View Poll Results: Do you smoke?
Yes, i do. 11 13.58%
No, i do not. 70 86.42%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-09-13, 10:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #76
Kyonye
Contributor
General

i can't take cigarettes.....grandfather died of it before my time, and i watched my grandmother die from it. i will never smoke cigs. my only problem is that 70% of the students at my college do it so i'm constantly inhaling it, unfortunately. i don't mind Cigars, i know they aren't healthy either but they are no where near as bad as cigarettes are. my favorite cigars is havana dreams cognac, and i also love st. louis rays, ashtons (all of them), and acids...if you are a cigar lover, you mus try an acid (any one, doesn't matter).

<Smaug> omg kyonye is hot
Old 2004-09-13, 10:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #77
Kyonye
Contributor
General

new york has also banned any form of smoking in public places.

<Smaug> omg kyonye is hot
Old 2004-09-13, 11:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #78
Sputty
Banned

I smoke man pole, not cigarettes
Old 2004-09-13, 12:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #79
Triggar
Contributor

Found this article this morning

[NSFS] (Not Safe for Sputty)

London - Dogs living with smokers have a higher incidence of serious conditions such as asthma, nasal and sinus cancer and lung cancer than those who have non-smoking owners, a pet insurer in Britain says.

Research carried out in the United States also shows that cats living in smoking households are twice as likely to develop certain forms of cancer, including lymphoma, Asda Pet Insurance said.

"Many people don't realise that passive smoking can have a very harmful impact on pets in the home, with knock-on implications for vet bills," Gev Lynott, director of financial services at Asda, said.

The effects of passive smoking are greater on young animals because their lungs are smaller, their immune systems are less well-developed and they breathe faster, the insurer quoted veterinarians as saying.
Old 2004-09-13, 12:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #80
Manitou
Contributor
Old War Horse

The only thing I smoke are my tires.

Manitou
"
On the plains of hesitation lie the bones of countless millions who, upon the dawn of victory, sat down to rest and resting, died."
<))><
Old 2004-09-13, 12:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #81
Triggar
Contributor

Troublemaker!
Old 2004-09-13, 03:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #82
firecrackerNC
Colonel

Originally Posted by Kyonye
i can't take cigarettes.....grandfather died of it before my time, and i watched my grandmother die from it. i will never smoke cigs. my only problem is that 70% of the students at my college do it so i'm constantly inhaling it, unfortunately. i don't mind Cigars, i know they aren't healthy either but they are no where near as bad as cigarettes are. my favorite cigars is havana dreams cognac, and i also love st. louis rays, ashtons (all of them), and acids...if you are a cigar lover, you mus try an acid (any one, doesn't matter).
Hell yeah Acid and Havana dreams cognac rock. Havent had the others but man these two rock. I also like Pirates gold, Fire and Dirt.
Old 2004-09-13, 03:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #83
martyr
Contributor
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Manitou
The only thing I smoke are my tires.
i smoke the bad guys.

actually, just a processor here and there.
Old 2004-09-13, 11:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #84
StrangeFellow
First Sergeant

Misc Info

cigaretts suck, I hatem'. I can't say much about cigars or pipes on the other hand

System Specs:
Asus P4C800-E Deluxe
Intel Pentium 4 "C" [email protected]
1024MB PC3200 Corsair Value-Ram
ATI Radeon 9800pro @ xt
Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS
Samsung 160GB SATA holding games'n'stuff
Western Digital 160 ATA100 holding windows and important stuff
Old 2004-09-14, 12:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #85
Derfud
Brigadier General

Misc Info

I smoke oregano, someitmes basil.
Old 2004-09-14, 12:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #86
BUGGER
Major General

Misc Info

I smoked pot once a year ago because of peer pressure and got into alot of trouble. I dont want to go through that again.

Thank god i'm a picky eater/taster.

http://mrchevys3.blogspot.com/

Living is easy with eyes closed.
Old 2004-09-14, 01:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #87
_-Gunslinger-_
First Sergeant

Pot for teh win!! Cigaretts are bad but unless you are taking every concerted effort to keep yourself healthy stfu. I had some guy tell me to put my ciggarett out (when I smoked) while he gobbled down 2 big macs and fries. If your not exercising and eating semi-correctly then why should I care about your health. Athsma is different though, medical condition trumps my right to smoke.

On the note of cigaretts causing cancer never been "proven" just strongly suggested. Smokers on average have a unhealthier life, they tend to eat less or eat worse. Also they work out less.

Anyone have a link to a case of a person suing the tobacco companies because of addiction? What about after '64? Last I checked there have only been a handful that won in the 90's on the grounds that they didnt know they would get addicted. I know that nowadays you can sue for that, and hope to win.
Old 2004-09-14, 09:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #88
Gigabein
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by _-Gunslinger-_
Pot for teh win!! Cigaretts are bad but unless you are taking every concerted effort to keep yourself healthy stfu. I had some guy tell me to put my ciggarett out (when I smoked) while he gobbled down 2 big macs and fries. If your not exercising and eating semi-correctly then why should I care about your health.
Would you like it if grease shot into your mouth from his Big Mac every time he took a bite? That's about how I view secondhand smoke. The difference is you harm your body AND his by smoking; he only hurts himself with the unhealthy food.

Athsma is different though, medical condition trumps my right to smoke.
Good man!
Old 2004-09-14, 09:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #89
planethogger
Private

i smoke but i have a good reason as i am in the army and serving out in iraq for another tour of duty (cpl.o.summers british army-royal hussars tanks) and belive me when i say the reason quite a few army/navy/airforce guys smoke is the fact tht when your under fire stressed out and down in the dumps a *** can help you out and calm you down i only smoked half-way through my first tour when my tank came under fire and a round impacted off my hatch and grazed my ear ( i was turned out at the time) when we were goin down a road.THAT AND ONLY that made me start smoking i was shaking for about 3 hours and chain smoking now i am not hooked as such and sometimes go with half a *** every 3 days ,and im still very fit.

thats just my reason and not every smoker is a bad evil nazi person.

remember tht please.

plannet
Old 2004-09-14, 10:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #90
Dharkbayne
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by planethogger
i smoke but i have a good reason as i am in the army and serving out in iraq for another tour of duty (cpl.o.summers british army-royal hussars tanks) and belive me when i say the reason quite a few army/navy/airforce guys smoke is the fact tht when your under fire stressed out and down in the dumps a *** can help you out and calm you down i only smoked half-way through my first tour when my tank came under fire and a round impacted off my hatch and grazed my ear ( i was turned out at the time) when we were goin down a road.THAT AND ONLY that made me start smoking i was shaking for about 3 hours and chain smoking now i am not hooked as such and sometimes go with half a *** every 3 days ,and im still very fit.

thats just my reason and not every smoker is a bad evil nazi person.

remember tht please.

plannet

Don't get shot/stabbed/blown up.

Where are you stationed, if you mind my asking?

+200 Cool Pts
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge