the mag's DOT doesn't really matter does it? cause it really isn't about stand offs, it's about hit and run.
Old 2004-01-04, 10:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #65
Strak
Corporal

Originally Posted by DeadTeddy
I agree about the "you should have put a "They are balanced, quit your bitching already" option."

but I do think the NC's supressor needs a serious boost, knife too. the TR and VS suppresors and knives are uber compared to it.
The hell are you talking about?
Old 2004-01-04, 09:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
I Hate Pants
General

What's DOT?
Old 2004-01-04, 11:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #67
Retroactive
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by DeadTeddy

i thought they were the same??? DOT=Damage over Time(did i get that right?)
Originally Posted by SandTrout
Oh, yeah, you should have put a "They are balanced, quit your bitching already" option.
i will be sure to do that next time
Old 2004-01-05, 02:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #68
Cheeky25
Private

Did anyone notice that the TR all say that they are underpowered and the VS and NC just try and cover each other up? I mean look at the poll people. TR is underpowered. The Striker is only capable of killing anything besides a MAX unless you put about 3 clips into it. Sure you might kill your stray damaged reaver but otherwise you are blown through. I've gunned for a prowler before and a mag or van always mean death. We are outgunned in HA and no one can say different if they were truthful. The only thing thing I can kill the should-be-nerfedhammer with is 3 good grenades from a thumper. The pounder is a tower owner but 1 hotdrop and they are gone. The other 2 MAXs suck compared to NC and VS.

OMG
Omg that guy is the biggest ass. I'd like to pull out my nine and bust a cap.
Old 2004-01-05, 02:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
Rayder
General

Misc Info

You get killed in a Prowler by a Mag? You either a) suck at gunning b) have a shitty driver c) your opponents are 10x better than you or b) all of the above

The Mag is the weakest tank armor wise, best suited for long range attacks at large objects and AA, otherwise it's fodder for the Van and Prowler.

You aren't ment to be able to take out a tank on your own with AV weapons, they're ment for groups, for teamwork.

The MCG is an awsome heavy assault weapon, your probably just using it wrong. It isn't ment for long range, the same goes for the JH and Lasher, the empire rifles take care of that. The MCG is the only HA that can take out a MAX in one clip (not sure about JH though, can it do it in 16 with AP shells?). It's ment for spraying as many bullets as it can in the shortest time possible. Learn how to use it.

Now, it seems to me that you are NOT a skilled player. Get some skill, the try killing the "should-be-nerfedhammer" user. They aren't that hard to kill, their movements predictable because they have to get in close to use that shotgun, take them out before they get to you. Also, try using their tactics against them, if you find a corpse with a JH on it, grab it, turn the tide of war, use their own invention against them.

The Pounder is a great AI MAX, it's not the best for 1v1, but you get a crowd of infantry together and they're dead, unlike the Scattercannon and Quasar, who are better at 1v1.

The DC is great at killing enemy MAXs, and is also good for putting suppression fiire down.

Burster is great at taking out air as well as infantry and vehicles.

You should note that all the TR weapons are ment to put as much fire into the air as possible in the shortest amount of time. They're also the best group killers. Try to learn about things before you go and attack them.
Old 2004-01-05, 10:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #70
SandTrout
Contributor
The one, the only

Originally Posted by Rayder
Uh, Trout? I think the 150mm is stronger than the 100mm. Also, Van has lowest DOT, Prowler medium, and Mag highest.
Never said the 150 was weaker than the prowler on a shot-for-shot basis, that would just be retarded. Also, I belive the Mag has a lower DoT than the vang and definately lower than the prowler(not counting driver's gun)
Old 2004-01-06, 02:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #71
DeadTeddy
Sergeant Major

I agree with rayder, and as for the AV max, all 3 are worthless, good luck killing a wraith with those. the AA maxes, well the VS one is pretty good, the NC has great potential but locking on is bugged, and the TR is a spam weapon, use it right.
Old 2004-01-06, 02:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #72
JuSTCHiLLiN
Corporal

I put the TR as my vote but only a tiny fraction.

TR maxes have a crappy special and a generally are teh suck. Prowler has the biggest profile and is slow like the Vanguard. I don't really care about the Maruader since hardly anyone uses buggies anyways; at least it can transport 3 people. The Striker only sucks compared to how it used to be (which of completely over powered), the striker is in line with how it should be. The MCG is good, I agree with whoever said to give it some range rather than rof.

I also want to say that anyone who says the magrider sucks/is underpowered is huffing glue. It has the smallest profile and floats above the ground making it the hardest to hit with dumbfire weapons (how many times does a decimator go under a mag?) It has 2 guns, 2! This means it can either engage multiple targets or bring the pain on 1. The main gun is direct fire, who needs skyguards when you just have to put your crosshair over a reaver (at any range) and pull the trigger; this also makes it the best tank at range. It can go over water, avoiding mined bridges and bottlenecks; plus, it's 1000x harder to hit on the water. It can climb the highest slopes and is the fastest so it can get away. I don't think the mag should be nerfed but people who complain about it make my blood boil.

JuSTCHiLLiN - JCsuperstar - xxJCxx
www.sghq.com formerly of Immortalis Vita
Old 2004-01-06, 03:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #73
KIAsan
First Sergeant

Jee, this is really getting old. TR whine about their weapons, NC and VS blame the TR and say they are all noobs who can't shoot straight or need to learn the game. Then you get the leet dudes, who played their TR dude for 1.2 miliseconds and is now an expert on every weapon there is.

Simple, there is a problem out there folks, or you wouldn't see all these threads about it on here and the OF. The problem is growing so acute, that TR populations are starting to suffer. As the popultion drops, the devs are going to take notice and do something to reverse the trend (hmm, I smell balance pass here). Does this all seem familar somehow? Now I personally don't mind TR or the weapons. As long as the population stays about the same, the battles are going to be fun for everyone. But with the dropping population, it starts to suck to be TR.

So, what do we do? How do we fix this? Shit, you can't fight peoples perceptions, so you need to address them directly. Don't nerf the other guys stuff, do some slight buffs to address the complaints and be done with it.

The other way is for all you NC and VS leet dudes who claim there is nothing wrong with TR, to switch to TR. Thats right, take that 1.2 milisecond played TR dude and make him your primary character for a while. We are not talking long term here, just a few months ought to shore up TR long enough for all those noobs that fled to NC/VS to come flocking back. I mean, you leet dudes are so skillful, you will own the NC and VS in days. Then we won't have to worry about the devs getting involved with their nerf/buff stick. Otherwise, quit whining about the TR whiners and back a call for the devs to buff TR.

If it's not nailed down, it's mine. If I can pry it up, it's not nailed down.
Old 2004-01-06, 03:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #74
Nosvartui
Private

from my experience id say

NC own with there heavy assault (slow rate of fire my ass)

TR are second in heavy assault with there chain-guns

VS ..well i hardly ever see any1 with a lasher and wen i do i usually see them die os soon as they enter a building

anti-vech..well id say

NC win again becoz they never use there AV weapons against tanks or iv never seen it happen all i see is noobs hiding inside a building opening the door running bak and firing there rockets out and guiding to men or MAX's
(i have played all 3 empires to see which 1 was best b4 i chose my main 1 and thats all i saw wen i was NC)

TR..wen i tryed out reavers the only empire that made me fly away was TR once they locked on u its ver hard to escape i found the best tactic was flying as low as poss to ground with afterburners on

VS well there anti-vech is kinda powerful but unless the vech ur shooting at is stillor moving slow its hard to hit seen as it travels kinda slow

MAX's...Hmm

NC well there MAX's have the same armour but they ALWAYS seem to kill EVERYTHING in buildings including other MAX's kinda overpowered id say

TR there MAX's arnt crap i like them the only weapon i dont like is the Cycler it does some damage inside but not enuff really but saying that the AA and the AT weapons are devastating inside the AA wepons can take down any aircraft relativly fast and as some1 said they At weapon can keep anydoor firmly lock coz u die as soon as it fires

VS i like the VS MAX also its main feature is the boosters this makes them great for assault and i often see them overused the AA wepon is good but if the aircraft uses afterburner to escape then the plasma it fires never really hits the Anti-tank wepon is ok but is usually used agains troops and MAX's and i very rarly see the anti infantry wepon used but wen it is its devastating

Tanks..

NC have a ok tank it caused alot of damage on 1 shot but fires way to slow

TR causes alot of damage and fires fast very good tank

VS muhahah my fav tank drives fast and has 2 guns like TR and they always seem to live longer than any other tank

Pistols..NC hardly any stealther use NC's pistol it fires to slow the person ur trying to kill usually turns around but darklight on and ur dead most use the common 1

TR i liked this pistol i used it alot and then realised not that many others use it they use the common 1

VS same as the other 2 most use the common1

(i hate the common1 it to inaccurate but saying that if ur right next to them and they dont move then its east to kill everytime)

bleh thats wot i think my fingers are numb now

btw i chose VS ..and i chose to be a sniper (alot of VS have snipers)

my overall view is NC overpowered (weapons fire to fast)
TR stop moaning ur not underpowered (not on werner anyway)
VS good wepons (but slighlt to slow)

Last edited by Nosvartui; 2004-01-06 at 03:22 AM.
Old 2004-01-06, 03:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #75
Fenrys
Major

Originally Posted by JuSTCHiLLiN
this also makes it the best tank at range.

That title belongs to the vanguard. It may need a few tracer shots, but thats better than a magrider's horrid CoF.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion