9th Aug Stream - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Like a jet engine duct taped to a moped.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-08-10, 02:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #61
Folly
Private

Re: 9th Aug Stream

Originally Posted by Higby View Post
I was in some huge fights yesterday, and a couple decent sized skirmishes today, but no giant battles. Maybe tomorrow on VS will be different.
I'm 99.9% sure that he just promised to invite more people before tomorrow so that we can give him bigger battles.
Old 2012-08-10, 02:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #62
Fylix
Private

Thanks jawsoflife!

Although you know you are being an enabler of our addiction right?
Old 2012-08-10, 02:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #63
Zeruel
Private

Originally Posted by Folly View Post
I'm 99.9% sure that he just promised to invite more people before tomorrow so that we can give him bigger battles.
Well, you are surely able to post a source for that as i cant find one on twitter or in this forum. All i know is that John Smedley said "Not this week for sure." https://twitter.com/j_smedley/status/233531363054215168
Old 2012-08-10, 02:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #64
Nemises
Sergeant

pretty big fights on the 8th Aug stream, why yuo complain!
Old 2012-08-10, 03:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #65
maddoggg
Sergeant

Hey jaws when can we expect the footage to be uploaded?
Thx in advance
Old 2012-08-10, 03:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #66
Firearms
Sergeant

Has Jaws got a faction? I need to know whether I should feel dirty for loving him....
Old 2012-08-10, 04:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #67
Ivam Akorahil
Sergeant

Originally Posted by jawsoflife View Post
fear not! My internet is chugging along as fast as it can, and 1080p livestream is arriving in t minus 3 hours
the wait is killing me :<
Old 2012-08-10, 04:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #68
Strech
Private

Originally Posted by JawsOfLife View Post
Fear not! My internet is chugging along as fast as it can, and 1080p livestream is arriving in t minus 3 hours
Soo? Is it up?
Old 2012-08-10, 04:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #69
Boomhowser
Corporal

from what I saw of it, last night's stream didnt show TR faction in good light as Higby couldnt do anything for majority part.. to many players created higby hunters then watched the stream to see where on the map he would be.

However seeing the various loadouts that he was using was informative and I look forward to the upload completing so I can take another look, since watching the feed at 2am meant Info really wasnt sinking into the old grey matter
Old 2012-08-10, 05:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #70
damijin
Private

Originally Posted by OnexBigxHebrew View Post
I really don't like the gameplay in higby's streams...

--

...I just wish higby would get into some of these multi-squad heated battles at capture points instead of jetpacking around shooting tanks with his machine gun.

That, or let me into the beta :P
I read this and immediately agreed, but then I remembered that Higby is a designer. As a designer, it would be very important for him to play the role of a lone wolf, mimicing the behavior of a new player who has NEVER seen or heard of Planetside before, who has no friends in the game, and has just downloaded it because it is free.

These players are the most crucial because they are the ones who will evolve into hardcore players IF that first experience is positive. It seems likely that Higby plays the way he does because he is trying to make sure that experience is exceptionally well crafted. Always gotta play like its your first time as a designer -- which gets really hard a few years into a project

EITHER THAT... or... he's fucking terribad at the game. Dude dies a *lot*.
Old 2012-08-10, 09:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #71
Ghostwing
Private

Originally Posted by damijin View Post
I read this and immediately agreed, but then I remembered that Higby is a designer. As a designer, it would be very important for him to play the role of a lone wolf, mimicing the behavior of a new player who has NEVER seen or heard of Planetside before, who has no friends in the game, and has just downloaded it because it is free.

These players are the most crucial because they are the ones who will evolve into hardcore players IF that first experience is positive. It seems likely that Higby plays the way he does because he is trying to make sure that experience is exceptionally well crafted. Always gotta play like its your first time as a designer -- which gets really hard a few years into a project

EITHER THAT... or... he's fucking terribad at the game. Dude dies a *lot*.
You are most likely right, but it would be nice if he showed a little of "the other way" of playing every now and then. Perhaps he could do an "advanced stream" once in a while?
But I'm afraid we'll have to wait for the NDA to lift to see some good tactical/srategic gameplay.

Originally Posted by randomjoe View Post
agreed too many glory hunters. Same as the night before i noticed him being sniped by a TR when the NC were fighting Vanu, thought it was an incomming 3 way......
Yup, Higby should cover his squad indicator, and play under an unknown name. That way he might actually be able to show us SOME normal gameplay before his new alias gets leaked.

P.S.: The part with all the planes flipping over on that bridge.... PRICELESS!!!

Last edited by Ghostwing; 2012-08-10 at 09:18 AM.
Old 2012-08-10, 09:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #72
JPalmer
Master Sergeant

It was hard to find good gameplay because TR had very low population. There were literally enemy tank columns every where. And a idiot on the TR did a certain glitch while in the Galaxy which killed all of us.
Old 2012-08-10, 10:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #73
Strech
Private

Still no stream recording online anywhere?
Old 2012-08-10, 10:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #74
LazyBonez
Private

Here is the only stream that was uploaded on the 9th that I could find but titled says its from the 8th....

If not the one sorry.... If it is then enjoy

EDIT: not the one my B

Last edited by LazyBonez; 2012-08-10 at 10:27 AM.
Old 2012-08-10, 10:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #75
MrBloodworth
Lieutenant Colonel

Not it.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion