Planetside 2 , what a joke of a game,it does not even deserve to be called planetside - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: You wish it was for dinner.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-15, 11:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #61
Badjuju
First Sergeant

Re: Planetside 2 , what a joke of a game,it does not even deserve to be called planet

Originally Posted by VaderShake View Post
LoL....TGIF I guess haha...
That sig is awesome
Old 2013-01-15, 11:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #62
VaderShake
First Lieutenant

Re: Planetside 2 , what a joke of a game,it does not even deserve to be called planet

Originally Posted by Badjuju View Post
That sig is awesome
Thanks, I want to do a MAXX version as well, I just need the time!
Old 2013-01-15, 12:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
Qwan
Captain

Originally Posted by mbarrett View Post
I was really looking forward to planetside 2 and all i can say after playing it and trying to enjoy it , I would like to ask one direct question directed at matt higby , why the bloodyhell did you and your team decide to make a sequel to planetside and remove everything that was good and worked well in the original game , nothing at all in planetside 2 feels like planetside , this is the lame reply to my question which i would expect , BF3 sold 10 million copies so lets copy it in every way hape and form , there is not enough conts , the squad/platoon should be displayed properly like in the original , the zerg seem to be zerging across the map like headless chickens and taking what ever they can , this game needs the command rank system back to control the fight better . i hope evryone goes back to the original planetside because even tho graphically it may be dated but i know what game i would rather play
Im not hear to bash your thread mbarrett, in fact I agree with you on some aspects. But prior to release they said this would not be a past and cut of PS1, and its not. I mean to tell you the truth the FPS genre has evolved alot since PS1 and I think they went in the right direction. I see the first 6 months to a year as building up the platform for whats to come. I believe that they initially put it out in this format to gain the confidents of most of the BF3, CoD gamers to at least get them to take a look and they did. I think that as more content is added to the game you will start to see alot of the familier things that we vets have grown to like in the game. So I think you should give it time, and follow the growth of the game like we did when PS1 came out, I think you will start to see what your looking for.

..Ding .... Ding .... Ding.... And thats one to grow on.

Last edited by Qwan; 2013-01-15 at 12:39 PM.
Old 2013-01-15, 01:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #64
Bobby Shaftoe
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Qwan View Post
the FPS genre has evolved alot since PS1
Ironsights...
Old 2013-01-16, 05:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #65
GisTheGit
Private

Well in my experience there is no such thing as a decent sequel

Nova cracked it with the DF series & Cod1 & UO but as a rule sequels suck

BF2 legendary game - BF3 clusterfuck console crap
Modern warfare Great competitive game - MW2 & Copy & paste 3 utter shite
MOH awesome - Every HOH since not worth the disc space
Ghost recon 1 & 2 rocked but every since sucks monkeys gonads

The list can go on but why should PS2 be any different ?
Old 2013-01-16, 06:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #66
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by GisTheGit View Post
Well in my experience there is no such thing as a decent sequel

Nova cracked it with the DF series & Cod1 & UO but as a rule sequels suck

BF2 legendary game - BF3 clusterfuck console crap
Modern warfare Great competitive game - MW2 & Copy & paste 3 utter shite
MOH awesome - Every HOH since not worth the disc space
Ghost recon 1 & 2 rocked but every since sucks monkeys gonads

The list can go on but why should PS2 be any different ?
Derailing is bad, but nevertheless:

Command and Conquer: Tiberian Sun/Red Alert 2
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within
Half-Life 2
GTA (3 and further, since IMO GTA1 was better than GTA2)
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
Need for Speed: Underground 2
Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy

As for more modern games:
Warhammer 40k Dawn Of War 2
Batman: Arkham City
Borderlands 2
Transformers: Fall of Cybertron

Add consoles to that:
Halo 3
Killzone 2
Mortal Kombat (Reboot)

The list is really huge, I'm just tooo lazy to give you the entire list. However in the modern environment, sequels for games do tend to suck compared to their predecessors.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2013-01-16, 06:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #67
Qwan
Captain

Originally Posted by Bobby Shaftoe View Post
Ironsights...

Nooo I mean graphic and design wise, also FPS players of today love there cookie cutter classes, the medic, engi, heavy, light and stuff like that. In PS1 you had a shell, and you designed it the way you wanted. You had your medic, engi and heavy all in one (if you spent the certs right). Todays FPS player wants instant vehicle access, in PS1 if you didnt spend the certs access was denied. The system worked fine for me, but like I said SOE wanted to attract everybody not just PS1 vets. So here we are today with PS2 its very successful, they attracted alot of the new FPS gamers with the cookie cutter class design and they also have the vets playing because they used PLANETSIDE in the planetside 2 title. Alot of vets are a little disappointed but as each month goes by, a little bit more of PS1 is actually coming into the game, and I see it like this. In time most of the next gen FPS players will go off and play that shinny new shooter from BF3 or CoD, but you know who will still be here, guys like me, true blue fans of Planetside.
Old 2013-01-16, 08:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #68
Valcron
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by mbarrett View Post
I was really looking forward to planetside 2 and all i can say after playing it and trying to enjoy it , I would like to ask one direct question directed at matt higby , why the bloodyhell did you and your team decide to make a sequel to planetside and remove everything that was good and worked well in the original game , nothing at all in planetside 2 feels like planetside , this is the lame reply to my question which i would expect , BF3 sold 10 million copies so lets copy it in every way hape and form , there is not enough conts , the squad/platoon should be displayed properly like in the original , the zerg seem to be zerging across the map like headless chickens and taking what ever they can , this game needs the command rank system back to control the fight better . i hope evryone goes back to the original planetside because even tho graphically it may be dated but i know what game i would rather play

This is a solid post, it is true that Planetside 2 is nothing more than a meat grinder. It's not good, simple as that.
Old 2013-01-16, 08:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #69
Baptist
Private

Hi Guy's before Beta I used to check these forums everyday for updates on how Planetside 2 was coming along, I played PS1 back when it first came out and still have the box copy laying around somewhere, but it was sooo buggy that I quickly lost interest and left never to return, sound familiar??
This Virgin of greatness you all call PS1 wasn't born perfect, In my head whenever I click this forum I always think what are they crying about today.

I lol'd and spat Tea on my Keyboard when I read

Planetside 2 , what a joke of a game,it does not even deserve to be called planetside

Come On deal with it, I don't play CoD and I bought BF3 but only played that game twice in a total of 30 minutes game time, though I will say for awhile I really got into Bad Company 2, I'm saying this because you all keep referring to PS2 like BF3, which it's nothing like.
NOTHING LIKE, they have Guns and you can shoot people .. that's it you all know it to be true the Dev's are working at it, they are giving your community attention and are trying to listen and be helpful, I'd say if you don't like the game just stop playing and stop crying, for the love of GOD stop the crying.
I think Hamma needs to post up another Moral boast video or something, cause most of you have kicked the rattle out of the pram.
Old 2013-01-16, 10:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #70
IronMole
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Baptist View Post
Come On deal with it, I don't play CoD and I bought BF3 but only played that game twice in a total of 30 minutes game time, though I will say for awhile I really got into Bad Company 2, I'm saying this because you all keep referring to PS2 like BF3, which it's nothing like. NOTHING LIKE, they have Guns and you can shoot people .. that's it you all know it to be true
As stated before - Higby is an avid BF3 fan and PS2 is heavily influenced on that. No matter how you try and put it, PS2 pretty much plays like BF3. The whole design on PS2 is identical to BF3.

PS1 was unique, although first of it's kind - the whole system was different. Makes me wonder why so many people carried on playing for years at a time and not sticking to the usual FPS's...

I've played pretty much every FPS game that's been created, both publicly and competitively. PS2 has brought nothing different to the genre.
Old 2013-01-16, 10:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #71
PoisonTaco
First Sergeant

Was the original Planetside really as good as it was the day it came out? You can't tell me it was free of its own problems at launch and a few months after.

Planetside 2 has some issues yes. Does that spell doom and gloom? No. We're being listened to, so all there is to do is wait and see what these new tunnels will bring for us.
Old 2013-01-16, 10:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #72
PredatorFour
Major

Originally Posted by Baptist View Post
I think Hamma needs to post up another Moral boast video or something, cause most of you have kicked the rattle out of the pram.
Sorry but didn't you kick the rattle out the pram not giving PS a chance? or this one it seems? Come on, you missed out on one of the greatest games of all time there !

The game IS like battlefield you surely cannot deny that. The people in authority working on PS 2 development said they loved battlefield and its obvious with things like the class system amongst other things.

People are crying because they are upset and hurt, their expectations of the game were huge and the game has fallen short. Maybe they shouldn't cry on forums but its maybe the only place they can vent their frustrations and get them out.

I for one am actually looking forward to what this year brings. I hope in a year it will change into a true planetside sequel. They finally managed to make tunnels underground which could open up a whole can of worms in regards to base design. I hope in time we will see proper PS1 style bases done in the style of PS 2 now the engine can support it.
Old 2013-01-16, 11:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #73
Qwan
Captain

Originally Posted by Valcron View Post
This is a solid post, it is true that Planetside 2 is nothing more than a meat grinder. It's not good, simple as that.
I have to agree to disagree with you on this as well Valcron, it is a meat grinder, but isnt any FPS a meat grinder. All the other FPS are just shoot and get shot and take the points, right. The difference in PS2 is there is no time limit, no end of a match screen with stats, its persistant, you take it its yours until another faction steps over your dead body to capture the point. One of the things I look forward to (Im hoping and believe) is that more and more content will be added, like weapons, vehicles, and hopefully weapon tweeking in balance and hopefully some better base designs and vehicle designs, continent designs, better command interface ( I want to doodle on the damn screen), ability to fly out over the damn water and smoke my cig.

As a PS fan Im really looking forward to the next 6 months, for better and better content.
Old 2013-01-16, 11:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #74
Rockit
Banned

Old 2013-01-16, 12:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #75
hashish
Sergeant

Guys if u want something to play while waiting for planetside 2 to be 'Completed' as it really is like 10% done at the moment lol ! Try out Guild wars 2 !

Im mainly and fps gamer but i got convinced by a friend and it really is a great MMO. The scale of guildwars 2 make planetside 2 look PUNY ! lol SOE has soo much work todo so why not play something that is ready
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion