Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 2004-09-14, 10:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #61
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Incompetent
I, personally, think it's fucking hilarious that Madcow feels the need to compare his thread (about something that looks a whole damned lot like a pyramid scheme) getting locked by OMA to the rise of Hitler and the resulting deaths of some 20-million odd people.
See, the odd thing about quotes is that they can be used to apply to multiple situations without actually comparing the situations. Whereas I was using this quote to show that the silence of the majority here when threads are locked/edited is bothersome to me and keeps me from feeling like this is a true community, and wasn't actually comparing a single locked thread to the holocaust. Even when I typed it, I was aware somebody would make that stupid statement however.

Again, difference of opinion. Nothing more. You people can stop circling the wagons already.

Back on topic, the Infone and Ancestry offers appear to come and go but are most often on the site in the mornings. I believe both give instant credit, so if you are pushing friends/co-workers for assistance you might want to go over these with them. Infone in particular is appealing since people don't even have to cancel it. Also, if you are getting referrals from friends and co-workers, do your best to make sure that the referrals aren't all coming from the same IP address (work or school). Try and get people to complete the referrals from home, as multiple referrals from the same IP address may flag your referrals for review and may end up getting your account put on hold.
Old 2004-09-14, 11:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #62
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

Even when I typed it, I was aware somebody would make that stupid statement however.
So why'd you make it? It's a shitty analogy (comparing a slightly overzealus mod to the rise of Hitler and the systematic domination of Germany) and you KNEW it could and would be interpreted that way, so what was the point of even making it besides to showcase your own paranoia. How we're all out to get you simply because some folks are suspicious about scams?

Not to mention totally misrepresenting the tone of the previous thread (out of four posts by other people, one was overtly negative/insulting) and simple ignorance of the fact that more information about the site has come out in the time inbetween (I believe someone mentioned it being reviewed by CNN at one point.)

Last edited by Incompetent; 2004-09-14 at 11:34 AM.
Old 2004-09-14, 11:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #63
Hezzy
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Madcow
See, the odd thing about quotes is that they can be used to apply to multiple situations without actually comparing the situations. Whereas I was using this quote to show that the silence of the majority here when threads are locked/edited is bothersome to me and keeps me from feeling like this is a true community, and wasn't actually comparing a single locked thread to the holocaust. Even when I typed it, I was aware somebody would make that stupid statement however.

Again, difference of opinion. Nothing more. You people can stop circling the wagons already.

Back on topic, the Infone and Ancestry offers appear to come and go but are most often on the site in the mornings. I believe both give instant credit, so if you are pushing friends/co-workers for assistance you might want to go over these with them. Infone in particular is appealing since people don't even have to cancel it. Also, if you are getting referrals from friends and co-workers, do your best to make sure that the referrals aren't all coming from the same IP address (work or school). Try and get people to complete the referrals from home, as multiple referrals from the same IP address may flag your referrals for review and may end up getting your account put on hold.
Don't like it?

Leave.
Old 2004-09-14, 11:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #64
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Incompetent
So why'd you make it? It's a shitty analogy (comparing a slightly overzealus mod to the rise of Hitler and the systematic domination of Germany) and you KNEW it could and would be interpreted that way, so what was the point of even making it besides to showcase your own paranoia. How we're all out to get you simply because some folks are suspicious about scams?

Not to mention totally misrepresenting the tone of the previous thread (out of four posts by other people, one was overtly negative/insulting) and simple ignorance of the fact that more information about the site has come out in the time inbetween (I believe someone mentioned it being reviewed by CNN at one point.)
Again, you're the one that connected those dots. I never compared anything to the rise of Hitler. Don't pull a muscle jumping to conclusions. I was making a statement on community, what community means to me, and you decided I was pretending that a message board had any correlation with the holocaust. Why'd I still make it? Because I like the predictability of people rushing to defense with the same statements. It makes me realize that all is right with the world, and the internet is filled with people making the same arguments over and over thinking they're original and/or witty.
Also, regardless of the fact that you keep ignoring it, it's not all about my one thread. At the end of the day, "I got mine". That doesn't change the number of times I've seen moderator power used stupidly here, with nobody saying boo. It's interesting how one person who hasn't even bothered to get vicious, but has bothered to challenge the 'image' that is trying to be projected here gets responded to. A self-fulfilling prophecy almost.

Originally Posted by -Hezzy-
Don't like it?

Leave.
Baaaaaa.

Keep circling the wagons, kids. Wouldn't want to leave it as 'A difference of opinion' followed by another bit of helpful information which was on topic.
Old 2004-09-14, 11:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #65
Triggar
Contributor

[/drama]
Old 2004-09-14, 12:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

I was aware somebody would make that stupid statement however.
Ending on an insult is a really shitty way to get someone to drop something.

Why'd I still make it? Because I like the predictability of people rushing to defense with the same statements. It makes me realize that all is right with the world, and the internet is filled with people making the same arguments over and over thinking they're original and/or witty.
Who says I'm witting and/or original? I'm an opportunist, you said something stupid, I called you on it. You have no real defense for not spending five minutes thinking up something more appropriate except that you knew someone would take the bait.

Again, you're the one that connected those dots.
If you put a bunch of numbered dots in front of a person and give them a pen, it's a fairly safe assumption that they're going to connect them.

That doesn't change the number of times I've seen moderator power used stupidly here, with nobody saying boo. It's interesting how one person who hasn't even bothered to get vicious, but has bothered to challenge the 'image' that is trying to be projected here gets responded to.
Paranoia =\ Reality, go whore tribalwar if you don't like the way mods run things here. Also, you insulted the mods, quite a few of us are good friends with many of them, why are you acting so fucking suprised people take offense to you insulting there friends?
Old 2004-09-14, 01:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #67
Triggar
Contributor

* [/drama] *
Old 2004-09-14, 01:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #68
MrPaul
Major

Trig, give up trying to stop them and have some popcorn. So much easier.
Old 2004-09-14, 01:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
SDM
Banned

[hate][b][size=8]....
Old 2004-09-14, 01:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #70
Hezzy
Contributor
General

IT'S ALL AN ELABORATE SCAM

No, really.
Old 2004-09-14, 01:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #71
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Triggar
* [/drama] *
I have plenty to say about Incompetent's post, but I agree.
Old 2004-09-14, 03:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #72
ViperGTS
Banned

This thread sucks....
Old 2004-09-14, 03:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #73
Heavygain
Lieutenant Colonel

i already got a 40gb, plus im too cheap to sign up for any of those things.
Old 2004-09-14, 03:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #74
BizSAR
Contributor
Sergeant

Misc Info

This online community (PSU), while being no stranger to favoritism (especially as of late), has also been instrumental in supporting the PlanetSide gaming community as a whole with dev chats, community nights, and such. I've been lurking here since PS beta and participate and contribute.

To madcow, I ask that you take a step back and look around a bit here at other PS fansites. The others are not near as organised or benefit the PS gaming community in so many different ways. You might also want to look up the definition of a community in the dictionary.

To PSU, I ask that you too take a step back and remember that you are here for the PS gaming community as a whole, and try not to focus on one group of individuals and/or outfits. Go back to your roots. While you obviously have a friendship clique going on, remember too that the PS gaming community is a much bigger thing with a much wider range of people from all walks of life. We all have some great and not so great ideas to share, but like it or not, we're all in this community together. Don't assume that your close friends out here are all that is left of the "good people" of this community.

Oh yeah, BTW, the iPod thing looks like every other Internet scam out there. If they want to look legit, they had better quit their questionable "business practices".
Old 2004-09-14, 04:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #75
Navaron
Contributor
Major General

now-

Vist www.bohicagaming.com because we're better than you.
Apply|Contact|Forum
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge