Space Combat REDUX - no flaming please. - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Oh God it burns!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-03-18, 08:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
Krinsath
Sergeant Major

So nobody has any new feedback? I know it's a lot to read and digest, but I have to have screwed up something SOMEWHERE.

If I didn't, then damnit get me an application to be a PS Dev.

You know you don't want that, so find the flaws with the design. No, the argument about playerbase will not be accepted, as player population is an unknown factor and can go either way. The expansion, if properly done, could bring IN enough players to offset the dilution (as gaming sites review it and go "wow! kick ass!"), or it may strip away and make the surface less fun. Equally likely, so we'll leave it at that for now as you're getting into "what ifs". Pretend Smoke just posted that on In Concept and tear it a new one like you guys do there.

Any other comments welcome.
Old 2004-03-18, 10:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
oddfish
Colonel

Krins, this idea is so damn good it essentially manages to passify everyone's desires as far as space combat is concerned.. except for those who don't want it at all. which is their oppinion and that's okay. but, i mean, we've touched on every base. time for the devs to take this puppy to the drawing board once i get the designs out and perhaps tweak the mini-capital ship issue.

My Blog
[20:19] <Phobos> oddfish: Glad to see you, now help me move this dead body.
Old 2004-03-19, 07:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #63
Krinsath
Sergeant Major

If that really is the case, then I have two requests:

1) Get me the damned concept art back you slackabout artist (j/k about the slackabout part) Oh, there's still other things that can be done if there are any other artists that would like to help! Draw a picture, post it here with a caption for what it's for.

2) I'll put this up as a web page on my site for easier (less ugly) viewing.

3) Hand me my Dev application.

After all that, we may need to go to the *shudder* OF and see what the people there can do to rip it apart (PSU has too many intelligent people for good idea ripping )
Old 2004-03-19, 07:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #64
GreyFox
First Sergeant

Remember, whoevers doing the Artwork. The Spaceships would need to have thrusters in every direction.
Old 2004-03-19, 07:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #65
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

Thrusters don't neccessarily have to be represented in the Concept, other then some big ones towards the bow to kill forward momentum, I wouldn't think they would be very big.
Old 2004-03-19, 07:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #66
Krinsath
Sergeant Major

Yes, thrusters would be mounted all around, but not always the biggest of things. They can be little holes on the aircraft (such as the ones on the nose Star Wars X-Wing) for manuevering and so probably don't need to be shown so much for that aspect (when things are weightless, you don't need to work so hard to change directions).

I *would* like an underhang under the cockpit of each of the spacecraft that glows whenever the ship is decelerating (reverse thrust), but that isn't as needed in the concept art. Since weapons can be mounted more wing-wards (why do they have wings in space? If you control both warships they're usable on the ground...where wings would be a bit useful, hence they have them...and is it just me or do SpecOps guys get warm fuzzy feelings about using Minions to transport more troops than a Lib in a smaller, less detectable package?) it leaves the region under the pilot available for such a mechanism.

Don't think I mentioned the need to include that though, so nice catch guys.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion