News: Community Night November 2011 Recording! - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where's my Doritos and Pepsi?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-11-21, 04:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #61
Coreldan
Colonel

Re: Community Night November 2011 Recording!

BF3 in normal is slow, it's annoying. Fire three bursts at a guy and he's still going. Hardcore is fast, just the way I prefer it (I come from FPS games with similar TTK, mostly).

But I don't say that I want one shot kill TTKs into Planetside, won't work there, but I BF3 in normal is not even fast.

Core - Lieutenant | HIVE | Auraxis
Visit us at http://www.wasp-inc.org and YouTube
Old 2011-11-21, 04:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #62
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by Coreldan View Post
BF3 in normal is slow, it's annoying. Fire three bursts at a guy and he's still going. Hardcore is fast, just the way I prefer it (I come from FPS games with similar TTK, mostly).

But I don't say that I want one shot kill TTKs into Planetside, won't work there, but I BF3 in normal is not even fast.
Personally i think a TTK that fast is retarded, its more about who can get the jump on somebody and spray rather than skill, though being able to react quick and aim off course helps.

I personally prefer the likes of unreal, while the game is fast pace its more about true aim rather than the tactical shooter spam.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2011-11-21, 05:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #63
Coreldan
Colonel

For me the skill in the fast TTK games is more about getting/not getting into the situations where somebody gets the jump on you, instead of who is the best mouse tracker. Naturally I wouldn't belittle the meaning of aiming skills in twitch situations either.

I prefer the fast TTK games cos you get punished for playing badly. If you think it was a great idea to run somewhere without any cover, you had it coming

I do also enjoy games with a lot slower TTKs, such as APB and Planetside, but if I play a generic FPS, I rather have it pretty much an instant death if shot anywhere that matters. In fe. APB and PS, that just wouldn't really work for several reasons, so it's not like I want TTK like that in all the games I play.

But BF3 in Hardcore is pretty fun, BF3 on normal is not a game worth playing for me.

Also, it's funny to sort of follow the arguments of people who usually argue about it. You mention "spraying", you mentioned "tactical shooter spam". In the same way I could overexaggerate that the slow TTK allows bad players to just run and gun if they can track well enough, just spray for two seconds straight, the one with better tracking wins In most of those games, spraying won't get you anywhere. The aim needs to be on the target or you will simply miss. I don't personally even have to spray in fe. BF3. I shoot a 2-3 burst and know it's enough, I have already stopped firing before the guy is even dead, cos I know I aimed properly and I know the hits will land and he will die. I don't see how that's spraying. I think anyone who thinks no skill would be involved in fast TTK games should probably try a few rounds with some of the best competetive players in that game, see how well you do with just spraying

But yeah, I like more realistic shooters, perhaps partially cos I compete in practical shooting in real life as well.

Last edited by Coreldan; 2011-11-21 at 05:05 AM.
Old 2011-11-21, 05:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #64
Levente
First Sergeant

BF3 is garbage. its a disgrace to the bf community and especially to BF2. its has less features then bf2, teamwork is non existent in bf3. command rose is a fuckin joke, not even working properly. im done with bf thats for sure, i have put only 15 hours in bf3 and im already bored, the maps are bad. The graphics are ok but nowhere close to crysis 1, which was released in 2007. its full of unecessary effects which they use to hide the terrible texturing. Color grading is awful you cant even judge what kind of time of day is on the map. its just looks bad

Last edited by Levente; 2011-11-21 at 05:16 AM.
Old 2011-11-21, 05:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #65
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by Levente View Post
BF3 is garbage. its a disgrace to the bf community and especially to BF2. its has less features then bf2, teamwork is non existent in bf3. command rose is a fuckin joke, not even working properly. im done with bf thats for sure, i have put only 15 hours in bf3 and im already bored, the maps are bad. The graphics are nowhere close to crysis, which was released in 2007.
You sir have less of an attention span than me...and im really bad.

I think its allright...but really the only tactical shooters i have played are MW BFBC2 and BF3 since there is a severe lacking of all other shooters on the market since everybody wants to go down this tactical shooter path and attempt to clone realism...including SOE *PUNCHES WALL* don't you see we hate realism and real its why we play the dam games in the first place.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2011-11-21, 05:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #66
Levente
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
You sir have less of an attention span than me...and im really bad.

I think its allright...but really the only tactical shooters i have played are MW BFBC2 and BF3 since there is a severe lacking of all other shooters on the market since everybody wants to go down this tactical shooter path and attempt to clone realism...including SOE *PUNCHES WALL* don't you see we hate realism and real its why we play the dam games in the first place.
i wouldnt call bc2 and bf3 tactical shooter cause its very far from that. its all mindless shooting on some corridor maps. 64 players on Operation Metro? what were they thinking? BF2 which was released in 2005 is a Tactical shooter. Bf2 has very good maps and i still play it today sometimes. bc2 , bf3 are some shitty console ports and have silly features to attract the cod crowd. Lets hope PS2 will have proper teamplay tools and command structure.

Last edited by Levente; 2011-11-21 at 05:45 AM.
Old 2011-11-21, 05:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #67
IceyCold
Master Sergeant

Honestly I like BF3, although it is still nowhere near as good as DICE's best game to date:

BF 2142, just saying.

But I am glad to hear the TTK is not as fast as BF3, because honestly for a game the scale of Planetside 2 we just can't have that. I always felt the TTK in PS1 needed to be boosted just a bit for Medium Assault weapons really, so the sweet spot for me is literally just a tad bit faster than PS1.

Lots to look forward to with this game from everything we have seen. Higby, T-ray, and all the PS2 team, thanks for your hard work.
Old 2011-11-21, 06:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #68
SurgeonX
Staff Sergeant

The screenshots that have been released so far are absolutely outstanding.
But that first glimpse of real footage really brings it home.

I just can't believe that you guys have managed to craft an engine that looks that incredible, and yet still supports thousands of players.

Keep on drinking the quality Belgian beer Higby, it is evidently doing wonders for the creative process
Old 2011-11-21, 07:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #69
Khottabych
Private

Hi, guys, and thanks a lot for your Community Night!!!
Already repost your video on our first page http://ps2-ru.com with our common comments about your meeting with Higby and T-Ray

Have you any plans to make transcript of your video (maybe only more interesting parts of it), so we could translate it for PS2 fans here in Russia.
Old 2011-11-21, 07:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #70
Levente
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by IceyCold View Post
Honestly I like BF3, although it is still nowhere near as good as DICE's best game to date:

BF 2142, just saying.

But I am glad to hear the TTK is not as fast as BF3, because honestly for a game the scale of Planetside 2 we just can't have that. I always felt the TTK in PS1 needed to be boosted just a bit for Medium Assault weapons really, so the sweet spot for me is literally just a tad bit faster than PS1.

Lots to look forward to with this game from everything we have seen. Higby, T-ray, and all the PS2 team, thanks for your hard work.
Imo BF2142 is the best too in the bf franchise. that titan mode is too much fun. It makes purpose to conquest. DICE didnt even think about or made a tiny effort to think out some similar mode to bf3, they are that low now, they are proud of the rush mode lol. Titan mode in PS2 would rock omg, make it happen
Old 2011-11-21, 07:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #71
Casual
Private

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
before they can react..so skillful!

Something like the speed of halo would be pretty good, just with no 3 shot kill pistols.
Killing people before they can react is my biggest problem with the game. It takes the fun out of it. Duels in planetside are an actual fight, not just decided by being the first person to see someone else and kill them before they can even turn around. A "realistic" TTK just isn't as fun in my opinion, I guess.

Hell, I can can count on both hands the number of times I've been able to 180 and kill someone before they've killed me in BF3, and I'm not that bad either sitting at ~2.6 kdr ~2.4 wlr and ~480 spm on conquest with ~800 on rush.

Halo TTKs would be good, too. Even on PC with a mouse and keyboard where people generally die faster anyways.

EDIT : I would say, for planetside 2, flanking a group of people ALONE shouldn't be a free pass to kill every single one of them in a single rifle magazine like it is in BF3. Hell, I would argue you should be able to do very little alone. But if you have a few people with you? Yeah, then you should be dropping people quickly.

It would be nice if the TTK is slow enough to encourage (or even force but I just don't see that happening in games anymore) people to work together more, basically.

Last edited by Casual; 2011-11-21 at 08:17 AM.
Old 2011-11-21, 08:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #72
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally Posted by sylphaen View Post
Poor César looked like he is the one bullied to work 24/7 in the dark by Higgsters and the T-Rayx.

Another one of those great people working behind the scenes to make PS2 a success and who never get enough recognition. Thank you to every member of the PS2 team for burning the midnight oil !

For every praise of Higsby and T-Ray, one naturally goes to every single one of you.
Originally Posted by Higby View Post
Cesar Kobashikawa is a total baller. He really is the best at what he does, and on top of that is the nicest guy you'll ever meet. I have mad respect for the little Peruvian dude.
Yes! Thank you Higby for showcasing lots of the people who are often never seen other than an obscure credit somewhere. Bringing the community as close to the development as you guys have been.

Need to do one during a weekday so we can see more people!

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2011-11-21, 09:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #73
TheRagingGerbil
Contributor
Major

That day/night cycle is amazing. Nice work.
Old 2011-11-21, 09:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #74
Coreldan
Colonel

Originally Posted by Khottabych View Post
Hi, guys, and thanks a lot for your Community Night!!!
Already repost your video on our first page http://ps2-ru.com with our common comments about your meeting with Higby and T-Ray

Have you any plans to make transcript of your video (maybe only more interesting parts of it), so we could translate it for PS2 fans here in Russia.
If you would point out the parts you would like to have written down, I could do it.

Would rather not do the entire 1h 45 mins as there are parts that arn't really worth writing down

Old 2011-11-21, 09:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #75
Vash02
Major

If you would point out the parts you would like to have written down, I could do it.

Would rather not do the entire 1h 45 mins as there are parts that arn't really worth writing down
The part when it turned into the Higby and Tray show is totally worth it.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion