News: Smed Tweets update on ProSieben Deal - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Cake > Pie
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-02-28, 10:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Kran De Loy
Captain

Re: Smed Tweets update on ProSieben Deal

Originally Posted by xXGumpXX View Post
this is excellent news , how ever i'm getting bord following this game , i have been following this game for a long time , and it just seems to go on and on and on , cut to the chase and give us some beta dates and some system requirements
Really, quit telling them to cut corners and hurry up with the game.

I don't want to wait forever either, but I seriously get pissed off when I see dozens of major game companies copy and paste WoW, but completely ignore why a large part of WoW's success was Blizzard's business practices that backed it up. Like taking pride in the fact that they only ship Finished products and they have a hell bent psychotic tick to make everything balance (whose sense the balance is based on is questionable).

To clarify for anyone about to rail at me for bringing up WoW or Blizzard in a good light, I only advice towards many of Blizzard's positive practices and NOT making another POS WoW clone. One was more than enough.

Last edited by Kran De Loy; 2012-02-28 at 10:28 AM.
Old 2012-02-28, 10:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
bjorntju1
Captain

Ah like so :P

Originally Posted by Gimpylung View Post
First time I ever \'railed\' on it tbh.

Anyways, have we confirmation that Pro7(European) players will be allowed play the beta.

Randoms that buy PC Gamer in the US will be allowed play the beta, we have absolutely no confirmation that European Werner Veterans who played PS1 for years will have any such luck.

This is a MAJOR issue and the next one we should be railing about. Railing seems to get SOE\'s attention.
Well Radar X posted on the official forums a few days back:

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps/po...id=88000028458

Far as I know, there are no discussions to limit access to beta based on region at this time.
Old 2012-02-28, 10:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Gimpylung
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by bjorntju1 View Post
Ah like so :P

Well Radar X posted on the official forums a few days back:

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps/po...id=88000028458
Thanks dude, wasn't aware of that news.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-03-28, 06:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Brollywood
PlanetSide 2
EU Prod. Manager

Hi guys, I just wanted to sign up and drop in here and say that EU players won't have to worry - they will also have access to the beta when it launches. You get a key and you get in.

Also, hi from me, I'm the product manager for PlanetSide 2 in Europe.
Old 2012-03-28, 06:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Sotonian
Corporal

Originally Posted by Brollywood View Post
Hi guys, I just wanted to sign up and drop in here and say that EU players won't have to worry - they will also have access to the beta when it launches. You get a key and you get in.

So as a European, i will 100% be able to play on an American server at full game launch?
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-03-28, 06:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Brollywood
PlanetSide 2
EU Prod. Manager

Talking Re: Smed Tweets update on ProSieben Deal

Originally Posted by Sotonian View Post
So as a European, i will 100% be able to play on an American server at full game launch?
I can confirm this. As a European you can play on an American server at full game launch.

I obviously can't answer all pro7/soe deal related questions right now unfortunately, but if you guys can perhaps gather up all your most important questions I'll do my best to feed them through and get you answers where possible.

For everything else, we will have more information as soon as it becomes available.

I understand your trepidation as to my authenticity - it's the internet after all! You could look me up though I guess, maybe take the "Brolly" part of "Brollywood" as a start.

That is my twitter account that was posted yea, although its been gathering cobwebs.

I was actually at GDC for a different title (in my previous company), but I was present at the PlanetSide 2 conference.

Last edited by Brollywood; 2012-03-28 at 07:01 AM.
Old 2012-03-28, 07:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Sotonian
Corporal

I can confirm this. As a European you can play on an American server at full game launch.

I obviously can't answer all pro7/soe deal related questions right now unfortunately, but if you guys can perhaps gather up all your most important questions I'll do my best to feed them through and get you answers where possible.

For everything else, we will have more information as soon as it becomes available.

I understand your trepidation as to my authenticity - it's the internet after all! You could look me up though I guess, maybe take the "Brolly" part of "Brollywood" as a start.

That is my twitter account that was posted yea, although its been gathering cobwebs.

I was actually at GDC for a different title (in my previous company), but I was present at the PlanetSide 2 conference.
Thank you for posting this, you have removed alot of trepidation about the release for alot of people
Old 2012-03-28, 12:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
bjorntju1
Captain

Yeah Made my day! Also thanks for clarifying about the server things. Sounds like we have nothing to worry about now!

Last edited by bjorntju1; 2012-03-28 at 12:40 PM.
Old 2012-03-28, 01:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Skitrel
Contributor
Captain

Originally Posted by bjorntju1 View Post
Yeah Made my day! Also thanks for clarifying about the server things. Sounds like we have nothing to worry about now!
Nothing to worry about except the precise details of what they're doing about region locking. I don't want to play in Europe and shouldn't be limited, I get 60-90ms to east coast servers and fully intend to play them.

If I can't, I'll proxy it, it'll push me up to 180-220ms completely unnecessarily as a result of what is purely a poor decision for customers.

Mod: /r/gamernews
Join The Enclave: http://www.enclaveoilrig.com
Old 2012-03-28, 06:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Shogun
Contributor
General

if you are not trolling, thank you for the clarification and welcome to the community!

are you allowed to give us some more info about the pro7/soe deal? there are lots of questions.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!

Last edited by Shogun; 2012-03-28 at 06:36 AM.
Old 2012-03-28, 06:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Arius
Corporal

I'll propably play on an EU server, depending on the amount of players, but this is a good thing nontheless!
Old 2012-03-28, 06:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Valcron
Master Sergeant

I really could care less about European players...
Old 2012-03-28, 06:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Coreldan
Colonel

Originally Posted by Valcron View Post
I really could care less about European players...
Then why the fuck do you post? Get the fuck out of here, then.

Hmh, do we have any way to somehow verify Brollywood is a real deal and not some troll? I'm sure he could use the VIP status as well if we can confirm he's real Perhaps SOE staff knows if he's real?

I'm gonna play on EU servers myself either way, but the beta news are naturally good news, even if I think this was clarified some time back already.

Core - Lieutenant | HIVE | Auraxis
Visit us at http://www.wasp-inc.org and YouTube
Old 2012-03-28, 06:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Sotonian
Corporal

Originally Posted by Coreldan View Post
Then why the fuck do you post? Get the fuck out of here, then.

Hmh, do we have any way to somehow verify Brollywood is a real deal and not some troll? I'm sure he could use the VIP status as well if we can confirm he's real Perhaps SOE staff knows if he's real?

I'm gonna play on EU servers myself either way, but the beta news are naturally good news, even if I think this was clarified some time back already.
https://twitter.com/#!/Pbrolly

Looks real to me
Old 2012-03-28, 06:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Shogun
Contributor
General

yep, looks legit.

seems like pete brolly was at gdc, so one of the devs should be able to confirm his status.
at least the name is connected to games, so i think the chance that he is trolling is very low.

he was brandmanager for deepsilver until this month.

so welcome to the community and congratulations on your new job for the hopefully best game ever!
give some love to the eu players! we feel neglected when it comes to getting info about our situation.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!

Last edited by Shogun; 2012-03-28 at 07:00 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion