Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 2004-05-05, 10:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #61
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Blaming the actions of your sheer stupidity and lack of common sense on your personal life is utter cowardice, lack of responsibility and maturity, and flat-out bullshit.

If all these things are true, then you should be seeking professional psychological help. Getting involved with alcohol and sex with adult women (though how adult I cannot say, robbing the cradle) is purely pathetic- you need real help. See a psychiatrist. But don't blame your shitbaggery on your issues (or in your case, subscriptions). You're a punk kid and that's that. Your mommy needs to bitch-slap you a few times and spank your spoiled little ass nightly. She also needs to revoke every priviledge you think you're entitled to, such as computer time, driving her Saturn to Big Lots or Best Buy, etc. You probably should be sent to one of those Teenage Boot Camps that we see on Maury and Rikki Lake.

I revoke my intent to sign.
Old 2004-05-05, 10:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #62
Manitou
Contributor
Old War Horse

Strength is sometimes defined as doing the right thing even when it is the most unpopular and toughest choice to make.

Hamma made a tough choice based on lots more info and history than most, if not all, of you know. Once the choice is made, it is still a very hard thing to do - but that, my friends is integrity. Standing up for what you feel to be right, no matter the cost.

As for Squeeky, I knew him as a young pup when he first joined the CDL. We loved having him and he served with honor and distinction up until the point we had to let him go, which just happens to coincide with the time he started what I considered to be his turn for the worse. If he is able to pull himself out of this destructive nose dive, I respect that and applaud it. I am not pitying him by any means. I am challenging him to make something of himself by making the right choices and walking the narrow path back to a point where he first respects himself, that he may begin to respect others.

I would recommend that after his post, whether you consider it genuine or not, respect the man's decision to even post and leave it at that.

Manitou
"
On the plains of hesitation lie the bones of countless millions who, upon the dawn of victory, sat down to rest and resting, died."
<))><
Old 2004-05-05, 11:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #63
keaoi
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Electrofreak
Fuck that shit Squeeky. I've had a lot of bad shit happen too, and you don't see me being a complete cock. Your excuses mean nothing. I pity you not.

I wonder when you will ever learn that you are getting banned and kicked and hated because you ARE bringing all this shit upon yourself. Are you too stupid to realize that being an asshole generally results in this happening? Or do you just not care? Either way, don't play the victim, you DID bring all this shit on yourself because of your behavior, and now your reap the consequences. Stop your crying about it and DEAL with it. Goodbye Squeeky, and GOOD FUCKING RIDDANCE.
thats kinda shallow man, he completely admitted that he brought this upon himself. He isnt crying about, just saying his real life is fucked up, and its affecting him here which still makes him an ass, but he admited he fucked up. If your just so happy about jumping on the "Bash Squeeky" bandwagon, let me point out the ignorance of your post.

Originally Posted by Squeeky
I wont however come back if i havent cleaned up my real life. Because thats when i'm an asshole.
Whatever, i'm not trying to make myself out to be the fucking pope here. I was an ass, and i'm still an ass
I'm the victim of my own actions. I brought the ban on myself
He admits that he is an asshole, that he brought this upon himself, and that he is seeking help. Despite your personal feeling for him, it took alot of stregth to admit that, and to admit he needs help and is seeking it. Then you completely ignore 99% of his post and hop back on the "Anti-Squeeky" Bandwagon.

And anyone who says your real life shouldnt/wouldnt affect the way you act on a forum is just plain fucking ignorant. That or you dont have a RL, so therefore it cant be affected.

Im not defending anything he did or said, or agreeing he is a victim of anything but his own actions. But ignorant malicious posts like that are unwanted here and I think that whether you hate him with all your fury, have a minor disposition towards him, or actually kinda like him, you have to respect that last post.
Old 2004-05-05, 11:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #64
Dharkbayne
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by keaoi
Im not defending anything he did or said, or agreeing he is a victim of anything but his own actions. But ignorant malicious posts like that are unwanted here and I think that whether you hate him with all your fury, have a minor disposition towards him, or actually kinda like him, you have to respect that last post.
Indeed.

+200 Cool Pts
Old 2004-05-05, 11:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #65
Red October
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Hamma
And for the record this personally was one of the hardest bans I have ever made. I did not want it to come down to this believe me.
The decision to ban is never an easy one, thus i sympathize with Hamma. I Co-Admin a forum on religion and that can get pretty hairy (2 years this June). I've had to ban two people (both whom I knew personally, or so I thought I knew) AND reprimand both the other Admin and a member (who goes to the same church as I do). We run a pretty tight ship (won't bore you with details). Usually I try to let everyone resolve issues they have with others by themselves. But on occasion, you have to intervene and break up the "children". When it comes to banning, well both individuals left me with no choice. They knew the rules and the circumstances for those rules, yet they totally ignored them. In essence, they banned themselves, but I was still disgusted that I had to do it. Plus it was an unfortunate way to find out two people I thought could be trusted were not people of thier word. Banning people, particularly those you thought you knew, always leaves a really bad taste in your mouth.
Old 2004-05-05, 11:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #66
EarlyDawn
Major General

Originally Posted by UncleDynamite
I wouldn't mind seeing Squeeky back, but I'm not signing the petition. He was a big part of PSU and may have indeed received some ill treatment, but that doesn't make up for his crappy attitude and behavior.
I concur. He was a valuble part of the community, but he could bitch and whine incessantly.
Old 2004-05-05, 11:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #67
Jennyboo
Mrs. Hamma

Originally Posted by Manitou
Strength is sometimes defined as doing the right thing even when it is the most unpopular and toughest choice to make.

Hamma made a tough choice based on lots more info and history than most, if not all, of you know. Once the choice is made, it is still a very hard thing to do - but that, my friends is integrity. Standing up for what you feel to be right, no matter the cost.

As for Squeeky, I knew him as a young pup when he first joined the CDL. We loved having him and he served with honor and distinction up until the point we had to let him go, which just happens to coincide with the time he started what I considered to be his turn for the worse. If he is able to pull himself out of this destructive nose dive, I respect that and applaud it. I am not pitying him by any means. I am challenging him to make something of himself by making the right choices and walking the narrow path back to a point where he first respects himself, that he may begin to respect others.

I would recommend that after his post, whether you consider it genuine or not, respect the man's decision to even post and leave it at that.
I would have to agree with Mani ...Respect what he has said in his last post and leave it at that . Squeeky bashing isent needed ...whats done is done lets leave it at that

Last edited by Jennyboo; 2004-05-05 at 02:32 PM.
Old 2004-05-05, 11:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #68
SecondRaven
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Electrofreak
I've said this before, I'll say it again.

The problem with Squeeky is that he is an insensitive, attention-hungry and immature person. He loves being the center of attention and achieves this by offending people (such as in my case, I would love to post the logs of some of the pages and pages of insults he sent me regarding my deceased mother) and he also achieves this by doing things that are shocking, and immature. Stuff that makes people go "omg wtf?!".

He didn't care whether the attention he got was positive or negative. And negative attention is much easier to accomplish. He was worthless to the community other than for the occasional laugh. Otherwise he was being a complete fucktard, and the community doesn't need that.

I for one am very happy he is gone. I hate the little bastards guts (as many of you IRC regulars well know). PSU will remain much the same now that he is gone (you know, all that PNSNDABUT stuff in IRC ) but without all of the offensive and annoying shit Squeeky contributed. He simply got what was coming to him.

So, basically, fuck the petition, GOOD JOB HAMMA!
could of not said it better myself
Old 2004-05-05, 11:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #69
Black
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Jennyboo
I would have to agree with Mani ...Respect what he has said in his last post and leave it at that . Squeeky bashing isent need ...whats done is done lets leave it at that
omg words of wisdom pwn
Old 2004-05-05, 11:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #70
EarlyDawn
Major General

To be honest, I don't think he would come back if he could.
Old 2004-05-05, 11:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #71
UncleDynamite
Lieutenant Colonel

It's too bad that Squeeky's real-life issues affected how he was on the forums, since I would think that this forum is a great way to escape such issues.

But what's happened has happened, and I fully accept and approve of his ban. I also fully accept and approve of his last post, and I hope things improve for him.

As a sidenote: may I ask why UV left? I never found out why...
Old 2004-05-05, 11:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #72
Dharkbayne
Lieutenant General

Earlydawn :He said he would.

Anyways, I'm not saying he was a **respected** part of the community, although I have some respect for that last post, I'm just saying he is/was a BIG part of it, I mean, if you can get banned and get 2 threads here and another one on the BOHICA forums talking about it, you're a pretty damn big part of the community, you have to admit that.

I mean, I got banned 4 times, noone made a thread about me.

+200 Cool Pts
Old 2004-05-05, 11:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #73
OneManArmy
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I'd imagine the hardest ban ever would be jenny... ne pensez-vous pas?

While I respect squeeks for owning up to what he's done and posting as such. This isn't the first time something like this has happened, where squeeky has promised to calm down or reform, whatever word you want to use. As far as im concerned this is just histroy repeating itself.

that being said. If he actually does manage to get his act together, then I see no problem in welcomeing him back to the community.

that also being said, Stryguns accent fucking rocks!
Old 2004-05-05, 11:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #74
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by keaoi
And anyone who says your real life shouldnt/wouldnt affect the way you act on a forum is just plain fucking ignorant. That or you dont have a RL, so therefore it cant be affected.
I must not have a real life, then. I have battled alcoholism myself. I've battled insomnia brought on by post traumatic stress disorder as a result of certain things within my former job field. I've battled going through a vicious divorce that includes such topics of disease like: cycles of abuse, rampant infidelity, drug addiction that nearly cost me my military career to name a few. And through it all, my conduct remains the same. Some people might consider me an ass. Sure- I admit it myself. I'm abrasive, blunt, and occasionally rude. I do not suffer fools. By the way, I'm not trolling for sympathy in case someone wants to display the fiddle emoticon. Do so at your own leisure, it won't bother me.

Personal demons are personal. You are in control at all times of what comes over the internet. It takes a willful act to type and hit "Send". If you are weak-minded and you let these problems interfere with how you interact with society, then you have no business being in society. Life is bad enough without one more loose cannon freaking out and adding to the mix.
Old 2004-05-05, 11:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #75
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

I think i'm going to cry myself to sleep now

Actually, no I won't, the new squeeky sucked. Squeeky used to be a decent guy, he isn't anymore.
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge