Are AP Cannons underpowered? - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: It's 2011 and Hellfish still can't read.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-03-24, 09:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
Hobnail
Private

It's all a waste of time certing into AP IMHO. An opposing 2/2 MBT with an empire specific AV secondary will out-DPS a fully certed AP.

Better to run with a friend and plow your certs into 2x zoom and your secondary. Two sets of eyes, two weapons and 2x the repair capacity all while retaining the anti-infantry effectiveness of HEAT.
Old 2013-03-25, 01:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
Chaff
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Re: Are AP Cannons underpowered?

....now if they only made a 3-seat MBT, with better armor, better primary AP gun, Dedicated-Driver , and better 2ndary AI gun,.....perhaps we'd see less TANK SPAM, better armor vs armor fights, and infantry would have to be more respectful of tanks - yet see significantly less MBTs on the battelield. Something along these lines is my preference for Tanks. Oh, and give the Lightning better ground clearance, less tip-over prone, less stuck-in-ditch prone, and generally a tad more maneuverable......and make Skyguard more effective. Current Skyguard loaduot is a Joke.

Last edited by Chaff; 2013-03-25 at 01:07 PM.
Old 2013-03-25, 01:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Yeah I think they fucked up making the primary gun so powerful against infantry. AI should be the bread and butter of the secondary gun thus making the mbt more of a team oriented vehicle. Instead the mbt gets a gun that does everything and to me that really dont make sense.
Old 2013-03-27, 11:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #64
ColdCheese
Corporal

Originally Posted by Sledgecrushr View Post
Yeah I think they fucked up making the primary gun so powerful against infantry. AI should be the bread and butter of the secondary gun thus making the mbt more of a team oriented vehicle. Instead the mbt gets a gun that does everything and to me that really dont make sense.
AP needs an armor buff bad
Old 2013-03-27, 11:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
Falcon_br
Captain

My builds are:
Ap+halbert to support infantry against tanks on open grounds. The second most used build.
He+m525 to farm infantry in bases I know the enemy has no tanks, most of them. The build I use most.
Heat+Texas ranger so I can deal with any threat when the enemy force is unknow and I lack any type of backup. Rarely use this one because I always ask for intel on command chat before deploying.

Specialization is allway better them Jack of all trades in those kind of games.

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2

Last edited by Falcon_br; 2013-03-27 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Autocorrect!
Old 2013-03-28, 03:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #66
Rothnang
Major

There are a few changes they could make to the AP cannon to improve it without raising the damage to absurd levels:

1. If it hits anything that isn't a tank or sunderer it should come out the other side and keep going. It's a kinetic penetrator, it doesn't stop for a little meat in a suit.

2. When it penetrates a vehicle it causes temporary internal damage, slowing the vehicle down, decreasing its reload speed, maybe destroying some of its ammo. (Basically by giving it a debilitating effect on enemy vehicles it allows this gun to win a fight against a HEAT+AV vehicle while having an anti infantry weapon fitted without just giving it insane damage.)

3. It could carry more ammo than exploding weapons, since armor piercing solid shot doesn't require special storage to be safe to have in a tank. Having more ammo in an AP tank than in an HE/HEAT tank would be an advantage in protracted tank battles.
Old 2013-03-28, 06:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #67
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

After much consideration the easiest and possibly best buff to AP would be to make it the default cannon for MBTs and simply remove HEAT from the game. SOE refunding certs spent on HEAT and SC spent on AP of course.

Old 2013-03-28, 06:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #68
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
After much consideration the easiest and possibly best buff to AP would be to make it the default cannon for MBTs and simply remove HEAT from the game. SOE refunding certs spent on HEAT and SC spent on AP of course.
Im pretty sure heat comes standard with every tank. Soe has worked so that the brand new player will have a decent weapons out of the gates. I admire this tact but when it comes to tanks you get the absolute best weapon imo to start with. Maybe they should start everyone with AP turret?
Old 2013-03-28, 07:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #69
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

HEAT does come standard.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion