Planetside 2 Information Thread v2.0 - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Your mum's new boyfriend.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions

Old 2012-05-17, 12:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #76
Noivad
Master Sergeant

Re: Planetside 2 Information Thread v2.0

Snipers can one shot, Balistics, wind, breathing, Range all factors. Snipers not full cloak.
Bases are capture an hold over time - driving out the enemy from a section of the base. No hacking mentioned.

"There is NO "I" in Teamwork"

DOG SLOGAN - "It's not the size of the DOG in a fight, it's the size of the fight in the DOG"

DOG BATTLE CRY - " Cry 'Havoc,' and Let Slip The DOG's OF War. "

And Hamma I see the VS and the NC have infiltrated your board. So the TR will have to kill them all and make them the yellow bastards they are
Old 2012-05-17, 06:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #77
Purple
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Noivad View Post
Snipers can one shot, Balistics, wind, breathing, Range all factors. Snipers not full cloak.
Bases are capture an hold over time - driving out the enemy from a section of the base. No hacking mentioned.
where did you get that info. snipers can not one shot.
Old 2012-05-17, 06:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #78
NCLynx
Major

Originally Posted by Purple View Post
where did you get that info. snipers can not one shot.
They CAN, is it a 100% chance to one shot with every shot? No.

Headshot? I'm pretty sure that's been confirmed.

SuperTroopers is recruiting for PS2!
Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Really? You need to take a few steps back and think before posting drivel like this. Either reply constructively or don't reply.
Old 2012-05-17, 07:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #79
Toppopia
Major

Since there is no inventory system, will we beable to resupply off dead enemies? Since i liked in MW3 if i was going awesome i would have to steal an enemies weapon so i could continue, same for BF3, but from what i can tell we can only get new ammo from a light assault ammo box. Or can we grab dead enemies guns or if we are the same class do we get ammo from them or no apparent reason?
Old 2012-05-18, 11:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #80
Purple
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by NCLynx View Post
They CAN, is it a 100% chance to one shot with every shot? No.

Headshot? I'm pretty sure that's been confirmed.
yes you can headshot but it is not a one shot kill. the devs know that no one likes one shot snipers besides the guys playing them. it taakes real skill to hit someone twice to bring them down.
Old 2012-05-18, 09:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #81
Unforgiven
Corporal

ya, i mean come on, have you ever been shot in the head? i bet you would just dust yourself off and run behind somthing.

i wish i could one shot headshot, but i understand the reasons why we cant, and i accept them. :/
Old 2012-05-19, 01:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #82
Purple
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post
ya, i mean come on, have you ever been shot in the head? i bet you would just dust yourself off and run behind somthing.

i wish i could one shot headshot, but i understand the reasons why we cant, and i accept them. :/
Dont forget everyone is wearing a helmet! and you can always pick off the ones that are damaged, a simple way to find them is to find a medic!
Old 2012-05-19, 01:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #83
Toppopia
Major

Dont forget everyone is wearing a helmet! and you can always pick off the ones that are damaged, a simple way to find them is to find a medic!
Umm... helmets arn't made for stopping bullets... they were there mostly for shrapnel and grazing shots, if i shot you directly in the head with my gun, it will either go through and kill you, or the force of the bullet hitting you will break your neck. So unless you have a really thick bullet proof helmet that absorbs 90% of the impact force, then a helmet is only useful against shrapnel.
Old 2012-05-19, 09:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #84
IMMentat
Contributor
First Sergeant

any chance on a separate thread/link for all the interviews?
http://www.planetside-universe.com/n...higby-2710.htm

never even knew about this post until 20 mins ago, its a decent statement of intent.
Old 2012-05-19, 10:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #85
Purple
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Toppopia View Post
Umm... helmets arn't made for stopping bullets... they were there mostly for shrapnel and grazing shots, if i shot you directly in the head with my gun, it will either go through and kill you, or the force of the bullet hitting you will break your neck. So unless you have a really thick bullet proof helmet that absorbs 90% of the impact force, then a helmet is only useful against shrapnel.
But its the future! its amazing what nanites can do
Old 2012-05-19, 03:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #86
Toppopia
Major

But its the future! its amazing what nanites can do
I wonder, if i get an EMP and use it. Do i kill everyone because we are all made of nanites and so we would die? Or is only our equipment and armor nanites? Because i wouldn't want to see naked soldiers running around everywhere, it would be funny though.
Old 2012-05-19, 05:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #87
Purple
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Toppopia View Post
I wonder, if i get an EMP and use it. Do i kill everyone because we are all made of nanites and so we would die? Or is only our equipment and armor nanites? Because i wouldn't want to see naked soldiers running around everywhere, it would be funny though.
i think the naites make the items. everything is not made up of nanites like in sifi movies and shows. so after the nanites make the item they stay at the tube or V-pad.

Also T-ray just tweeted this about sniping. -I believe that would be one to take the shield down and 1 to kill

sry i dont know how to properly link twitter.
Old 2012-05-21, 11:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #88
VelRa
Sergeant

Not sure if this has been posted but T-Ray confirmed that headlights can be turned off. Niiight fighting!

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...st_ps2/c4py4jf
Old 2012-05-23, 02:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #89
Gullin
Private

I am just excited for an epic battle again!
Old 2012-05-23, 09:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #90
Serpent
Staff Sergeant

Imagine ATVs cloaking with headlights off, rushing in while Tanks and MAXs rush in to the front door

Lol I'm stopping now before I get carried away.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions