PlanetSide 2 Audio & Music - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where it's NOT just a flesh wound
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-05-26, 01:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #61
RNFB
First Sergeant

Re: PlanetSide 2 Audio & Music

Originally Posted by Rodney Gates View Post
The technologically-advanced Vanu Sovereignty will be based around purist electronica, a bit in the vein of what you've heard recently from Daft Punk, but with more of an ethnic flare to ground them in their humanity
Sorry but I'm just going to say it..... I don't like this one bit. Daft Punk is one of the worst bands I've ever had the displeasure of hearing. If the VS music really is anything even remotely close to them, or any techno/electronica/whatever crap, I'll be instantly turning off the music.
Old 2012-05-26, 01:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #62
Zulthus
Colonel

Sure - this actually very cool, and discussed at length between the design team and myself.

The empirical Terran Republic will be treated to an epic orchestral score, which we are actually recording up in Seattle here within a couple weeks (yes, we are doing a bit of the behind-the-scenes footage capture for this).

The New Conglomerate, being the living-on-the-edge, anarchist scavengers they are will be more frontier-like, with a cool blues-rock approach featuring slide guitars and fiddle (little harder-edged than the Firefly TV series' music by Greg Edmonson). This music will all be recorded here in San Diego with local musicians specializing in this genre, following the orchestral session.

The technologically-advanced Vanu Sovereignty will be based around purist electronica, a bit in the vein of what you've heard recently from Daft Punk, but with more of an ethnic flare to ground them in their humanity.

But don't despair if you think this sounds like a departure from the first game - we employed full use of nostalgic thematic material across the board from PS1, and I think you will be delighted with these renewed treatments of classic themes that you know and love.

Hopefully this whets your appetite a bit until we do the full music announcement - good stuff!

Stay tuned! Things are about to get Bad Ass.

- Rodney

Hope you guys bring back New Hades Tunnel or a remix; one of my favorite tracks in the game apart from the main theme!
Old 2012-05-26, 02:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #63
Thomas
Corporal

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
Hope you guys bring back New Hades Tunnel or a remix; one of my favorite tracks in the game apart from the main theme!
The demo Hades Tunnel that Don posted last year was great, hope he keeps it
Old 2012-05-26, 02:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #64
SurgeonX
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by RNFB View Post
Sorry but I'm just going to say it..... I don't like this one bit. Daft Punk is one of the worst bands I've ever had the displeasure of hearing. If the VS music really is anything even remotely close to them, or any techno/electronica/whatever crap, I'll be instantly turning off the music.
I guess it depends, their Tron soundtrack was probably the best thing about that film.
So if that's where the influence lies then fair enough.

What we really need is for everything to be based around Rollin' & Scratchin'.

Want to browse through hundreds of PlanetSide 2 images?
Or just see what Higby eats for lunch?
Then click here
Old 2012-05-26, 02:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #65
Bruttal
Sergeant Major

cash shop sound packs?
Old 2012-05-26, 03:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #66
Graywolves
General

Sure - this actually very cool, and discussed at length between the design team and myself.

The empirical Terran Republic will be treated to an epic orchestral score, which we are actually recording up in Seattle here within a couple weeks (yes, we are doing a bit of the behind-the-scenes footage capture for this).

The New Conglomerate, being the living-on-the-edge, anarchist scavengers they are will be more frontier-like, with a cool blues-rock approach featuring slide guitars and fiddle (little harder-edged than the Firefly TV series' music by Greg Edmonson). This music will all be recorded here in San Diego with local musicians specializing in this genre, following the orchestral session.

The technologically-advanced Vanu Sovereignty will be based around purist electronica, a bit in the vein of what you've heard recently from Daft Punk, but with more of an ethnic flare to ground them in their humanity.

But don't despair if you think this sounds like a departure from the first game - we employed full use of nostalgic thematic material across the board from PS1, and I think you will be delighted with these renewed treatments of classic themes that you know and love.

Hopefully this whets your appetite a bit until we do the full music announcement - good stuff!

- Rodney

The TR and NC ones have me excited.
Old 2012-05-26, 04:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #67
Corax
Sergeant

- Rodney
Holy crap Rodney that all sounds (heheh....) amazing. Im really looking forward to hearing everything you guys are bringing to the table! Would there be a chance of us getting a few sneak peaks into the music selections for each empire once they are recorded? I would love the chance to see how the music selection evolves as you guys put it together.

"Victorus aut Mortis"
Old 2012-05-26, 04:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #68
ITOS
Corporal

Sounds awsome! (no pun intended) I don't remember much of Fireflys music but it made me think of Shoot Many Robots.
Old 2012-05-26, 05:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #69
Zenben
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by RNFB View Post
Going to have to disagree with you. Daft Punk is quite possibly my favorite group of all time. I'm a huge fan of EDM, and I have loved everything they have done from their early stuff all the way up to the Tron soundtrack, and I'm drooling for the album they're currently working on. I was already leaning towards Vanu, mostly because several friends were drawn to them without having played the first game. The music choices outlined here may very well cement that decision. Though I am also drawn to orchestral stuff, so I might have to have a TR alt somewhere
Old 2012-05-26, 05:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #70
RedKnights
Sergeant Major

- Rodney
I am rather pleased there will be such a diverse soundtrack

WAIT A SECOND. I seem to remember firefly having a score called "Reaver Chase" New Conglomerate Reaver... ISEEWHATYOUDIDTHERE.JPG

Last edited by RedKnights; 2012-05-26 at 05:47 AM.
Old 2012-05-26, 05:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #71
Shogun
Contributor
General

YEAH!
nc gets music inspired by the best scify series ever! i love it! the selection of instruments in the firefly series was great and i think it fits with the nc very good!

tr having epic orchestrated music sounds right as well! a little like the evil galactic empire.

don´t know the draftpunk thing, but electronic music for vanu fits as well.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2012-05-26, 06:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #72
Levente
First Sergeant

can we expect some quality sounds like in Battlefield bad company 2? that would be great
Old 2012-05-26, 06:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #73
sylphaen
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
The demo Hades Tunnel that Don posted last year was great, hope he keeps it
I liked the Vanu strut a lot too. Electric violins reserved for the VS !

Edit: reserve the clicks and rolling drums too.

Last edited by sylphaen; 2012-05-26 at 06:37 AM.
Old 2012-05-26, 07:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #74
Thomas
Corporal

Originally Posted by sylphaen View Post
I liked the Vanu strut a lot too. Electric violins reserved for the VS !

Edit: reserve the clicks and rolling drums too.
Those electric violins are what gave PS such a distinctive soundtrack and atmosphere when I first played and what still remains with me today.
Old 2012-05-26, 07:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #75
CidHighwind
Master Sergeant

- Rodney
This sounds amazing.... I can't wait to hear this stuff. Music is one of the most important aspects of any game in my opinion... immersion can not happen without it. Thanks for sharing Rodney!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion