Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Old 2004-07-24, 04:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #61
Fragmatic
I LIVE IN ENGLAND

Originally Posted by Triggar
Where'd you go?

And Frag, I dare you to use the toilet, and get pics from the inside!
You know I will.

Originally Posted by Smaug
Frag, get a picture of goatse, tape it to one of the furry hat guy's hats and take a picture.
1. I'd rather use tubgirl, I don't know what those guys get up to at night.
2. I'd rather not be shot by the L85's they carry, or the MP5's the armed policemen (like the chappy below) carry.

Edit - He looks like he can't even hit the broad side of a barn with a nuke.
[Hezzy]: gg

Last edited by Fragmatic; 2004-07-24 at 05:04 AM.
Old 2004-07-24, 04:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #62
Everay
Major General

oh fuckin snap Frag, thats crazy, the cops over here dont have those (exept swat teams), and we got the second amendment and all.
Old 2004-07-24, 04:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #63
Fragmatic
I LIVE IN ENGLAND

Originally Posted by Everay
oh fuckin snap Frag, thats crazy, the cops over here dont have those (exept swat teams), and we got the second amendment and all.
That's only the Policemen around Buckingham Palace and when they do things like drug busts they usually use armed police.

Standard loadout there is an MP5 A3 with a G&P Tactical Flashlight* Handguard and a Glock 17, I don't know how many spare mags they carry for each though.

* It's a fucking TORCH!
Old 2004-07-24, 05:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #64
Everay
Major General

Flashlight, a torch is a peice of wood that is on fire and used to make light. however, i do think its alright to call a omni directional flashlight a torch.
Old 2004-07-24, 05:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #65
Fragmatic
I LIVE IN ENGLAND

Originally Posted by Everay
Flashlight, a torch is a peice of wood that is on fire and used to make light. however, i do think its alright to call a omni directional flashlight a torch.
American English.

Old 2004-07-24, 05:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #66
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

JESUS Aztec you fuckin scared me man... don't do that again! I thought u were going to leave us all for good

Anyhow, have fun on vacation

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!
Old 2004-07-24, 11:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #67
JetRaiden
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Fragmatic
That's only the Policemen around Buckingham Palace and when they do things like drug busts they usually use armed police.

Standard loadout there is an MP5 A3 with a G&P Tactical Flashlight* Handguard and a Glock 17, I don't know how many spare mags they carry for each though.

* It's a fucking TORCH!
yea, here in the states you always see Cops with M4's, MP5s, M14s, and once I even saw a guy carrying an M249 SAW. usually only at big events in NY and Washington though.
Old 2004-07-24, 11:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #68
Dharkbayne
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by JetRaiden
yea, here in the states you always see Cops with M4's, MP5s, M14s, and once I even saw a guy carrying an M249 SAW. usually only at big events in NY and Washington though.
I saw a few cops with M16s or M4s or something, they were on a drug bust I think (Didn't want to get close to see the gun, don't feel like being shot) but that's about it.

+200 Cool Pts
Old 2004-07-24, 12:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
Ivan
Contributor
teh Sexb0t

Edit - He looks like he can't even hit the broad side of a barn with a nuke.
I bet that's what a lot of people think but I bet he's pretty good with it. I know a few Pittsburgh Cops that want to be in Swat. They basically practice every second they have off of work. They are always at the range. They hardly hang out anymore.
* It's a fucking TORCH!
It's called a Flashlight here because when they were still a new invention, battery life was very bad. You could not afford to walk around with it holding it on. You had to turn it on, then turn if off. So basically you were flashing it. I guess it started as a joke nick name then it just stuck. To tell you the truth, Flashlight makes a lot more sense then Torch. I think Lantern would be a better name for it.

Edit:fixed some typos
Violated by ChiaHamma

Last edited by Ivan; 2004-07-24 at 12:44 PM.
Old 2004-07-24, 12:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #70
SDM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ivan
I bet that's what a lot of people think but I bet he's pretty good with it. I know a few Pittsburgh Cops that want to be in Swat. They basically practice every second they have off of work. They are always at the range. They hardly hang out anymore.

It's called a Flashlight here because when they were still a new invention, battery life was very bad. You could not afford to walk around with it hold. You had to turn it on, then turn if off. So basically you were flashing it. I guess it started as a joke nick name then it just stuck. To tell you the truth, Flashlight makes a lot more sense then Torch. I think Lantern would be a better name for it.
No shit We invented it Frag, atleast let us name this one thing. I'll let you call an elevator a lift, if we can have flashlight. Fair trade?

edit: the "lift" was an American idea too. wtf is it with you limeys needing to raname shit. Anyways, the offer still stands, trade flashlight for torch or we stop exporting Mountain Dew.

Last edited by SDM; 2004-07-24 at 12:46 PM.
Old 2004-07-24, 12:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #71
UncleDynamite
Lieutenant Colonel

I have lot of friends that work at the nearby Sandia National Labs, and whenever I go to visit them I have to pass through checkpoints with guards decked out in full armor and M16A2s. Manned military Humvees with Browning machine guns on top are parked nearby as well. I've also heard that there are snipers on buildings near each checkpoint, but I'm not sure.

None of this should be suprising, considering that it's a national weapons lab.
Old 2004-07-24, 01:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #72
SDM
Banned

Originally Posted by UncleDynamite
I have lot of friends that work at the nearby Sandia National Labs, and whenever I go to visit them I have to pass through checkpoints with guards decked out in full armor and M16A2s. Manned military Humvees with Browning machine guns on top are parked nearby as well. I've also heard that there are snipers on buildings near each checkpoint, but I'm not sure.

None of this should be suprising, considering that it's a national weapons lab.
Aren't all nuke sites on lockdown because of some missing disks? Sandia, Y12 Tennessee, etc...
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge