What is your #1 Balance issue in PlanetSide 2? - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: If it were up to Dio you'd all be banned.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-08-31, 10:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
goneglockin
Sergeant

Re: What is your #1 Balance issue in PlanetSide 2?

Originally Posted by Boone View Post
take that bet seeing as they have months to do it
ill
Well then your a sucker, because they've had 9 years to fix them before that.
Old 2012-08-31, 10:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
ClockworkAug
Private

For me the vanu just dont have decent weaponry.

The vanu sniper rifle is an especially big joke. it has no different recoil to the terran sniper, and while its true it has no bullet drop it has worse! Bullet gain!

I swear. try it out. at least for me, the bullet always hits above the scope's reticule. Headshots are a right pain.

The bullet damage degradation is no fun either. Not when trying long range sniping. usually have to hit 5 or 6 times, and frankly it takes so long i rarely if ever get kills at extreme distance.

All of my jealousy goes to the gorgeous beautiful NC bolt action. My dead space-jesus i love that gun.

Frankly the entire vanu weapon concept needs more to it. bullet drop is never a problem except for in snipers anyway. But the bullets glow so much for all factions its monumentally easy to figure out how to drop and adjust. its never an issue. certainly not enough of one to warrant such a drastic power imbalance.

Also jealous of the other two factions pistols. All-But-Revolver Vs Machine Pistol Vs the freaking flashlight.
Old 2012-08-31, 10:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
FriarFin
Private

Maxes need a Respawn timer, and possibly a resource cost, like a vehicle.
And/Or...A specific terminal is required to get into one, like Galaxys. These would be located in big tech plants and/or Warpgates, and since they are so slow, they would need to rely on Sunderer-galaxy transportation to get to the smaller facility's.
Old 2012-08-31, 10:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #64
campingkarl
Private

They need to increase the death respawn timer for every one, and or use the system in PS 1, death = more CD time. Near instant spawn cause continuous zerg rushes and a person you just killed to come back to the same location in 10 seconds. More time will restore some parts of the game
Old 2012-08-31, 11:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
cyberkiller
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Chief W View Post
The NC are getting too much favor. The devs have given NC such good PR that the TR and VS suffer because of it. NC consistently have 50%+ presence on West 02, and usually control most of the map.

Marketing strategy:
TR = Fascists
VS = Cultists
NC = Brave kick-ass freedom fighters, heroes, embodiment of awesomeness
Agreed 100%
Old 2012-09-01, 03:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #66
Chefkoch
Sergeant

Originally Posted by campingkarl View Post
They need to increase the death respawn timer for every one, and or use the system in PS 1, death = more CD time. Near instant spawn cause continuous zerg rushes and a person you just killed to come back to the same location in 10 seconds. More time will restore some parts of the game
This !

I also think that tracking K/D and Killstreak Bonus Systems do more harm then good to the teamplay aspect of the game.
Old 2012-09-01, 04:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #67
Timealude
Captain

Originally Posted by goneglockin View Post
The best answer to max units was always to pull more max units. Nobody wants to play that game.

This is the problem. Everyone seems to forget 9 years of PS1 school and thinks they can just add a timer and solve the problem. They were never balanced in all that time, and they won't magically figure it out now.

They should have saved themselves the embarassment and just left them out of the game. It's already the biggest sore point on the beta forums by far. Now who wants to take bets on when the complaining will stop?
well currently C4 can one shot a MAX so i dont think they are that bad.
Old 2012-09-01, 04:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #68
ENochrewt
Private

Another vote for MAX spamming. They need a cool down.

I'd really rather not comment other balancing, the game needs to breath a bit more. Shots not consistently hitting in the center of the reticle when they should drives me crazy though.
Old 2012-09-01, 04:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #69
Canaris
Contributor
General

yeah I'm going to throw my bulk behind a MAX cool down.

The team said they'd have to buff them in order to allow a cool down to be added? No you don't. You just need to fix the NC & TR AV guns and it's all gravy after that.

The MAX is a fine beast as is, coupled with getting them ressurectable again it will work out grand.

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2012-09-01, 07:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #70
Setanta
Private

Originally Posted by Saxywolf View Post
Gimping of the Vanu tank.

In Planetside, most drivers would simply ignore their cannon unless there was a target of opportunity. You're much more effective as a tank if you avoid enemy fire while you let the main gunner shoot targets.

It simply doesn't make sense to be facing the enemy. While you'd be able to move toward them quickly, that effectively makes you a stationary target. Strafing never made much difference as is was slow enough and changing strafe direction was not fast enough to be able to make it at all difficult to lead you as a target, plus you couldn't see where you were going. You couldn't fit between many obstacles going sideways. You couldn't quickly turn to see where you were going and then turn back to fire at the enemy.

i.e. It was bad enough using two people for a tank that effectively had a single gun. Now the tank's main gun is in the hands of the person who can't aim it at the enemy?

This is the most ridiculous thing I've read, and I thought Kyra's post was terrible.

All tanks are designed for frontal assault, that's why their armour is strongest face on. The advantage of the Magrider was that it could outmaneuver the other two MBT's, basically you can circle strafe and iirc it could float over water. That is massive advantage.

The vanu infantry weapons feel weak, but are actually pretty spot on. The lasher/Jackhammer/Chaingun argument is ancient and will never be resolved suffice to say they were all overpowered in different ways, precisely as intended.

In summary, no faction grossly overpowers an other, you just need to learn how to play as that faction and use their weapons in a way that provides you the maximum advantage.
Old 2012-09-01, 08:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #71
Arkaiden
Private

Da hell? Since when was the lasher overpowered in any way?

Sure, you could get 20 people spamming it down a hallway for it to finally be remotely useful, but some guy with a minigun farther down that hallway could kill all of you thanks to the slow speed of the projectiles and their extreme inaccuracy.
Old 2012-09-01, 08:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #72
Gortha
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Saxywolf View Post
Gimping of the Vanu tank.

In Planetside, most drivers would simply ignore their cannon unless there was a target of opportunity. You're much more effective as a tank if you avoid enemy fire while you let the main gunner shoot targets.

It simply doesn't make sense to be facing the enemy. While you'd be able to move toward them quickly, that effectively makes you a stationary target. Strafing never made much difference as is was slow enough and changing strafe direction was not fast enough to be able to make it at all difficult to lead you as a target, plus you couldn't see where you were going. You couldn't fit between many obstacles going sideways. You couldn't quickly turn to see where you were going and then turn back to fire at the enemy.

i.e. It was bad enough using two people for a tank that effectively had a single gun. Now the tank's main gun is in the hands of the person who can't aim it at the enemy?
/signed!

Originally Posted by Quovatis View Post
Air to ground rocket spam. No question. Aircraft should not be able to take out a tank in one pass with rockets. It's just ridiculous. In PS1 the reaver had to reload MANY times to kill a tank. Now, if an aircraft with rockets sees your tank, you might as well just kill yourself now, because there's nothing you can do to stop your imminent death in 3 seconds.
/signed

BUT
We should have in mind, that there are not all the Anti-Air-Weapons around as they could.

Like all th4e Anti-Air Turrents für Tanks and Lightnings, the Heavy-Assault-Anti-Air--Lock-on-Rocketlauncher and very few AA_Maxes.

Originally Posted by VoodooJanus View Post

I've also noticed that whoever controls the northern warpgate tends to hold the northern half of the map, probably due to the natural barrier presented by the cliff. Even with vanu in the state that it is in was able to hold it pretty reliably.
That´s a think i also saw, since i am in Beta.

http://z0r.de/1573
Old 2012-09-01, 10:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #73
vVRedOctoberVv
First Lieutenant

Balance persay seems ok to me. Bugs, incomplete/unfinished vehicles/weapons, etc... That's my main issue with things now. Incomplete/nonexistent squad/platoon features. As time goes on my complaints will be fixed, so no biggie.
Old 2012-09-01, 10:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #74
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

Relative ineffectiveness of AA. It's been improved a little bit with the last patch but it's pretty out-of-control.

I was rolling a Skyguard Lightning yesterday and TR Mosquitoes were strafing me while I fired flak at them. o

I think AA should be very effective at shorter ranges but much less so at longer ranges. With the Burster, they've made the flak rounds have a pretty slow speed and a significant arc, so that leading maneuverable air targets at range is very difficult. The Skyguard, on the other hand, has high projectile speed and a relatively flat trajectory, but has such wild recoil that it's very difficult to use.

Frankly I'd like to see more of a middle ground. The Burster should have more recoil but a flatter trajectory; it seems silly that it is such a stable platform while the Skyguard tank turret jumps all over the place.

Meanwhile the Skyguard just has too much recoil to be useable. I'd say lower the recoil and decrease projectile accuracy. It should be a fairly stable firing platform, but still not terribly accurate at range.

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!
Old 2012-09-01, 11:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #75
Notser
Staff Sergeant

AA, currently not worth the investment. If a player sacrifices the ability to effectively kill infantry and ground vehicles then they should be very strong against air. Reduce the radius flak hits but boost the damage, could be cool if flak could push a vehicle around so the pilot had to compensate.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion