According to you everyone is an asshat, what you need to do is chill out

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-06-18, 06:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
Pilgrim
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Tek...

Can't help but notcie that every time you post a thread goes in the crapper.

SWG will be kewl. It'll probably be rocky on launch, find a game that isn't, will probably attract lots of fans of both MMO and the movies, and will do really well. More power to them. is it worth MY 14 bucks a month... no, why because it's not my type of game. I've tried the tread mill games, they hold little apeal to me, and I get borred extremely fast. Then you have the end-game that always ends up being a no-tallent key mashing contest, in which the person with the most free-time wins. Not my cup of tea, so I'll pass, regardless of what else they put in.

PS on the other hand is my thing. I can kill a person who plays much more then me, simply beacuse I'm better then them, be it from twitch, organization, or just numbers, I get to win.
So PS is worth my 13 bucks because I enjoy what I'm doing, if at any time I stop enjoying it I'll stop paying, the same thing I'd suggest anyone else to do.

Y'see how easy it is Tek when you're not an attention whore. If you don't like the number of facilities, the weapons, or the game play, that's fine, many people don't... move on, but beating that dead horse just so you can feel important is stupid, and getting kinda old for the rest of us.

You don't like PS because it's not what your dope addled mind thinks it should be, kewl, see ya, have fun playing something else, maybe we'll be in a game together someday we both like! Untill then BYE BYE.

To end this little rant, I'll quote Cioran.
"I never met one interesting mind that was not richly endowed with inadmissable deficiencies."

PAX
Old 2003-06-18, 06:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
Airlift
Sig Mastah!

Asshat I may be, but you are singemindedly fixed on the idea that your opinion is the only one that is valid and objective. You consistently post moronic shit and expect us to flock to you and prove why the game is worth your money. Then when we fail to have the interest to reply to your garbage, you seem to assume that transforms your opinion into fact.

One day, I'm sure the wisdom will be granted you to realize that we don't give a fuck if it is worth your money. For all I care, you can take your fifty dollars, cash it in for quarters and shove each and every one up your worthless ass.

Hugs and kisses, shitfist.
Old 2003-06-18, 06:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #64
TekDragon
Contributor

I wunna punch your ass out... but I liked your post too much

Fair enough, but id like to say i started out by saying SWG was worth the price. Someone asked me, then, if i did not think PS was worth the price. I gave my answer. Someone said i was wrong.

Dont think i ran into the thread to spout some anti-PS shit. I have alot of hope for this game and I really want it to (eventually) be a good game.

Oh, one last thing. Dont tell me FPS aint where I think its at. Boy.. if we do meet in a CTF in Halo 2, T3, or HL2... youll be goin to sleep crying. My l33t skillz will not be tarred

[EDIT] This post was originally for Hunter.

Airlift - lol, you little pussy. Dont act like i preach gospel. My opinion was asked and i gave it. If you dont LIKE my opinion then tell me im wrong and why. Dont just tell me im stupid without disproving any of my points. If you cant do that, dont post mother fuker. I dont recall there being a special invitation for you to come in and post your infantile judgements on other peoples' posts.

NS on the quarters though

Last edited by TekDragon; 2003-06-18 at 07:02 PM.
Old 2003-06-19, 01:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #65
Airlift
Sig Mastah!

You are the one who acts like you're preaching the gospel, you dumb shit. You repeat the same fucking points over and over, but they were stupid nonsense the very first time you raised them. You are so fucking hung up on your vision of the game that you don't have a single clue about the real thing. You talk about the code as if you knew a variable from your asshole, but it is obvious from the ignorant shit you say that this just isn't true.

You talk about content like you would recognize solid game design, but your ideas are ridiculous and would turn the game into yet another piece of shit RPG. Go play Neocron you cocksucker. It has all the bullshit content you could ever want. Or better yet, stfu and go hypothetically play the SWG beta.

Again, I'm not going to deconstruct your arguments because they are not worth my time. However, I enjoy flaming your gay ass, so I'll continue to give your posts all the attention they deserve.
Old 2003-06-19, 01:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #66
TekDragon
Contributor

Again, I'm not going to deconstruct your arguments because they are not worth my time. However, I enjoy flaming your gay ass, so I'll continue to give your posts all the attention they deserve.
Thats EXACTLY the BS I expect from ignorant fuks like you.

You say that i rant and that my ideas would ruin PS. Fact is you dont even READ my fukin posts. You have NO idea what i say. You just see my Pink Floyd logo and you turn into an insta flamer.
  • How the hell would making more base designs ruin PS?
  • How the hell would putting in more vehicles, equipment, armor, and weaponry ruin PS?
  • How the hell does pointing out the fact that PS has 1/100th the content and uses 1/10th the server space and processing power of a MMORPG and therefore should not cost the same... make me into a jerk?

You cant answer a damn one of those. Yet those are the points i make that you flame me on.

Your nothing but a fanboi flamer Airlift. You dont even realize that i WANT PS to be a great game. I WANT it to be worth the amount of money they charge. Just because i say "It is not worth the money" does NOT mean I am saying PS is a horrible game and anyone that plays it is a ***. Thats just the direction you take it when you DONT READ MY FUCKING POSTS.

Last edited by TekDragon; 2003-06-19 at 01:58 AM.
Old 2003-06-19, 08:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #67
Airlift
Sig Mastah!

Oh, I read your posts. They give me no end of amusement. I read the posts when you were bitching your ass off that you couldn't get the game to run on your super machine that pwnz every other modern game. I read the posts when you were claiming to be the only one who could write an objective review because all the industry sites and magazines are taking bribes. I read the posts where you claim repeatedly that PS will flop because it doesn't follow your vision. And I read all your bullshit posts in this thread.

Let me address your most recent "arguments" now for the record and to the satisfaction of your little condascending dickless ass. Pay attention, cos I'm only responding to these once:

How the hell would making more base designs ruin PS?
This isn't one of your ruinious ideas (like all the earlier posts where you push things like hundreds of weapons and NPCS), but it is still pointless and would not improve the game. There are a set number of base designs to create consistency of tactics. Unlike a FPS that ships with 20 maps, there are well over 100 bases in this game. Rather than make each one unique they opted to create several layouts that will become familiar to the players so that they can fight over/in the bases instead of wandering around them aimlessly.

If you have ever played a FPS (like the veteran you claim to be), you would know that the real game doesn't even start until both sides have a working knowledge of the maps. With varied terrain in the SOIs, it is unlikely that anyone is going to "know all the maps" in PS, but everyone who has graduated from newbdom should have a working knowledge of the base layouts.

Even tho there are only 5 layouts, it still takes the average player a long time to get the hang of which objectives are located where on each one. I've been on TS with some hardcore players and sometimes they still ask where the cap room is on a particular base.

BTW, You are a fucking moron for thinking that more is automatically better. Chess has but a single map and it pwns your sorry ass.

How the hell would putting in more vehicles, equipment, armor, and weaponry ruin PS?
Oh WOW! You mean you had the brilliant fucking idea that they should put more content in the game? HOLY SHIT! You are a genius. Dumb shit, no one is arguing that they shouldn't put in more content, we're just not all bitching that they aren't putting that content in fast enough. That's just you.

You do keep coming back to the idea that the game should have hundreds of weapons to satisfy your content cravings, but that is just plain retarded. You should be able to identify the weapons that are being used around you, so that you can vary your tactics and strategies to fit the situation. If we had hundreds of weapons, they would be A) a lot of reskinned, remodelled, rePEATS. B) way out of balance with each other, causing players to use only a fraction of what is available to them. C) more memory intensive than this game already is because there are now a dozen shotgun models instead of two, and the same goes for every other major class of weapon.

How the hell does pointing out the fact that PS has 1/100th the content and uses 1/10th the server space and processing power of a MMORPG and therefore should not cost the same... make me into a jerk?
It doesn't make you a jerk, it makes your idea stupid. Your precious RPGs don't really have all the content you think they do. Sure, they have a shit ton of 6/23 swords that drop from different models or varying skins, but killing the rat/bat/snake/orc pawn on a fucking treadmill so you can go to a new zone and kill identical but bigger mobs does not make a content rich environment. NPCs that wander aimlessly around a zone or sit all damn day on a static spawn do not make good content. How many dungeons did your precious EQ have when it shipped? By my count it was 10. Well, by your reckoning, that makes twice as much content as PS has, I guess this game really will flop.

Have you ever played a MUD before? If you had, you would have recognized EQ and its ilk for what they are the first moment you played one. MMORPGs as they have been introduced so far are nothing more than a 3d interface laid over a simple MUD engine. Items may have varying stats, but they al fall into a few classes (ooh, a 1hb, 2hb, these staves are oh so different from each other even though the models are the same and the character wields them both the same too!) that aren't even very different from each other.

Wait wait, I was wrong. That last point does make you a jerk, because you don't have a clue how much processing power any of those games require or are given because you have never been thru the god damned server rooms. Do you know what they are hosting on, how much ram or disk space is required, what pipes they connect with, how much data is being transmitted over those pipes? No, no, no, and no. You only know your touchy-feely magic "content level". You are sick in the fucking head if you think you even have an idea of what is going on under the hood of any of these games. I know I don't, but unlike you, I can appreciate the complexity.

Make new points, your current selection is tired. We can start digging up your old ones thru the search page if you want. There was some comedy gold in there, to be sure.
Old 2003-06-19, 08:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #68
Sp3ctre
Sergeant Major

God Tek, you need anger management, or need to lay off the drugs! It seems like ur against the whole board on this one. And from an outsider of this argument (me), you do sound like an asshole.

If someone thinks 5 bases, no good weapons etc... is worth $13 a month, then it's worth $13 a month. The huge amount of people who do think it's worth that means that you may have too high standards for the miniscule amount of money that is $13.

BTW, why the hell do you class none of these weapons as futuristic? A laser beam is just a light ray thats wavelength is really small. A laser is practically a pin point flamethrower, as it just cooks stuff (Like a microwave). Why does a futuristic weapon have to shoot Star Wars-esque pretty laser beams?

A laser beam will do a lot less damage than a huge slug of metal. A futuristic weapon 1000 years into the future wouldn't need ammo. I think a 3 inch pure diamond (Hardest substance on Earth, if you don't know) bullet filed down, so that at 5000x magnification it's still sharp, is gonna do much more damage than a shiny green stick of light. If this game was realistic and DID have weapons like this, it would be unplayable and boring.

People will still be using assault rifles in the future
Old 2003-06-19, 09:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #69
Onizuka
Lieutenant General

Originally posted by Airlift
Oh, I read your posts. They give me no end of amusement.
me 2
well im done argueing with tek or any of the other people that call me a "child".

Theres just people on this planet that will complain about anything, and pick at every little thing you say. They are there and they are abundant. Its just part of life i guess.

/me yawns
Old 2003-06-19, 10:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #70
FearTheAtlas
First Lieutenant

Originally posted by Hamma
This thread sucks now.
Old 2003-06-19, 11:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #71
Jarlo
Second Lieutenant

Wow what was once an interesting thread is now one of the worst in the forum.

Old 2003-06-19, 12:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #72
Hamma
PSU Admin

Please people, I beg of you. USE THE IGNORE FEATURE

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-06-19, 01:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #73
Airlift
Sig Mastah!

sigh, ok ok. I will stop. It's just soooo fun to roast him.

All day long, foot up a dog's ass.... That's my pleasure!
Old 2003-06-19, 01:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #74
TekDragon
Contributor

Airlift you will be the first person I have ever used the ignore feature on.

That post you considered "flaming me" was pathetic. You took my point on bases, which has always been a corner stone of my arguments, and side stepped it. You went off on some BS tangent about chess and newbs not understanding the battlefields. You actually managed to twist it around into making the point that "anyone who wants more content is an idiot".

Then lets skip down to this one:
How the hell does pointing out the fact that PS has 1/100th the content and uses 1/10th the server space and processing power of a MMORPG and therefore should not cost the same... make me into a jerk?
Your responce to this one was unworldly. Ive come to the conclusion you are either a very bad arguer, or you are simply too stupid to understand basic english. Let me try again.

I AM NOT SAYING PLANETSIDE SHOULD HAVE SWORDS, SPELLS, QUESTS, NPCS, OR MOBS. If you honestly thought thats what im saying... your an idiot.

Its called a PARALELL. I am COMPARING the developmental process of TWO different games. Yes, I understand they are different games. Do YOU understand what a comparison is? When you get to the 6th grade they will expect you to know how to comprehend simple parallel comparisons.

In an MMORPG, ill take EQ just to be fair, the developers have a ton of work to do. Lets take a look at the things the EQ team has to worry about that the PS team does not:
  • AI scripting for NPCs and MOBs **this is huge, months and years of work**
  • Huge, game-wide economic system balanced through MOB drops, terrain resources, and NPCs
  • Charachter databases that have to potentially store 100's of items (compared to the max of a dozen items in PS)
  • NPC quests and MOBs that continue to be balanced with players as they advance (it is an RPG, after all)
Now lets see what the PS team did in their 3 years that the EQ team did not have to worry about
  • An advanced FPS physics engine
  • Z-axis movement and vehicles that take advanatage of it

Ok, now that weve succesfully compared the extra things each dev team accomplished, shall we look at the content that EACH team had to do? Lets not and say we did. We both know that the EQ team put in 100x the content that the PS dev team put in.

DISCLAIMER
This disclaimer is here to prevent people from side stepping again (Airlift). I am NOT saying PS should be an RPG. This has merely been a COMPARISON of the amount of effort the seperate dev teams put into their individual games.

Anyone with an ounce of perception can see that the EQ team (or the UO team, or the SWG team, or the AC team) put in hundreds more hours of coding and work than the PS team.

Now, Finally, ill get it the last point:
How the hell would putting in more vehicles, equipment, armor, and weaponry ruin PS?
Great fucking job side-stepping this one too Airlift. You make it sound like no-one disagrees that adding more content is a good thing (even though you said im an idiot for wanting more content above), yet im an idiot for complaining that they arent adding it fast enough.

Wrong. Im "complaining" that they didnt put the content in during the last 3 years the game has been under development, then they had the nerve to release the game at a $50 box price. THEN, they expect us to pay $13 again when, so far, they havent given us a damn thing except the *promise* of a friggin common pool vehicle.

My complaint is not JUST the content, Airlift. My complaint is the lack there-of, coupled with the high price. I no doubt understand that some people find this to be a fair trade. I am merely saying that **I** do not. I suspect many other people do not as well, but they dont wish to post here cause they will get assaulted by fanboy flamers like you. In some ways the PSU forums are not a friendly place. It is painfully obvious when it comes to the matter of constructive critisism of this potentially great game.
Old 2003-06-19, 01:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #75
Robot
Major

i'm just not going to reply anymore, because it's like playing tennis with a rock
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge