New Player Mentality - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I went to PSU and all I got was this lousy quote!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-07-22, 07:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
Steambot
Private

Re: New Player Mentality

I'd like to say that I, as an extremely new player (I haven't even played PS1) , still know what to do in PS2, roughly. I'm not an idiot who teamkills and has generally no idea what is going on. I've watched videos, I've studied the UI, and I believe I've gotten a pretty good handle on how it all works.

I've never played COD or BF3, and the FPS expriences I've had have included Halo, Killzone, TF2, and Warhawk.

I may be new, but I'm not a clueless asshole like the guy in the video.
Old 2012-07-22, 07:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
OnexBigxHebrew
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by vVRedOctoberVv View Post
Today's a real winner for quality threads.
Yep.
Old 2012-07-22, 07:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
Rivenshield
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Steambot View Post
I may be new, but I'm not a clueless asshole like the guy in the video.
LOL. We know. We just like to yell a lot.

The only potential hurdle is accustoming yourself to the idea that almost every single fight is going to be unequal -- tanks against a footzerg; a reinforced squad in a single room versus fifty PO'ed attackers. It's a major cultural shift for the vast body of FPS players, particularly the teens who have only played the ones released in the past few years.

PS vets eat and breathe this harsh 'unbalanced' reality and regard it as part of the fun. That's what sets us apart as a community, and if we seem overly touchy and loud about it at times, well... forgive us our small faults. Just keep your head screwed on and be yourself. Within a day you'll be up to speed. And within a week you'll be as loyal to the people dressed like you as we are. And you too will consider yourself a bit different.

You're in for a treat. I envy you that first day.
Old 2012-07-22, 07:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #64
Steambot
Private

Originally Posted by Rivenshield View Post
LOL. We know. We just like to yell a lot.

The only potential hurdle is accustoming yourself to the idea that almost every single fight is going to be unequal -- tanks against a footzerg; a reinforced squad in a single room versus fifty PO'ed attackers. It's a major cultural shift for the vast body of FPS players, particularly the teens who have only played the ones released in the past few years.

PS vets eat and breathe this harsh 'unbalanced' reality and regard it as part of the fun. That's what sets us apart as a community, and if we seem overly touchy and loud about it at times, well... forgive us our small faults. Just keep your head screwed on and be yourself. Within a day you'll be up to speed. And within a week you'll be as loyal to the people dressed like you as we are. And you too will consider yourself a bit different.

You're in for a treat. I envy you that first day.
Awesome. I love being outnumbered.

Looking forward to it!
Old 2012-07-22, 08:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
Rivenshield
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Steambot View Post
Awesome. I love being outnumbered.
Oh ho ho HO. Wait until you look out a window and actually see an entire courtyard of heavily armed enemies. Your gamer brain may be okay with it, but your monkey brain is going to start screaming and flinging poo and looking for somewhere to hide. It's mild physical fright. I'm not joking.

And then you look at the people around you -- and you know they aren't as many -- and instead of running through the doorway to improve their killstreak they're angling for a better shot, or healing each other, or /broadcasting warnings about what the bad guys are up to, or standing patiently at the top of the stairs against the inevitable moment when the enemy zerg comes bum-rushing up it.

And you know they're the only thing between the pissed-off superorganism in the CY and you. That's when the loyalty starts.

The TR has this sense of mutual teamwork most strongly, IMHO. But all the vets on this forum know what I'm talking about, even if sometimes they aren't super polite about it. We've all been there. And we think we know something other people don't. That's all.

Last edited by Rivenshield; 2012-07-22 at 08:19 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion