SOE does not intend to listen to feedback. Time for another method? - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Watch out for those MLWA guys...they're just weird.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-01-27, 12:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #61
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: SOE does not intend to listen to feedback. Time for another method?

Originally Posted by AnamNantom View Post
No, the entire extent of my complaint is exactly what I said, sir. You avoided my question:

In what way does it make sense for warring factions to drop the fighting to run off and shoot each other in some gladiatorial sport while the war rages on elsewhere?

I also offered something that made sense. Outfits of the same faction practicing with each other. You did not comment on that as I had asked.
I didnt avoid your question - I said the whole premise of your question(and comments) isnt valid.

It doesnt matter if you or I think it makes sense as to what other people want to do when gaming. Its game and as long as nothing they do effects you(except by their absence) then you have no bright to complain.

You are not important enough to be able to dictate what other people should be allowed to do.
Get over yourself ego boy.
Old 2013-01-27, 12:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #62
Merzun
Corporal

What about: Intelligence has found out that faction x plans y at base z. We only have a minimal timeframe to assemble a task force and ferry it over to the facility.

And then maybe the winning empire outfit gains some small bonusses for their empire.

It's not that hard to imagine why there is only one outfit or maybe outfit alliance present.
Old 2013-01-27, 01:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #63
KyadCK
Private

No, the entire extent of my complaint is exactly what I said, sir. You avoided my question:

In what way does it make sense for warring factions to drop the fighting to run off and shoot each other in some gladiatorial sport while the war rages on elsewhere?

I also offered something that made sense. Outfits of the same faction practicing with each other. You did not comment on that as I had asked.
The part where it is a game.

Seriously though, you're opposed to them adding something that would be fun for some people that effects you in no way at all because it hurts the story even though it plays no part in the struggle of Auraxis at all. Do you have any idea how entitled and whiny you sound?

If this changed how the game is played, or if it invalidated the story, I would see a point in complaining. But it doesn't, it's just a side thing people can do now and then that has nothing at all to do with the war. It is a game, and it does not effect you. You will get over it, and you're welcome to find some other game that is "pure" enough for your tastes if you won't.
Old 2013-01-27, 01:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #64
AnamNantom
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Ghoest9 View Post
I didnt avoid your question - I said the whole premise of your question(and comments) isnt valid.

It doesnt matter if you or I think it makes sense as to what other people want to do when gaming. Its game and as long as nothing they do effects you(except by their absence) then you have no bright to complain.

You are not important enough to be able to dictate what other people should be allowed to do.
Get over yourself ego boy.
In what way does it make sense for warring factions to drop the fighting to run off and shoot each other in some gladiatorial sport while the war rages on elsewhere? <-- That question, that you yet again ignored.

Your attempts at insulting me, are par for the course with someone trying to "troll". I could go make fun of your spelling mistakes and insult everything from your neckbeard to your mother, but that's not very productive. Just like this conversation.

I do hope you enjoy the anti-social status you've earned while also being ignored.
Old 2013-01-27, 01:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #65
AnamNantom
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Merzun View Post
What about: Intelligence has found out that faction x plans y at base z. We only have a minimal timeframe to assemble a task force and ferry it over to the facility.

And then maybe the winning empire outfit gains some small bonusses for their empire.

It's not that hard to imagine why there is only one outfit or maybe outfit alliance present.
Yeah, fine, the mission system they are coming out with would fit with that... but they just need to not have it on an instance as it's very artificial then. From what I can tell it's "matches" where certain members of outfits will spar, as they said, in an instance.

With all the talks of having seamless gameplay, of eventually making the continents seamlessly connected, this totally goes against that.
Old 2013-01-27, 02:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #66
Sunrock
Major

The thing is that Planetside is played a allot like go but now they want to turn it into chess with e-sports witch is a totally different game. If I wanted to play "chess" I would go and play some other game.

I like e-sports in general, so I have nothing against that per say. But I don't play Planetside to get that experience. Planetside provides me with an other experience, an experience no other game can give me. But what I don't like at all is when a game have one play style and then change it totally just to try to comendate some theoretical new costumers on the experience of there old fans.
Old 2013-01-27, 02:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #67
AnamNantom
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by KyadCK View Post
The part where it is a game.

Seriously though, you're opposed to them adding something that would be fun for some people that effects you in no way at all because it hurts the story even though it plays no part in the struggle of Auraxis at all. Do you have any idea how entitled and whiny you sound?

If this changed how the game is played, or if it invalidated the story, I would see a point in complaining. But it doesn't, it's just a side thing people can do now and then that has nothing at all to do with the war. It is a game, and it does not effect you. You will get over it, and you're welcome to find some other game that is "pure" enough for your tastes if you won't.
As you said, it plays no part in the struggle of Auraxis. So, what's it doing in Planetside 2? It fully effects the game and how it's played. People will only be playing the normal Planetside 2 in order for the chance to be a part of "the game", this "side thing" you are calling it.

Your comment about sounding whiny and entitled, has it occurred to you that this is a forum and by definition, it's a place to gather to debate and discuss ideas and issues? You know, like the Greeks and Romans?

For you to attack my delivery, to attack me, has no place in debating the message, the content of what I'm saying. You also have no place to "welcome me" to find another game. It's obvious the vast majority do not like the MLG idea as it has been presented. Key words, stay with me, the last guy didn't pay close attention to my words... as it has been presented.

The solution, and I'll keep saying this, is to make it an inter-faction outfit fight and make is so you are not killing, but merely using some sort of non lethal "laser-tag" weapons. You can have all of the ladder matches you want because it is, after all, a side thing, a game.
Old 2013-01-27, 02:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #68
Merzun
Corporal

Yeah, fine, the mission system they are coming out with would fit with that... but they just need to not have it on an instance as it's very artificial then. From what I can tell it's "matches" where certain members of outfits will spar, as they said, in an instance.

With all the talks of having seamless gameplay, of eventually making the continents seamlessly connected, this totally goes against that.
But we already have instances of some kind called continents. Even with the seamless approach we only can fit 666 people per empire on a continent. These new smaller maps would just be like that with the restriction of less people and only the people you want there/send there. This could already be done in PS1 if a big outfit wants to only have their troops present they would start a new battle on a continent and poplock it themselves. Also if i remember correctly the battle islands and caverns both had a smaller poplock than the usual continents.

And as I said you can easily tie the stuff in with normal battles via benefits you can gain for your empire in the tournaments.

They could even restrict the ressources both teams have by how well all other empire soldiers do on the battlefield though this would go against against having the same prerequisite for everyone in the tournament.
Old 2013-01-27, 02:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #69
Revanmug
Sergeant

Is this a new game? No, it's Planetside. It's Massive. It's Global. It's a War simulator. One question: In what way does it make sense for warring factions to drop the fighting to run off and shoot each other in some gladiatorial sport while the war rages on elsewhere?

Instances. I hate that in a sandbox (open world game). Yet, I'd be ok if they did instances for outfits of the same faction to fight each other for a sort of practice/sport using non-lethal guns.

What do you think of this?
Just putting this because of this "sandbox" excuse being thrown out. There is absolutly nothing... NOTHING that link open world and sandbox.

A sandbox game can be a SP, can be a MP, can be instance or not. All sandbox mean is that you are "more" free to do what you want, when you want.

If SOE hold to theirs words and use a specific competition server only for events which will be rarer, being against that is actually removing a sandbox element which is, in this case, the possibility of competition. It completly remove the possiblity to show what an outfit can do when facing another opponent of the same force WHICH you'll never see ingame and you should know that. It's call pride in your outfit.

You might love to RP and "immerse" yourself in the game but not everyone does. For many, fps could be resume at : shoot dude not my color and, hopefully, do the objectives. In other words, don't shove what you like in others people throat.

Last edited by Revanmug; 2013-01-27 at 02:44 AM.
Old 2013-01-27, 03:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #70
Chewy
Major

AnamNantom-

Read this.
http://flickeringpictures.com/2008/0...-soccer-match/

That's the story of a soccer match in 1914 on Christmas day. In case your history is rusty, that's during WW1. During the total shit that was World War 1, on Christmas day both the British and Germans risked lives to have peace for that day. They ate together, chatted, shared gifts, traded souvenirs, helped bury each others dead, and even play a few games together not a day after both sides where shooting and killing each other.

War is fucking hell and somehow that happened. In one of the WORST wars the world has seen, people found a way to stop fighting even if it was for just a day or 2.

In PS2s death is near meaningless, even in its lore thanks to respawn tech. Why would they not find ways to get away from the constant killing and pains? Having to kill other people in war ruins ones mind enough as is. What the fuck do you think having to die a thousand deaths is like? The troops in this war not only have to deal with killing a never ending stream of men. They remember ALL of their deaths AND the pain from each and every one. If there wasn't a relief from it then you don't want to be around to see the "winners" when it's all over.

Sometimes the killing has to stop and have fun. Or you're going to be a husk of a human that has an undeniable need for the blood.

With all of the said, I have to say that Im not a fan of the MLG thing. But it in no way goes against PS2s lore. In fact the lore supports it to a point. Morale, what better way to keep it up than to kick another factions ass in a "friendly" competition when death isn't a factor? Take it as one getting called out for his shit talk and now has to prove those words.

Last edited by Chewy; 2013-01-27 at 03:38 AM.
Old 2013-01-27, 06:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #71
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by p0intman View Post
it is my personal opinion that MLG is the cancer of gaming. just, y'know, my two cents, not that i havent given it before.

And nobody gives a damn what you think. Why? Because its just random rabble from a madman without a clue.
Old 2013-01-27, 06:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #72
psijaka
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Sunrock View Post
The thing is that Planetside is played a allot like go but now they want to turn it into chess with e-sports witch is a totally different game. If I wanted to play "chess" I would go and play some other game.
Agreed - This is how I feel about the game, especially when I see the Indar Hex system.

Old 2013-01-27, 07:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #73
Crator
Major General

One thing I do agree with being said, whatever system is put in place for e-sports should probably be integrated with the existing global conquest system.

There was talk about outfit owned bases as well as e-sports. Perhaps they are thinking about the tournaments in that aspect. So for instance there are small continents that are linked to the main continents. These are specifically used for outfit tournaments and the winner affects the warpgate links in some kind of way. So basically gives the players a way to control that aspect of the game.
Old 2013-01-27, 07:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #74
AnamNantom
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
AnamNantom-

Read this.
http://flickeringpictures.com/2008/0...-soccer-match/

That's the story of a soccer match in 1914 on Christmas day. In case your history is rusty, that's during WW1. During the total shit that was World War 1, on Christmas day both the British and Germans risked lives to have peace for that day. They ate together, chatted, shared gifts, traded souvenirs, helped bury each others dead, and even play a few games together not a day after both sides where shooting and killing each other.

War is fucking hell and somehow that happened. In one of the WORST wars the world has seen, people found a way to stop fighting even if it was for just a day or 2.

In PS2s death is near meaningless, even in its lore thanks to respawn tech. Why would they not find ways to get away from the constant killing and pains? Having to kill other people in war ruins ones mind enough as is. What the fuck do you think having to die a thousand deaths is like? The troops in this war not only have to deal with killing a never ending stream of men. They remember ALL of their deaths AND the pain from each and every one. If there wasn't a relief from it then you don't want to be around to see the "winners" when it's all over.

Sometimes the killing has to stop and have fun. Or you're going to be a husk of a human that has an undeniable need for the blood.

With all of the said, I have to say that Im not a fan of the MLG thing. But it in no way goes against PS2s lore. In fact the lore supports it to a point. Morale, what better way to keep it up than to kick another factions ass in a "friendly" competition when death isn't a factor? Take it as one getting called out for his shit talk and now has to prove those words.

There you go That's what I was looking for. Someone to actually address why I had a problem with it. It would be an odd thing for sure.

So, shall I see you NC and TR on Christmas?
Old 2013-01-27, 07:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #75
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I don't have a lot of faith in SOE and sofar PS2 hasn't really done anything to revitalize it. This Roadmap thing could have done it though, but as usual, SOE doesn't really care what we think unless we already agree on something.

Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion