Major items from Twitter - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: why do you reject my quotes?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-10-29, 10:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #76
Bags
Lieutenant General

Re: Major items from Twitter

Higby, use your hair magic to allow back holstered guns and vehicle animations.

Old 2011-10-29, 10:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #77
TRex
First Sergeant

Maybe special assault will be added later , I kinda like the idea of a spam free game for 6 months or so . Wernerites may be in psychological trauma for 6 months as to what to do in the meantime, but I could live without it .
Old 2011-10-29, 11:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #78
Marth Koopa
Banned

Originally Posted by Higby View Post
Yes, most of the classes are setup that way, can spec in a couple really diverse roles but they're making trade offs... so if you want an MCG (yes, there is an mcg) you wouldn't packing any AV equip.
So if I'm lugging a Lancer around, I will need to rely on my teammates to assist me with infantry shooting at me? Or can I have my Pulsar with me too, just not any HA?
Old 2011-10-29, 11:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #79
xSlideShow
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by TRex View Post
Maybe special assault will be added later , I kinda like the idea of a spam free game for 6 months or so . Wernerites may be in psychological trauma for 6 months as to what to do in the meantime, but I could live without it .
I thought special assault was pretty big for gameplay...
Old 2011-10-29, 11:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #80
Bags
Lieutenant General

Special Assault needs to die in a fire. Plasma fire.
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-10-29, 11:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #81
Higby
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Creative Director

We used to have two seperate classes for what you guys would call "Heavy Assault" and "Special Assault", at a certain point we came to the conclusion that they fit under the same umbrella in Planetside 2 and we merged the classes. That's not to say our heavy assault class will have all that you're thinking of, he can be outfitted to fill those unique battlefield roles.
Old 2011-10-29, 11:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #82
Bags
Lieutenant General

Can heavy assault pick up enemy tanks?
Old 2011-10-29, 11:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #83
xSlideShow
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Higby View Post
We used to have two seperate classes for what you guys would call "Heavy Assault" and "Special Assault", at a certain point we came to the conclusion that they fit under the same umbrella in Planetside 2 and we merged the classes. That's not to say our heavy assault class will have all that you're thinking of, he can be outfitted to fill those unique battlefield roles.
Ok, another thing... Since your not going to be able to carry an AV gun and MCG at the same time. Are you going to be able to carry a secondary rifle? Perhaps a cycler? Will the MCG user be able to carry Special Assault weaponry? Or will it be like the MCG, Special Assault, and AV fill up the same equipment slot?

Last edited by xSlideShow; 2011-10-30 at 02:25 AM.
Old 2011-10-29, 11:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #84
TRex
First Sergeant

In ps1 sa was used as a method to flush out 3rd person campers .Since there's no 3rd person in ps2 ,maybe there's little use or excuse for sa ,in regards to the thumper anyway . I have faith in this new dev team though , hopefully cheesy stuff from ps1 gets the boot .
Old 2011-10-29, 11:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #85
xSlideShow
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by TRex View Post
In ps1 sa was used as a method to flush out 3rd person campers .Since there's no 3rd person in ps2 ,maybe there's little use or excuse for sa ,in regards to the thumper anyway . I have faith in this new dev team though , hopefully cheesy stuff from ps1 gets the boot .
I did not ever use the thumper to flush out a 3rd person camper. I used handheld plasma for that. I used the thumper for gen holds and defense. The Rocket Rifle was more of a shoot down the hallway to try and decide if it was safe to enter before throwing emps. Since I would only carry 1 stack.

Last edited by xSlideShow; 2011-10-29 at 11:49 PM.
Old 2011-10-30, 12:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #86
TRex
First Sergeant

Don't get me wrong , if we had the likes of smoke grenades or similar that would be cool. I've no problem with rocklet rifles ,or grenades . Maybe 3rd person flush was a wrong example . In end it resulted in same thing , it was used as a way to damage or locate via damage flash someone you probably couldn't see directly .Gen holds is a great example , spam it through doorway when it opened to suppress those that come to repair it.
With the coming powered heavy assault suits and max units , I hope emp and jammer grenades have a nice effect against them this time , and replace plasma especially.
Old 2011-10-30, 12:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #87
Marth Koopa
Banned

I will be really disappointed if there is no thumper and rocklet rifle. I never saw them as overpowered and spamming the thumper into crowds for suppression is the whole POINT of it. It's not like it has infinite ammo, so it can't be spammed forever.
Old 2011-10-30, 12:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #88
Bags
Lieutenant General

It was too strong for its ease of use.
Old 2011-10-30, 01:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #89
Marth Koopa
Banned

The MCG tears up infantry easily and requires less aim than a thumper.

Your point?
Old 2011-10-30, 01:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #90
xSlideShow
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
It was too strong for its ease of use.
It required more thought to use than any of the other weapons. You have to be more mindful of your teamates and there positioning and what it was they were doing than if you were using any other weapon type. And You still had to account for lead etc... I don't see how it was any easier than the other weapons?

It's not like a single thumper or rocklet rifle could hold back an onslaught.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion