Don't dumb down PS2 - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Damn, I need a cert terminal in my house.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-07, 07:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #76
OnexBigxHebrew
Sergeant Major

Re: Don't dumb down PS2

Originally Posted by TheSaltySeagull View Post
That was made obvious when he started touting that anybody who post on here cant like any other "modern" game else we would be playing it and not posting here.
Yup!
Old 2012-07-07, 07:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #77
TheSaltySeagull
Sergeant

Originally Posted by ChookWantan View Post
Now I'm on the ignore list too lolol
I was still first so ha!
Old 2012-07-07, 07:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #78
ChookWantan
Corporal

I was still first so ha!
Pretty soon he won't be able to see any of the people posting on his own thread...

Actually, I hope that happens.
Old 2012-07-07, 08:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #79
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by Buggsy View Post
*shakes head*

If you enjoy modern FPS so much, why aren't you playing one right now? 2 new ones are already out. COD and BF3. Did you like them?
Actually yes i like BF3 gameplay and i play it

Also BF3 flaws are in comunication tools , No leaders tchat chanel or broadcasting , 3d spotting is anoying , confusing Compass on the Minimap , hit registering and netcode isnt perfect at all sometime its anoying and inconsistant but still better than a lots of games , Ghost hitmarkers anoying , kinda lag compensation as been ad within the last patches and i dont like it !

But the way you talk this let me think you have absolutly NO experience and Probably NO SKILLS in Modern FPS thats why you keep talking about crap like this Ps1 was far to have AMASING gunplay and gameplay mechanics even for a 2003 game

2dspotting is good , Also guns mechanics and caracter moovement are good , the balistic is now better than it was at launch , graphics are stunning , vehicules controles are the best , sounds are awesome and no games have ever reach this level , You have Huges numbers of guns with B2K and CQ expansion each guns feel unique and are fully custumisable , etc..etc..etc..

So if you say BF3 is a poor and dumb down shooter in terms of GAMEPLAY MECHANICS i have to say your dead wrong !

BF3 to me is only dumb down on ones level = NO MORE LEADER , No more motar baterie that can be repair

But overall despite the flaws battlefield 3 in terms of gameplay and gunsplay is far superior to any others shooters out there !

If you dont like modern shooters its because your to lazy to learn to deal with new mechanics and chalenge
Old 2012-07-07, 08:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #80
Buggsy
Sergeant Major

List of military tactics

Force concentration Nonexistant with OS

Force protection Nonexistant with OS

Deception Nonexistant with infantry spawning infantry

Fortification I can't imagine minefields or spitfires being effective in a dumbed down COD/BF3 type of game

Reconnaissance Nonexistant with infantry spawning infantry

Infiltration tactics Everybody is an infiltrator with infantry spawning infantry

Encirclement Nonexistant with infantry spawning infantry and galaxy spawning

Flanking maneuver Nonexistant with infantry spawning infantry and galaxy spawning

Indirect Fire Support No flails

Armoured spearhead Spearhead what? Infantry spawn points fly now, the AMS is the galaxy now.

Raiding Since there is no frontline because of the new spawn system, then there is also no such thing as "behind enemy lines".

Frontal assault The only thing that's left.

Frontal assault 24/7
Old 2012-07-07, 08:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #81
TheSaltySeagull
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Stew View Post

Also BF3 flaws are in comunication tools , No leaders tchat chanel or broadcasting , 3d spotting is anoying , confusing Compass on the Minimap , hit registering and netcode isnt perfect at all sometime its anoying and inconsistant but still better than a lots of games , Ghost hitmarkers anoying , kinda lag compensation as been ad within the last patches and i dont like it !

But the way you talk this let me think you have absolutly NO experience and Probably NO SKILLS in Modern FPS thats why you keep talking about crap like this Ps1 was far to have AMASING gunplay and gameplay mechanics even for a 2003 game

2dspotting is good , Also guns mechanics and caracter moovement are good , the balistic is now better than it was at launch , graphics are stunning , vehicules controles are the best , sounds are awesome and no games have ever reach this level , You have Huges numbers of guns with B2K and CQ expansion each guns feel unique and are fully custumisable , etc..etc..etc..

So if you say BF3 is a poor and dumb down shooter in terms of GAMEPLAY MECHANICS i have to say your dead wrong !

BF3 to me is only dumb down on ones level = NO MORE LEADER , No more motar baterie that can be repair

But overall despite the flaws battlefield 3 in terms of gameplay and gunsplay is far superior to any others shooters out there !

If you dont like modern shooters its because your to lazy to learn to deal with new mechanics and chalenge
Stew my boy have you not been paying attention? OBVIOUSLY we all HATE other modern shooters otherwise we would spend every waking moment playing it and not be on PSU am I right?!
Old 2012-07-07, 08:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #82
Buggsy
Sergeant Major

So I'm too lazy to learn new mechanics huh? BF3 is no different than BF2. And BF1942 was actually better than BF2, hey you could actually drive battleships/subarines/aircraft carriers.

Actually the "modern shooter" is just more graphics fluff piled on top of older shooters, they haven't improved on what should be important: Tactics, Strategy, Depth.
Old 2012-07-07, 08:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #83
Stardouser
Colonel

Infiltration tactics Everybody is an infiltrator with infantry spawning infantry

Flanking maneuver Nonexistant with infantry spawning infantry and galaxy spawning

Armoured spearhead Spearhead what? Infantry spawn points fly now, the AMS is the galaxy now.

Raiding Since there is no frontline because of the new spawn system, then there is also no such thing as "behind enemy lines".
Squad spawning hasn't even been tested yet. You, as well as all other opponents of it, can't possibly know until it is.

But based on what I do know of it from BF, an educated guess is that it will work just fine. Learn to kill squads, don't just expect to kill individuals and that they will be doomed to a long walkback.

So I'm too lazy to learn new mechanics huh? BF3 is no different than BF2. And BF1942 was actually better than BF2, hey you could actually drive battleships/subarines/aircraft carriers.

Actually the "modern shooter" is just more graphics fluff piled on top of older shooters, they haven't improved on what should be important: Tactics, Strategy, Depth.
If you think BF3 isn't different from BF2, then you're completely discredited. There is a lot of resistance to BF3 among BF2 vets. We had to deal with the changes(many are still futilely hoping DICE will take BF4 back to a proper BF style), I suppose there's a lesson in that somewhere. But regardless of that, there's a lot of people from BF2 who would stand up against you on that one.

Last edited by Stardouser; 2012-07-07 at 08:12 PM.
Old 2012-07-07, 08:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #84
Stew
Major

Stew my boy have you not been paying attention? OBVIOUSLY we all HATE other modern shooters otherwise we would spend every waking moment playing it and not be on PSU am I right?!
So you gonna hate PS2 so keep playing QUAKE 1 , DOOM , Conterstrike 1.6 and Planetside 1

BECAUSE YOU ARE GOING TO HATE PLANETSIDE 2 SO QUIT RIGTH NOW AND DONT EVEN GIVE ANY TIME TO PLAY PLANETSIDE 2 BETA

Because the gameplay and guneplays of planetside 2 and battlefield 3 will be almost identical and for the good of it Modern shooter have rock solid fps mechanics !

So go back to planetside 1 section and dont pay attention to any planetside 2 related tread because you gonna hate planetside 2 AND WE DONT NEED HATERS TO BUILD A AWESOME GAME !
Old 2012-07-07, 08:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #85
Buggsy
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Littleman View Post
Don't play ignorant,
Don't play obtuse

or are you really that incapable of thinking outside of PS1's game play?
Actually my favorite MMOFPS is WWIIONLINE, it had more tactical depth than PS1.

The frontline is precisely where the red meets blue, blue meets purple, purple meets red, OR where purple, blue, and red meet. Somewhere along that stretch, their is a weak defense ripe for punching through. Circle a force around to the flank of the enemies main forces and attack from two sides. On the micro level, this means moving in a way that negates your opponents cover while offering yourself cover.
A frontline is suppose to have a rear, the front, and 2 flanks: lefto and righto.

Galaxy spawning is no different from AMS spawning, the mobile spawn just FLIES now.
I'd say that's a big difference.

Try and wrap your head around that concept!
Try to wrap your head around that one. That means people will be parking galaxies at 12 oclock, 3 oclock, 6 oclock, and 9 oclock around every single town; ergo there is no front line.

I'll give you a few hours... And perhaps you should watch the skies those drop pods carrying the squad leads troops, much less the GALAXIES that could be dropping TWO whole squads on top of your base. I'm pretty sure the galaxy hot-drop concept isn't brand spanking new! I could be wrong though!
What about it? I'm talking about spawn points not galaxy drops.

Let's take a step back and actually watch some videos and do some in depth searches into how things are expected to work before we make yet another thread on how PS2 is somehow even more dumbed down than PS1 ever was and that SOE should be catering to the 2 dozen veterans that DON'T like any of the changes instead of the potential thousands of players (needed for PS2 to succeed + the 2 dozen veterans) that would be fairly happy with the current model of FPS gaming in their MMOFPS.
It's going to financially bomb if SONY caters to the COD/BF3 players.
Old 2012-07-07, 08:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #86
TheSaltySeagull
Sergeant

So you gonna hate PS2 so keep playing QUAKE 1 , DOOM , Conterstrike 1.6 and Planetside 1

BECAUSE YOU ARE GOING TO HATE PLANETSIDE 2 SO QUIT RIGTH NOW AND DONT EVEN GIVE ANY TIME TO PLAY PLANETSIDE 2 BETA

Because the gameplay and guneplays of planetside 2 and battlefield 3 will be almost identical and for the good of it Modern shooter have rock solid fps mechanics !

So go back to planetside 1 section and dont pay attention to any planetside 2 related tread because you gonna hate planetside 2 AND WE DONT NEED HATERS TO BUILD A AWESOME GAME !
I hope PS2 will have global chat like the CR5s in PS1. Because the game will be worth playing for me just to see the global messages from stew!

He can even be a recruitment slogan for the NC! "join the NC, WE HAVE STEW!!!"
Old 2012-07-07, 08:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #87
Littleman
First Lieutenant

I read this after reading this:

List of military tactics

Force concentration Nonexistant with OS

Force protection Nonexistant with OS

Fortification I can't imagine minefields or spitfires being effective in a dumbed down COD/BF3 type of game

Indirect Fire Support No flails

Frontal assault The only thing that's left.

Frontal assault 24/7
I think it's clear you're either trolling or just plain fear mongering or... hrm... not being very creative.

Just don't play and you won't be disappointed with your inability to come up with viable tactics. Problem solved.
Old 2012-07-07, 08:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #88
Buggsy
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Stardouser View Post
Squad spawning hasn't even been tested yet. You, as well as all other opponents of it, can't possibly know until it is.
Squad spawning is the same in every other game in the universe that has squad spawning, I don't need to test it to know exactly how it works.

But based on what I do know of it from BF, an educated guess is that it will work just fine.
Oh well that makes it all better, if you say it's going to be fine.

Learn to kill squads, don't just expect to kill individuals and that they will be doomed to a long walkback.
Oh boohoo, wouldn't want to make someone have to have to walk anywhere, hey let's just let everyone push a button and teleport anywhere they want to on the map. Would that be good for you?

If you think BF3 isn't different from BF2, then you're completely discredited.
BF3 has more blue saturation, and no commander position, otherwise it's same thing.
Old 2012-07-07, 08:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #89
lawnmower
Sergeant

Did you mean strafing and jumpshooting gaming? Twitching your aim onto the target is just as important in ADS gameplay.
and how is lowering the speed (often to 0), having a zoom, and having a wait before you can start shooting increasing the skill required?

it's my firm belief that most people are not looking for the ability to fire while moving quickly.
i doubt you have any meaningful source for that.
and most people are casuals who hasnt even known anything but the current feel.
its also easier which is in general just a good thing for them

Originally Posted by Littleman View Post
I happen to be a vet, and am looking forward to the new modern shooter mechanics being introduced into Planetside. Unreal Tournament game play is fun... in a small arena setting. Planetside 2's gameplay isn't taking place in a small arena setting.
non-modern gameplay mechanics arent automatically arena type games

Last edited by lawnmower; 2012-07-07 at 08:25 PM.
Old 2012-07-07, 08:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #90
Stew
Major

But based on what I do know of it from BF, an educated guess is that it will work just fine. Learn to kill squads, don't just expect to kill individuals and that they will be doomed to a long walkback.

If you think BF3 isn't different from BF2, then you're completely discredited. There is a lot of resistance to BF3 among BF2 vets. We had to deal with the changes(many are still futilely hoping DICE will take BF4 back to a proper BF style), I suppose there's a lesson in that somewhere. But regardless of that, there's a lot of people from BF2 who would stand up against you on that one.
bf3 FPS mechanics are better than BF2 caracter moovement are betters , vehicules controles are better etc..

everything related to the actual gameplays BF3 is better

Battlefield 2 was better on one level Mortar batteries that can be destroy / repairs and a Comanders who lead the team and call strategics strike

Battlefield 3 flaws are mainly on the comunnication tools and confusing compass around the minimaps ,

But mostly everything as been improove if you denied thats you are NO battlefield 2 vets and you know nothing about BF series ive play them all from bf1942 to vietnam to Bf2 + expansion to BF2MC To BfBC (xbox360) to BFBC2 (pc) to BF3 (pc)

So i know what iam talking about people who get mad at every gameplay mechanics changes are mostly Lazy oldschoolers who dont want change in their games

These people should Love call of duty series because this series as never change since MW1 each games are copy and pastes of the others so on and on and on and on !

Iam glad the BF series as a certain evolution in term of graphics and gameplay mechanics

But i dont like How the comunication sythem always depend on 3d spottong mainly ! I think a solid VOIP was needed and also a leadership roles to help to structure and guides peoples and to improove the team work

But other than that BF3 have solids maps solids FPS mechanics , graphics , sounds , caracter moovement , and and so on

If you denied that i cant help you buddy i simply cant !
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion