Higby wants to know what we think about GU9 - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where AOL users get banned.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-05-27, 08:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
Vashyo
First Sergeant

Re: Higby wants to know what we think about GU9

Originally Posted by hashish View Post
Really been enjoying the new lattice and MAX changes..

Atleast now us VS have a decent MAX that can hold his own. Its great to see more people using MAX's as before there was actually no point in taking one..
My heart just skips a beat out of terror whenever I bump into a VS max now. My normal anti-max tactic of "get the **** out of there!" doesn't work cause he's gonna catch me like a cheetah

Ur max just rolls over everything now, that unit has single-handedly made go to "attack TR only"-mode.

Last edited by Vashyo; 2013-05-27 at 08:07 PM.
Old 2013-05-27, 08:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Really disappointed with the SCU change, really removes one of the few tactical choices we have left in base combat.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2013-05-27, 11:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
Neurotoxin
First Lieutenant

Finally VS has something worthwhile going for MAXs, and that is unacceptable to NC and TR. I think GU09 has been going pretty well, but the overreaction to ZOE may be in part to everyone using ZOE because it is just that much better than many other VS options.
Old 2013-05-28, 02:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #64
psijaka
Contributor
Major

Like the Indar lattice a lot; a huge step forward. At busy times we now get a real front line forming, and I love the way the intense battles ebb and flow back and forth. Epic. And good riddance ghost capping; anyone calling that kind of play strategic is deluding themselves.

Some minor tweaks needed to the lattice, but SoE have got it about right. I would add a link between Regents Rock and the Research Lab (if that is the right name for the base close by to the NW). These are far too close not to be linked.

Some bases have been improved (moving Crossroads B & C nearer the spawn), but The Crown has been overdone; C is too far away, and who would put a control point on the middle of a bridge anyway? What they should have done is put C where the old B was (in the eastern building), and put B in some kind of structure down at the entrance to the TI Alloys bridge. Preferably a defensible structure.

And all this grumbling about Zealot MAXes - can't understand the fuss myself. They maybe need a bit of a tweak, that's all.

Last edited by psijaka; 2013-05-28 at 07:56 AM.
Old 2013-05-28, 02:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #65
jboy
Private

The lattice for the most part it great, but I dont know about others but for myself I dont always want to play in the meat grinders all the time.
Why couldnt it also be made to somehow disrupt the lattice such as an infiltrator being able to hack a capture point behind the enemy lines and cause the area to go neutral, cutting off or at the very least disrupt the spawn points.
There needs to be other ways to disrupt the main battle other than going full ahead into the front lines.
This way at least for the most part people get the big battles but then those who want something differeny, get the smaller ambush/disrupt/harassing game play.
Old 2013-05-28, 02:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #66
Whiteagle
Major

Originally Posted by jboy View Post
The lattice for the most part it great, but I dont know about others but for myself I dont always want to play in the meat grinders all the time.
Why couldnt it also be made to somehow disrupt the lattice such as an infiltrator being able to hack a capture point behind the enemy lines and cause the area to go neutral, cutting off or at the very least disrupt the spawn points.
There needs to be other ways to disrupt the main battle other than going full ahead into the front lines.
This way at least for the most part people get the big battles but then those who want something differeny, get the smaller ambush/disrupt/harassing game play.
Well I have an idea, but we are going to need more Continents and a complete overhaul of the Resource System to be dependant on Bases instead of the Individual Player...

...Still, I have seen emergent Spec Ops being used by smaller groups playing smart to unbalance their enemies ability to throw meat into a grinder.
Old 2013-05-28, 11:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #67
Rahabib
Sergeant Major

Personally, I found the Lattice a bit underwhelming. The battles got a little bit bigger but the content capping issues remained the same. If a zerg got stumped they just switched to another link. NC was too much?, push VS then. Players just dont care about the continent itself, and as expected, while the battles were bigger in some instances, I would much rather have real resources, consequences, and more things to do. It still just a big team death match out there. I love the gun play in the game, I still log in every now and then, but my sessions are getting shorter and shorter as I get bored doing the same thing over and over again.

-resource overhaul - NOW!
  • cut off resources
  • deny access to entire resources - siege and bleed.
  • spread out the zerg (tie over-population to "manufacturing" time - vehicle cool down timers)
-More objectives PLEASE!
  • CTF mechanics
  • add defensible shields and more generators to take them down (I saw the domes on Esimir, please make them tied to gens or amp stations!)
  • more events that force people to spread out (eg. cap all domes ON all continents.)

Last edited by Rahabib; 2013-05-28 at 11:35 AM.
Old 2013-05-28, 12:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #68
Qwan
Captain

Im loving the lattice, I acutally played on indarside a lot this entire weekend. I hope its popular enough to spread on to the next continents.

Other than that, The TR Max has awesome ability, Locking down cause theres ass to pound.

The NC max is a fucking beast with the shield, had a wall of them coming at me at training camp on Indar, I almost shit my fucking spandex.

The VS max looks feminine with sparkles going around it, in fact when I see a max all purple and sparkly it reminds me of my 5yr old taking glue and sparkles and sticking it on my motorcycle helmet, and the fact that the VS max has heels doesnt help the situation. Please take back the sparkle effect and give me back my jump jets.

Last edited by Qwan; 2013-05-28 at 12:23 PM.
Old 2013-05-28, 01:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
Boildown
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Koadster View Post
Dont really notice that lattice, I can go cap this base but not this base is really all its done, which has really brought to light how a huge army > all tactics. Why have a well drilled tactical spec ops team when 2 platoons can zerg your location and win due to sheer numbers. The battlefield is akin to WW1 trenches now... Massed infantry attacks to take a small bit of land then do it all over again for the same next small base.
Pretty much this. I think for large bases like Biolabs, you should be able to capture the perimeter bases to "connect the hardline" around the base and bypass it. It shouldn't completely stall the advance, it should force the enemy out of the base to defend the perimeter bases.

At the same time I think small bases should give the defenders a greater advantage. Right now having greater numbers gives too much of an attacking advantage. I want more Alamo type fights where two squads can hold off two platoons for a while (by holding A while not holding B and C, for example), if they play their cards right, and not just in Biolabs. But not indefinitely. The lattice system favors the zerg far too much, and the only counter strategy is to zerg harder. That's not what I'm looking for out of PS2.

On the positive side, GU9 made a significant improvement to my FPS. It has made the game a lot more playable to me. I still get annoying crashes to the desktop with equal frequency as before, but while I'm in the game, the FPS is noticeably better. They should be congratulated on that.

Old 2013-05-28, 01:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #70
MaxDamage
Sergeant Major

Game is looking a lot more solid. Really enjoying lattice.
Old 2013-05-28, 08:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #71
VGCS
Corporal

Originally Posted by Koadster View Post
SCU mechanic is very broken.

On Connery, VS have held Saurva Biolab for 8+ hours, you literally cannot take the base as any point capture is zerged and there is no way in hell of getting it past the shield threshold, thought the crown was an interpretable fortress.. Biolabs are dead zones in the lattice links now.
This

Biolabs were already pretty bad to begin with. Now they're just a completely different game entirely that's also allowed to strongly affect this game. It'd be like allowing "Dust" to ruin the majority of the meta Game for EVE players...
Old 2013-05-29, 12:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #72
Rivenshield
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by MaxDamage View Post
Game is looking a lot more solid. Really enjoying lattice.
Right there with ya bro. It's starting to remind me of Planetside... as opposed to a game named after it.

That's not a false sense of nostalgia. It's a sense of what works in the kind of massive-multiple-persistent environment SOE unleashed in 2003. A decade on, and even they are still trying to come to grips with what they created.

I just hope they can get things stabilized and locked down and accompany the semi-final state of *this* Auraxis with an advertising blitz that will bring in new blood. We need it... though since lattice went in, I'm seeing an encouraging number of guys that just killed me with teenage battle ranks. I've been paying close attention to that, and it's encouraging. Because we need them.

Last edited by Rivenshield; 2013-05-29 at 12:47 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion