Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Old 2003-03-01, 02:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
Led

http://users.ev1.net/~bajah/insanecleric/bushspeech.swf

Old 2003-03-02, 08:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #62
Derv
Staff Sergeant

Ok, then I guess I don't agree with the founding fathers .
Old 2003-03-02, 11:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #63
Sando138
Second Lieutenant

my favorite quote by any politician EVER:
"I invented the internet." - Al Gore, 2000 campaign
Old 2003-03-02, 11:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #64
Bighoss
General

I don't get why people don't understand that religion is simply a guide to help you be a good person through life. I'm not religous myself but if I was I think I would want to be a Hinduist there so COOL
Old 2003-03-02, 11:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #65
Confectrix
Sergeant Major

Well, I can only say I've been away for awhile. In that term I see that the same old arguments are being used in different formats.

Firstly, Vic, I want to thank you for refuting Derv's erroneous statements concerning the Consititution. Religion is very important. Without it, the world would be a terrible place. Think about that for a few minutes. No higher standard.

Seperation of church and state was meant to keep the state out of the church. Every politician is urged to use their total being (including religious beliefs) in governing. To ask them to do less would be terrible.

My main focus is on Derv.

Derv you state that President Bush has done nothing to help the economy. You are dead wrong. The president has brought about a multi-BILLION dollar tax cut plan which would help everyone...including you. He has refocused and in actuality "face-lifted" the SEC. His new treasury staff is top notch; and Greenspan is working closer than ever with the executive branch to ensure economic success. He is constantly trying to stimulate growth.

The United States of America as a member of the United Nations is bound to uphold and enforce all resolutions the group has collectivly passed. Security resolution 1441 as well as Gulf Treaty [which Huessain signed] directly state that Iraq is to comply with WMD protocals. Those protocals state that WMD are [were] to be eliminated from Iraq. After 1991, Iraq's weapons were cataloged by UN inspectors. To date, Saddam has NOT shown evidence for the destruction of those weapons. He has them. He's hiding them. If not, just show us the documents proving their destruction; or do so now. Iraq is then in material breach of both UN resoultions and Gulf Treaty [which stated he is not to prusue a WMD development program].

We are not doing a pre-emptive strike. We are upholding the resolutions of the UN security council. If we do not uphold such directives, the UN faces obsolesence.

Iraq must comply; or be crushed.

Moving on to Terrorism. No, it can't be stopped. It can be greatly hindered. This is what all governments of the world wish to do. Drive the terrorists from their safehavens and for them to act would promote greater risk to themselves as well as running the risk of their operation being thwarted. Nothing in life is certain. Terrorists included.

North Korea is next on the list of American diplomats. They too must comply with Nuclear treaty of face alienantion from the world. China will support the US or face the possiblility of a nuclear equipped Japan and/or Tawian. This they do not desire. As such, they will follow our lead. Actually, China [and Russia] has declared that any action taken by NK deemed to be hostile to the US without provocation will immedialty be dealt with via military action. China can't afford to lose us...yet.

BTW, our troops are well-versed and well prepared to deal with NBC weapons. The US troops have protective gear which will not only allow them to survive NBC attacks but to fight effectivly in such enviroments.

This war is up to Saddam. Comply or be forced to comply. We all hope for the former.

"Speech is the mirror of the soul; as a man speaks, so he is." -- Publilius Syrus
Old 2003-03-02, 01:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
Mtx
The Mensa Troll

Originally posted by Confectrix

BTW, our troops are well-versed and well prepared to deal with NBC weapons. The US troops have protective gear which will not only allow them to survive NBC attacks but to fight effectivly in such enviroments.
wrong

Old 2003-03-02, 01:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #67
Confectrix
Sergeant Major

MTX:

You must be joking right. I assume that since you provide no facts to your deafening "wrong" remark.

The US military has already vaccinated all sevicemen and women from Anthrax, smallpox and a host of other biological diseases. Those to hostile to be prevented by vaccination can be done so by protective suits, which has been provided.

These suits which also protect against chemical attacks are bulky nonetheless, however, they are more refined than in the past and since all military personnel are required to have many hours of training in those suits; it's good to say that the US is very well prepared for those types of attacks...if they come.

Gen. Myers has stressed time and time again that the threat of Saddam unleashing NBC weapons is substanstial [even still lower than you might consider a risk; remember his troops have to fight in this enviroment also], the actual general of his carrying out. that order is minimal.

While not as lethal in those suits, they do get the job done; effectivly.

I guess Mensa is taking just anybody these days.

"Speech is the mirror of the soul; as a man speaks, so he is." -- Publilius Syrus
Old 2003-03-02, 01:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #68
Hamma
PSU Admin

You obviously didnt watch 60 minutes 2 weeks ago

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-03-02, 01:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
Squeeky
Contributor
Teh Masturbator

Originally posted by Hamma
You obviously didnt watch 60 minutes 2 weeks ago
I used to watch 20/20 all the time, i loved that show
Old 2003-03-02, 02:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #70
Mtx
The Mensa Troll

MTX:

You must be joking right. I assume that since you provide no facts to your deafening "wrong" remark.

The US military has already vaccinated all sevicemen and women from Anthrax, smallpox and a host of other biological diseases. Those to hostile to be prevented by vaccination can be done so by protective suits, which has been provided.
All servicemen? Let me guess.. you think they get one shot and POOF you're vaccinated.. wrong

Anthrax is a series of shots taken over.. I believe it was 8 months. Not something that happens over night. FYI the protective suit you keep referring to is called MOPP4.

These suits which also protect against chemical attacks are bulky nonetheless, however, they are more refined than in the past and since all military personnel are required to have many hours of training in those suits; it's good to say that the US is very well prepared for those types of attacks...if they come.

Negative...

Takes about 13 minutes to put that baby on. Nerve gas would kill you within two minutes. Ofcourse you're not considering the fact that you're fighting in the desert either. It's about 103 degrees in that suit and adding the outside desert heat you have a great combination for... heatstroke.

Oh did I fail to mention you would have to take off your full battle rattle to put MOPP4 on? Not something you can instantly do.

Oh yeah.. I was in the Army.

Old 2003-03-02, 04:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #71
Confectrix
Sergeant Major

We've been vacinnating soldiers long before eight months which is the required time. I never gave any inclination that I thought one shot and "POOF" all done. Even tetnaus requires more than one shot.

Secondly, I'd hope that we'd have enough intelligence to allow us time to utilize those suits; MOPP4 as you say. If not, it'd be waste of money and manpower. I doubt military tacticians would agree with your assesment.

Desert heat would be a problem agreed.

We are debating this on a BIG if. Saddam is sharing this battlefield. I doubt he'd use weapons of this kind (as do many other people).

Lastly, I wish to thank you for serving our country and ensuring my freedoms are upheld. Don't take this the wrong way sir, but how long ago were you in the military?

Old 2003-03-02, 04:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #72
Mtx
The Mensa Troll

5 years? Before I met my wife.. that bitch.

Hey she's in the Army. She rammed her two month old Elantra into a tank a few days ago but that's a different story. (See soldiers are stupid. At least lower enlisted are.)

If we go to war with Saddam remember one thing. We are coming for him and he knows it. He'll have nothing to lose by using BC weapons against us... after all we are invading his country.

We're obviously going there for the oil. If we wanted him dead.. he would be dead.

Last edited by Mtx; 2003-03-02 at 05:00 PM.
Old 2003-03-02, 09:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #73
Lexington_Steele
Lieutenant Colonel

We've been vacinnating soldiers long before eight months which is the required time. I never gave any inclination that I thought one shot and "POOF" all done. Even tetnaus requires more than one shot.
Nope, all the soldiers that I know did not start getting anthrax vaccination until january of this year.

Sit Back, Relax, and Enjoy the Action.
Old 2003-03-02, 09:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #74
Navaron
Contributor
Major General

You know, I was scrolling down the general forums, and I saw that Lex was the last poster in the lounge - - - so I thought, cool, lex posted in that W thread, wonder what he has to say.

I was right. Funny ha ha.

Vist www.bohicagaming.com because we're better than you.
Apply|Contact|Forum
Old 2003-03-02, 09:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #75
Arshune
Captain

Oh, you know you love politics too, Nav...

-Our principal is SO hardcore.
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge