So is the Prowler going to suck like it did in PS1? - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: see what hapens when you try to rob me
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-03-16, 12:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
Aurmanite
Captain

Re: So is the Prowler going to suck like it did in PS1?

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
Yes, it was called the Striker.

NC did not have that luxury.
I was going to make this point as well. The Striker was the reason the TR felt comfortable on foot outside. It had nothing to do with the tank, other than the fact that a bunch of noobs ran around on foot rather than pull a tank. Take away the lock on weaponry and that would likely change.
Old 2012-03-16, 12:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by BuzzCutPsycho View Post
Because the tank is balanced around having the 15MM gun.
Yes clearly its endurance between two tanks is based on having the 15mm and 20mm. I will roll my eyes and rest my case.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-03-16, 01:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

If the prowler had a main gunner secondary weapon of another 15mm, I would say it was reasonably balanced. But since it lacked that gun the extra gunner was required to handle the scenarios which a Magrider & Vanguard could handle with only two gunners.

For PS2 as long as they balance the capabilities of each tank and give the prowler the same sort of advantages - higher dps, lower damage-per-shot, and the fast speed, along with matching any alternate weapons for the driver as the vanguard then it will truly be an equal.

If they want to add additional gunnery seats beyond that, great, but they can't balance the tank around having that gunner. It doesn't scale.
Old 2012-03-16, 01:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #64
ArcIyte
Sergeant

No one ran prowlers. If you wanted to run MBTs on a nightly basis, you rolled VS or NC, plain and simple.

The only people defending the prowler are those I've unsurprisingly never heard of. I guess defending the worst tank is supposed to make you sound good on a forum.

Obviously the Prowler design wasn't "fine" as it is completely absent from PS2, and has been replaced with a much smaller, much faster tank.

WWW.ENCLAVEOILRIG.COM
Old 2012-03-16, 01:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
Aurmanite
Captain

Originally Posted by ArcIyte View Post
No one ran prowlers. If you wanted to run MBTs on a nightly basis, you rolled VS or NC, plain and simple.

The only people defending the prowler are those I've unsurprisingly never heard of. I guess defending the worst tank is supposed to make you sound good on a forum.

Obviously the Prowler design wasn't "fine" as it is completely absent from PS2, and has been replaced with a much smaller, much faster tank.
Great logic and reasoning there, chum.

I ain't never heard of you, either. Werner hey? That explains the loser defeatist rhetoric.
Old 2012-03-16, 02:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
BuzzCutPsycho
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Aurmanite View Post
Great logic and reasoning there, chum.

I ain't never heard of you, either. Werner hey? That explains the loser defeatist rhetoric.
Can't tell which "logic" you are addressing but I am going to assume you're speaking of the point he raised with the Prowler being the most radically different of the 3 MBTs when compared to their PS1 counter parts.

If you're not addressing that but instead addressing the "never heard of you" part I can only surmise that you agree with the point he made and have conceited. I always knew you'd come around!

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
Yes clearly its endurance between two tanks is based on having the 15mm and 20mm. I will roll my eyes and rest my case.
You're still here?

Last edited by BuzzCutPsycho; 2012-03-16 at 02:03 PM.
Old 2012-03-16, 02:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #67
Aurmanite
Captain

Originally Posted by BuzzCutPsycho View Post
Can't tell which "logic" you are addressing but I am going to assume you're speaking of the point he raised with the Prowler being the most radically different of the 3 MBTs when compared to their PS1 counter parts.

If you're not addressing that but instead addressing the "never heard of you" part I can only surmise that you agree with the point he made and have conceited. I always knew you'd come around!

You're still here?
I didn't feel it necessary to point out the fact that all three tanks have been significantly changed. The Vanguard is now the biggest and the slowest, is that really less radical than making the Prowler the smallest and fastest? The changes look pretty damn equal in scale to me.

If you were bad, fine. Don't blame it on the equipment.

I never once felt under powered in a Prowler.
My outfit was good, so we pulled armor.
Sorry if you didn't have a similar experience.

Last edited by Aurmanite; 2012-03-16 at 02:14 PM.
Old 2012-03-16, 02:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #68
ArcIyte
Sergeant

lol, which outfit would that be?

If you say dark skyes I'm going to shit myself laughing

WWW.ENCLAVEOILRIG.COM
Old 2012-03-16, 02:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
Aurmanite
Captain

Originally Posted by ArcIyte View Post
lol, which outfit would that be?

If you say dark skyes I'm going to shit myself laughing
AA Alliance.

Smallest outfit on the leaderboard by a huge margin.

How we we able to keep up to outfits with 3 times as many players? We weren't scrubs (like some of you.) We pulled armor and killed motherfuckers dead.

Last edited by Aurmanite; 2012-03-16 at 02:23 PM.
Old 2012-03-16, 02:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #70
BuzzCutPsycho
Sergeant Major

I didn't feel it necessary to point out the fact that all three tanks have been significantly changed. The Vanguard is now the biggest and the slowest, is that really less radical than making the Prowler the smallest and fastest? The changes look pretty damn equal in scale to me.
No. Simply no. The Prowler is now essentially a flanker while the Vanguard is still in every case a MBT. Big change.

If you were bad, fine. Don't blame it on the equipment.
LOL

I never once felt under powered in a Prowler.
Your feeling doesn't change the fact that the Prowler was clearly the worst of the three tanks.

My outfit was good, so we pulled armor.
Must have been after my time because back when we played pulling armor was something the unwashed masses of the zerg typically did. You know, leave the simple stuff to the less coordinated pugs.

Sorry if you didn't have a similar experience.
That was my experience against enemy armor as NC.

That was my experience against enemy armor as TR.

As you can see I couldn't care less. It was just much easier to shred TR armor than VS / NC.

AA Alliance.

Smallest outfit on the leaderboard by a huge margin.

How we we able to keep up to outfits with 3 times as many players? We weren't scrubs like some of you and pulled armor.
This is like... after all the good outfits quit the game, right? Must be. Didn't I use Hahaohwow.jpg once in this thread? I really should have saved it for this one.

EDIT: I'd also like to add that the TR never had any outfits worth a shit pulling tanks and running armor. The bulk of TR outfits were either air cav or galaxy centered. Why do you think that is? I know for a fact that the NC had the best armor outfits available and VS had their niche with an outfit or two as well. Actually I can even name the outfits for each empire that did specialize in armor and did it well.

NC: IRONFIST
VS: GOTR
TR: MYSTERY??????

Both factions with properly functioning tanks had armor based outfits while the TR (with their inferior tanks) had none.

Last edited by BuzzCutPsycho; 2012-03-16 at 02:36 PM.
Old 2012-03-16, 02:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #71
Aurmanite
Captain

Neither of those videos so any god damn tactics at all. 2 minutes of people shooting phoenix rockets...mind blown.

This thread ain't about personal accomplishment (if it were you obviously wouldn't have anything to post.) Our outfit started on day 1. How about yours?

It sounds to me like none of you had a lot of success with the Prowler. I had a shitload. Are you saying you aren't capable of playing as well as me?

It wouldn't shock me if you weren't based upon these whiny tryhard posts.
Old 2012-03-16, 02:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #72
ArcIyte
Sergeant

Please roll on our server when beta begins

WWW.ENCLAVEOILRIG.COM
Old 2012-03-16, 02:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #73
BuzzCutPsycho
Sergeant Major

Neither of those videos so any god damn tactics at all. 2 minutes of people shooting phoenix rockets...mind blown.
Using infantry in a coordinated fashion to destroy enemy armor, AMS, and even air vehicles (strikers) is a tactic. Funny thing? Rolling armor is totally ineffective against infantry fighting like that and has been proven time and time again by us when we played PlanetSide. When tech plants are not available you can't pull tanks to fight tanks, but, do you know what you can do? Organize your platoon to pull strikers/phoenix and completely negate the tech plant advantage while pushing the front line forward.

Hard concept I know.

This thread ain't about personal accomplishment (if it were you obviously wouldn't have anything to post.) Our outfit started on day 1. How about yours?

It sounds to me like none of you had a lot of success with the Prowler. I had a shitload. Are you saying you aren't capable of playing as well as me?
That's what happens when The Enclave decides to pull armor.

As fun and amusing as that was Prowlers/Vanguards/Magriders didn't shift the tide of continent battles. I wouldn't expect you to understand though.

It wouldn't shock me if you weren't based upon these whiny tryhard posts.
You seem upset. Did I strike a nerve? I must have. Just because nobody has heard of "AA Alliance" (Might as well be random non-factor outfit #5061) doesn't mean that you have to personally attack me. I'm a very sensitive person you know.
Old 2012-03-16, 02:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #74
Figment
Lieutenant General

Wait, did he just prove our point that one reason TR footzerged was the Striker?
Old 2012-03-16, 02:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #75
Aurmanite
Captain

It would be fantastic if you guys could stay on topic rather than calling me out. Are you 12?

That last TR video cut off just as you all got bombed off the hill. The video showed an entire group of you sitting on a hill killing maybe 3 vehicles. Blown away.

Last edited by Aurmanite; 2012-03-16 at 02:59 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion