PSU: the Anti-Drug.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Old 2003-02-26, 10:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #61
Lexington_Steele
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by MrVicchio
Didn't I all ready prove that Londons' crime rate was higher then NYC?
nope.

Sit Back, Relax, and Enjoy the Action.
Old 2003-02-26, 12:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
chopstickz
Private

Do you really need a gun for self defence? All I ever need is golf club

It doesn't matter how many bans or restrictions you have on firearms, gun crime does not generally speaking go down. For example owning a hand gun in this country (UK) will get you five years. If you want a shotgun licence youv'e gotta have a damn good reason. Still has gun crime gone down? no in fact its on a rise. It has become a symbol of defiance and status for criminals to have firearms.

If an armed responce officer shoots a firearm brandishing criminal because he thinks his or somone elses life is in danger he faces criminal charges. A bit harsh if you ask me but there you go.
Old 2003-02-26, 12:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
AeoNELiTe
Private

I don't know about the UK, but in the US if you kill someone who is trying to do serious harm to you, you walk. Doesn't matter if the gun was registered or not, that would be a seperate charge.

Old 2003-02-26, 12:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #64
chopstickz
Private

I not to fimiliar with british law but i know that harming someone in self defence with an unregistered firearm gets you in serious time. One of the reasons why i din't have one really
Old 2003-02-26, 01:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
OneManArmy
Contributor
Lieutenant General

well then, I can proudly say I'm glad to live in the USA where I can defend myself however I see fit and not get screwed just for protecting me and my family.

Laws only affect you if you follow them in the first place. Criminals will have a gun either way, so IMO taking the guns away from the honest people is a bad idea. Will it stop accidental deaths? yes. but there are much less drastic ways to do that.

Last edited by OneManArmy; 2003-02-26 at 01:23 PM.
Old 2003-02-26, 01:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
chopstickz
Private

Personally I can't see the need for a firearm to defend yourself here. Chances are that any intruder is only after your TV. See you and run off. There is a small chance that he's gonna be armed because getting hold of a handgun is not easy for a lowly house robber and they prob dont want to risk being caught with one.

Obviously many people in the UK feel this way because other wise we would have less strong gun laws.
Old 2003-02-26, 01:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #67
Hijinks
Staff Sergeant

Remember kids, when guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns.

Old 2003-02-26, 01:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #68
ABRAXAAS
Lieutenant Colonel

I agree with chopstickz, 99% of people that do Break and Enters do not use guns and the other 1 % use fake guns, I dont know what its like in the states. but here there really is no need for guns .
Old 2003-02-26, 02:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
MrVicchio
Contributor
Major General

I just wanna know where you people live, those that don't mind being robbed.. Man I canuse some money too.
Old 2003-02-26, 02:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #70
chopstickz
Private

I do mind being robbed but i'm not gonna shoot and intruder as soon as he comes in the door just hit him with a stick

What i'm saying is, being robbed isn't my number one worry, I feel pretty safe where I am. That is untill I tell you where I live and you rob me
Old 2003-02-26, 02:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #71
ABRAXAAS
Lieutenant Colonel

for mr vic

using Your threating aditude to try to make us agree with you wont work, I dare you to come up to my place in vancouver, You wouldnt make it past the front door.
Old 2003-02-26, 02:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #72
MrVicchio
Contributor
Major General

Hey, if you're not gonn ashoot me, and I DO have gun, I don't care. Thats easy pickings.

I am TRYING to illustrate a point that seems to be far too deep for some.

Take away guns as you say Abraxxas, In your foolhearty attempt at a gun free utopia, and what will happen? The bad guys will just get thier guns illegally, cause there is NO WAY in hell you are gonna rid the entire world of guns, and viola! You now have an unarmed populace facing armed Perps!

Your stick.. HA

You gotta a dog? You HAD a dog..

You gonna hide in the corner? What about your wife and daughter? What happens if that guy happens to like raping while he robs?

You feel safe where you livE? Great, wonderful, you think your area will always be safe? You are a fool. It may always be safe, but then again.... what happens then? You move?
Old 2003-02-26, 02:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #73
Navaron
Contributor
Major General

Let's say my PSU addiction leads me to theft and B&E. None of your sticks or golf clubs are gonna stop me because I know Tae Kwon Do. Say we do outlaw guns. Then what will be the weapon of choice in 10 years, knives, bats.... then we outlaw every conceivable weapon.....I CAN STILL KILL YOU. Martial arts gonna be next? Then what? Making fists?

The other problem I see here, is we have a bunch of men here. I'm getting a shotgun when I move, not for me, but for my significant other to protect herself. I don't care how badass you are, a 12 gauge is gonna make you change your mind.

God made all men free, Samuel Colt made all men equal.

Vist www.bohicagaming.com because we're better than you.
Apply|Contact|Forum
Old 2003-02-26, 02:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #74
OneManArmy
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Old 2003-02-26, 02:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #75
Lexington_Steele
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by OneManArmy
well then, I can proudly say I'm glad to live in the USA where I can defend myself however I see fit and not get screwed just for protecting me and my family.
Not if your firearm is not propperly registered.

I used to work with a guy who was recently relased on house arrest (complete with ankle bracelet). Three guys with weapons tried to jump him. He pulled out a gun and shot all three of them. He killed two and injured the third. He did not have a licence to carry the firearm. He was convicted of manslaughter.

If you don't follow the propper procedures you are going to catch major charges in the US. The court system does not joke around when it comes to illegal or impropper use of firearms.

If someone runs up in your house and you kill them with an unregistered firearm, you are going to jail, end of story.

Sit Back, Relax, and Enjoy the Action.
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge