News: Resolved - PS2 Region - Page 55 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: May cause birth defects!!!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-02-24, 08:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #811
Boomzor
Staff Sergeant

Re: PlanetSide 2 Will Be Region Locked (WTF Sony)

Fairly far down the list of priorities, but still.

I want the ability to start a halibut invasion across the pond when Werner (or its successor) is down for whatever reason.

Creative stuff like that will never happen with region lock.
Old 2012-02-24, 08:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #812
Shogun
Contributor
General

by the way...

for those who like to show soe how many of us dislike the whole pro7 idea...

there is a petition going on:
http://www.change.org/petitions/sony...e-partnership#

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2012-02-24, 08:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #813
Mirror
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
by the way...

for those who like to show soe how many of us dislike the whole pro7 idea...

there is a petition going on:
http://www.change.org/petitions/sony...e-partnership#
signed.

http://www.deltatriad.com
Old 2012-02-24, 08:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #814
ItsTheSheppy
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by IDukeNukeml View Post
I signed it.. and the woman who created it needs some damn diet slim fast...
Wow, that was mean for no reason.

Also, signed, for all the good these online petitions do. Just to crank up the volume a bit, I guess.

Last edited by ItsTheSheppy; 2012-02-24 at 08:40 AM.
Old 2012-02-24, 08:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #815
Corax
Sergeant

signed it as well
Old 2012-02-24, 08:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #816
Vash02
Major

I'm thinking they will let us access all servers and just redirect european players to the Pro7 shop (thats where all the revenue is) and re-direct european support tickets to Pro7 aswell.

Since SOE is still managing all the servers it shouldnt be hard to implement.
Old 2012-02-24, 08:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #817
Masahiko
Private

Going to support eurobros on wanting no region lock. Would be more fun with more people, bigger battles, and just large war 24/7 as one region goes to sleep the next wakes up and continues the world domination.
Old 2012-02-24, 09:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #818
I SandRock
Sergeant Major

I think the whole community segregation debate is overshadowing the fact that EU will probably be left with a company that has poor community / customer service support, poor patching and maintenance, poor account services, poor everything. Nothing makes me think they're any better than GOA back in the day, or GamersFirst currently, in fact I get a worse vibe with these guys.
Likely we will see a delayed release in EU, delayed and shorter beta access, no EU consideration for PS1 veterans, delayed patches, and if they are left in charge of the RMT store for EU, Pay2Win items with no balance.

/doom&gloom
Old 2012-02-24, 10:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #819
Fenrys
Major

Originally Posted by I SandRock View Post
I think the whole community segregation debate is overshadowing the fact that EU will probably be left with a company that has poor community / customer service support
I'd change the word "probably" to "might". It's a risk and it's understandably scary, but it also has the potential to cut the other way. SOE has a terrible track record for dealing with hackers and cheaters in PS1. If Pro7 does it better, which would not take too much effort given the current low standard, it might be that we'll all have incentives to move to the EU servers. The competition may work in our favor (assuming the deal on the table enables competition for players between SOE and Pro7).

Also, they're hiring more customer support people right now. An army of 16 year old's with IRC, getting paid by the number of support tickets dealt with in their spare time, should be able to ban hackers with the quickness.

Last edited by Fenrys; 2012-02-24 at 10:09 AM.
Old 2012-02-24, 10:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #820
Gandhi
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Fenrys View Post
An army of 16 year old's with IRC, getting paid by the number of support tickets dealt with in their spare time
Oh god, the horror...
Old 2012-02-24, 10:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #821
Shogun
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Fenrys View Post

Also, they're hiring more customer support people right now. An army of 16 year old's with IRC, getting paid by the number of support tickets dealt with in their spare time, should be able to ban hackers with the quickness.
holy shit, this was NO joke?

but what bothers me most is, that soe and pro7 didn´t comment on our other concerns!
the fact, that they ONLY hook up on the "we want to play all together" thing and completely ignore the other concerns we have must mean that we are right and they will totally screw up. like "let´s comment on the serverlock only, because that´s the only thing we could change. maybe they will forget about the other crap we do"

so we will keep asking until we get answers:

will eu get the same beta access as usa?
will we all get the same game or will pro7 be able to change paymodels,patches and shopitems?
will everyone with a ps1 account get the option to use the soe account that already has our data, or are we going to be forced to give our info to another insecure company in addition to soe who already got hacked and fortified their servers?

so everyone ask these questions again and again... i have read them a hundret times in this thread alone... so why is there no coverage in the FAQ? you know what FAQ stands for, soe?

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2012-02-24, 12:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #822
RobUK
Corporal

What a rollercoaster PlanetSide 2 has proven to be so far. From a personal perspective I've gone from being extremely skeptical about how PS2 would turn out, due to free to play, cash shop and too many apparent nods to the CoD crowd, to warming to the game and becoming caught up in the marvelously infectious enthusiasm for this game generated by Matt Higby and his colleagues.

This business of region locks and people being shifted over to PSS1 has left me deeply troubled. I find it hard to imagine that SOE at least could not have seen this uproar coming. Are they really so utterly out of touch with their games and the people that play them? How can a company that relies so heavily on having a good relationship with its customers appear to be so seemingly oblivious to their basic needs? It's so very obvious that their games are multi-cultural and that they're all the better for it. All successful MMO's are built around a strong community.

As a resident of the UK that has played PlanetSide for 8+ years, primarily on Emerald/Gemini, I am left feeling extremely uncomfortable and more than a little betrayed by this entire episode. I'm glad that there appears to be the real possibility that I may yet still get to play with my friends from around the world in PS2.

Even so, you people at SOE (and PSS1) have got a lot of ground to make up to win my trust and respect back again. The shame of all this is that you simply didn't need to lose the trust and respect that you built up over that eight year period in the first place.

What were you people thinking? I'm still bemused that you even considered doing this in the first place.

Last edited by RobUK; 2012-02-24 at 12:03 PM.
Old 2012-02-24, 12:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #823
Crator
Major General

Honestly, I'm just curious about the "why" they wanted/needed to do it. That really hasn't been said yet.
Old 2012-02-24, 12:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #824
Vash02
Major

Originally Posted by Crator View Post
Honestly, I'm just curious about the "why" they wanted/needed to do it. That really hasn't been said yet.
Probably because SOE/Pro7 didnt want the other benefiting from their efforts.
Old 2012-02-24, 12:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #825
Crator
Major General

Yeah, I know about all the speculation. It would be cool for SOE to actually tell us though. Then we wouldn't have to rage speculate!
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion