News: Air Combat Video Internal Beta SERVER! - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Ever Seen a NC book? Neither have they.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-05-24, 04:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
2coolforu
First Lieutenant

Re: Air Combat Video Internal Beta SERVER!

Originally Posted by xXGumpXX View Post
to be honest it does look awesome , it just annoys me that the developers are running battlefield on another computer and then saying lets copy this and lets copy that and lets make the mossie sound like a jet , lets put capture points in the name em A B C D and E like what in bf3 . it just looks to me like the developers and getting all their inspiration from bf3 rather than the original game planetside

Confirmed troll
Old 2012-05-24, 04:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
xXGumpXX
Banned

I dont represent myself as a 15 yr old kid at all , i'm telling it how it is and i'm also telling everyone my opinion which i'm entitled too . if you don't like that then thats your problem , not mine , deal with it
Old 2012-05-24, 04:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
Coreldan
Colonel

to be honest it does look awesome , it just annoys me that the developers are running battlefield on another computer and then saying lets copy this and lets copy that and lets make the mossie sound like a jet , lets put capture points in the name em A B C D and E like what in bf3 . it just looks to me like the developers and getting all their inspiration from bf3 rather than the original game planetside
What I find fucking hilarious is that you think naming base objectives A B C D E in the GUI as somehow taken from BF3.

Get real, BF3 did not implement the alphabets or really half of the stuff you think is even ripped from BF3, even if BF3 may have been the biggest title to implement certain things this far.

There's no point in reinventing the wheel either, PS2 also has to cater to some of BF3s audience as well. The game will not be succesful if it's just gonna be Planetside 1 all over again. Planetside wasnt really even a commercial success for many reasons.

Core - Lieutenant | HIVE | Auraxis
Visit us at http://www.wasp-inc.org and YouTube
Old 2012-05-24, 04:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #64
Gogita
Master Sergeant

lets make the mossie sound like a jet
Were they supposed to make it go "BZZZZZZZ" like a mosquito? hahaha, you're so hilarious
Old 2012-05-24, 04:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
Hyiero
Private

Would you rather them name them alpha,beta,the generator piece off to the left,the smaller generator piece that isn't left but isn't right....your arguments are absolutely pointless,the entire continent is our capture ground,not just one base.
Old 2012-05-24, 04:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
2coolforu
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Coreldan View Post
What I find fucking hilarious is that you think naming base objectives A B C D E in the GUI as somehow taken from BF3.

Get real, BF3 did not implement the alphabets or really half of the stuff you think is even ripped from BF3, even if BF3 may have been the biggest title to implement certain things this far.

There's no point in reinventing the wheel either, PS2 also has to cater to some of BF3s audience as well. The game will not be succesful if it's just gonna be Planetside 1 all over again. Planetside wasnt really even a commercial success for many reasons.
HEY GUISE, WEN THE ARMY WENT INTO BATTLE THEY NAMED DA OBJECTIVES ALPHA BRAVO AND CHARLIE. LOL THEY COPY BF3 HAHAHAHA.

Old 2012-05-24, 04:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #67
SuperMorto
Lieutenant Colonel

I'm not trolling , i'm telling it how it is , thats my opinion , this game is nothing at all like the original , absolutely nothing at all , for the love of planetside this will be an insult to the game , its not unique , its true that what i say is 100 percent true and i don't mean to offend anyone that is looking forward to this game but this is my opinion , if you don't like that then go have a cry over it
Strange you have

100's of vets
outfit leaders
new folks
ex BF3 folks
devs

all thinking it looks amazing.

You could be right and your entitled toy our opinion. But look at the stats and wait for beta to full make up your mind. Or you will come across as a troll.

Just my opinion.
#
Edit I actually think you love BF3 more than us all, you never stop going on about it.

Last edited by SuperMorto; 2012-05-24 at 04:05 PM.
Old 2012-05-24, 04:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #68
xXGumpXX
Banned

infact this will be my last post on this subject , but lets do one thing 1st and this is for the developers , load up planetside and then load up planetside 2 and play the games on two computers side by side and then set up another computer next to the other two computers and load up bf3 , see what i mean ?
Old 2012-05-24, 04:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
2coolforu
First Lieutenant

infact this will be my last post on this subject , but lets do one thing 1st and this is for the developers , load up planetside and then load up planetside 2 and play the games on two computers side by side and then set up another computer next to the other two computers and load up bf3 , see what i mean ?
Old 2012-05-24, 04:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #70
Lorgarn
Master Sergeant

Now that.

Nuff said.
Old 2012-05-24, 04:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #71
duomaxwl
Captain

Originally Posted by 2coolforu View Post

But seriously, this game looks fly.
Old 2012-05-24, 04:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #72
ShadoViper
Staff Sergeant

Old 2012-05-24, 04:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #73
Atheosim
Captain

Please, for the love of god, do not feed the trolls.

On an unrelated note, where's Tikuto?
Old 2012-05-24, 04:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #74
Kurtz
Master Sergeant

From a marketing perspective I'm not sure its a great idea to show a bunch of empty tanks and ATVs sitting there getting nuked. Its like "hey we made this cool game but we don't have enough QA folks to internally test it".

The game looks great and the flight mechanics look fairly good. There are some developers here at work looking over my shoulder nitpicking some of the physics on the flight. Particularly the scythes abilty to nose down to almost 90 degree angle without losing any lift.

From a BF2/BF3 veteran's perspective, I felt the PS1's old Hack and Hold was the best game mechanic ever in a FPS and that going to a BF Conquest system wasn't the best Idea, but we'll see how it plays out in Beta.
Old 2012-05-24, 04:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #75
Ieyasu
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Gogita View Post
And who parks them all so neatly together? Pfffff, completely ruined my immersion.
they said ai might be in 5 year plan. maybe as a short term crutch they outsourced chinaside players to fill in server? those guys used to love parking various vehicles in rows.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion