Infantry activities severely limited in this game - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Tell your mom and your sister I said hi.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-12-19, 07:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #76
boogy
Sergeant

Re: Infantry activities severely limited in this game

so we can at least agree that we

- need bases, outposts, and facilities that are designed to keep tank and air spam away and make infantry battle viable. Not all areas, but a good healthy portion.
-a means to reduce the number of vehicles pulled, crewed MBT, resource adjustment, etc.

I personally don't think buffing anti-air will do anything but make flying un-fun and pointless. I can see a slight buff, but not anything more. I rather make infantry harder to hit that make air and tank easier to kill..personally.
Old 2012-12-19, 08:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #77
Dragonskin
Major

Originally Posted by JesNC View Post
After being delegated to AA duty the past couple of days, I have to disagree.

An ESF trying to attack a position with a dual Burster MAX present will die, period.

Add a second MAX and you can cover the whole Hex while getting Libs down to 50% before they get into effective range.
I agree with this statement. 1 dual burster MAX will take out ESF that want to just hover and spam rockets usually before the ESF pilot really knows what is happening.

The thing is that you rarely ever... ever.. run into 1v1 situations. If there is 1 burster MAX there are usually more.. the amount depends on the force defending the objective. It's just like the rest of the game... Unless you play off hours on low population servers then you are rarely ever alone. So I wish people would stop with the 1v1 crap.. when does that happen? Dual burster MAXs are extremely effective right now. 2 covering a base can create a no-fly zone. Thing is most of the time I see 4-5.... sometimes 8 or more dual burster MAXs... I don't care how much air you have.. 8 dual burster MAXs will take them out because you can't hit the MAX if you can't render it.. if you can render it then they are locked on you already. Add to that the people with AA rockets and lately air just doesn't last long. I've been on the ground a lot since the last patch.

Anyway, that isn't what the thread was about. We do need more infantry centric objectives. Bio labs are the new meat grinders though... as long as you have people willing to attack then you see factions endlessly defending them now. Bio Labs are the new tech plant farms. That is exactly my worry with adding more infantry centric objectives... they turn into meat grinders. How do you make infantry centric objectives without creating more meat grinders?
Old 2012-12-19, 12:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #78
Calisai
Contributor
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
dominance of vehicle spam pushed me inside a vehicle; and my kd from 4 to 14.

lol this game. 1 man MBT is far too easy to farm with
As a dedicated tank driver, you know what annoys me? Everyone can grab a tank and roll around. Want to see a dramatic decrease of tanks... make them dedicated drivers with powerful top guns. If a vehicle is able to one-shot infantry, it should require two people to run it. Have the driver and gunner share the kills, but make it require a dedicated driver already.

That is why PS1 vets hated the BFR so much... A single manned vehicle being able to own everything.... at least if a vehicle required teamwork you could understand being beaten as it was effectively 2v1, etc.

I never understood the 1 man vehicles... It's kinda ridiculous. (And this is from a tanker...) Oh, and having the ability to have everyone and their mother spawn a tank to run to the next base also adds to the spam. There are a lot of tanks running around 1/2 with the default top gun. Why? Cause it's an easy way to get to the next base and easy to farm on the way. If it was just the dedicated skilled tank crews on the road, it wouldn't be nearly as bad.
Old 2012-12-19, 01:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #79
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

I play a lot of infantry. Sometimes I use an aurcraft and sometimes I roll armor. To me right now the game is good. The one thing I would like is to make it harder to vehicle spawn camp. The current situation really makes this part of the game not fun at all.
Old 2012-12-19, 01:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #80
Calisai
Contributor
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Dragonskin View Post
Bio Labs are the new tech plant farms. That is exactly my worry with adding more infantry centric objectives... they turn into meat grinders. How do you make infantry centric objectives without creating more meat grinders?
You make an AMP station that doesn't allow tanks in beyond the walls. It's a very infantry-centric fight prior to the dropping of the vehicle shields.

Have a base like that with a few capturable spawns, but with walls that don't let vehicles in. Just because a base is enclosed in some way, doesn't mean it needs to have infantry choke points that cause a meat grinder.
Old 2012-12-19, 01:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #81
AThreatToYou
Major

I am in support of crewed MBTs, but we still have the Lightning, and it is how I farm most of my infantry. Granted, a single HA who cares to throw rockets at me makes me run away or at least move.
Old 2012-12-19, 02:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #82
Beerbeer
Major

Originally Posted by AThreatToYou View Post
I am in support of crewed MBTs, but we still have the Lightning, and it is how I farm most of my infantry. Granted, a single HA who cares to throw rockets at me makes me run away or at least move.
Get rid of HE guns, on all tanks.
Old 2012-12-19, 02:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #83
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

The things I would do:
make full-base courtyards a bit harder for vehicles to get into this can/should include an increase of "vehicle immune" travel to and from generators, cps and spawns. BUT they shouldn't be the most direct routes in all cases. Like spawn-to-SCU tunnels aren't a great idea.
Make some base interiors, especially the larger ones, harder to fire into...mostly with towers where you can shoot into the mid levels. Dinky little outposts should remain fairly poor places for defense.

The open field should be dominated by vehicles. They are supposed to be useful and good there. The thing with infantry is to open up more opportunity to avoid vehicles, not make them stronger against them.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.

Last edited by Rbstr; 2012-12-19 at 02:35 PM.
Old 2012-12-19, 02:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #84
AThreatToYou
Major

Originally Posted by Beerbeer View Post
Get rid of HE guns, on all tanks.
HEAT round is still pretty farmy.
Old 2012-12-19, 02:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #85
Ruffdog
Contributor
First Lieutenant

I would keep 1 shot infantry kills but only on MBTs and only the non driver can do it.
Take HE away from the lightning.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion