Dont think the HA should be able to fly. - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Righteous
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-17, 03:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #76
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Re: Dont think the HA should be able to fly.

I'm not sure keeping HA out of aircraft is the best answer, my only gripe is bailing with some AV in your hands. You shouldn't be able to take down the guy that just murdered your aircraft before you even hit the ground in my opinion

Originally Posted by GreatMazinkaise View Post
And what is wrong with using them as disposable insertion vehicles?
Because it removes their value. Their resource cost becomes a "taxi" cost, it's just what you pay to get from A to B. Then you have to balance that cost with the actual valued and used aircraft.

If you want to use them that way you can, but I'm pretty sure a dev has said they don't like it . It probly won't be very cost efficient, they've said the Flash will be cheap and almost disposable. There's also going to be required research/certifications to even be able to bail, plus it could also take up a perk slot. So there will be sacrifice, but you can do what ever you want.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none

Last edited by Lonehunter; 2012-06-17 at 03:40 AM.
Old 2012-06-17, 03:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #77
GreatMazinkaise
Captain

Originally Posted by Lonehunter View Post
If you want to use them that way you can, but I'm pretty sure a dev has said they don't like it . It probly won't be very cost efficient, they've said the Flash will be cheap and almost disposable. There's also going to be required research/certifications to even be able to bail, plus it could also take up a perk slot. So there will be sacrifice, but you can do what ever you want.
They don't necessarily have to be cost efficient; you're using grouped air taxis because they're better for fast small group work than Galaxies... presuming the work you're doing succeeds, they can pay for themselves.

The random zergling who wants to get to the top of the tower will probably opt for LA instead.
Old 2012-06-17, 04:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #78
TeaLeaf
Corporal

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
Thats true, but either way, they have to make it so F2P users can still acquire vehicles a reasonable amount of time, users paying would then have a higher resource gain so they should be able to pull them more often.
I'm pretty sure the boosters only count to the resources used for unlocks and certs. So everyone will be on an equal playing field in regards to vehicle supplies. Do you have an actual source for this?
Old 2012-06-17, 04:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #79
GreatMazinkaise
Captain

Originally Posted by TeaLeaf View Post
I'm pretty sure the boosters only count to the resources used for unlocks and certs. So everyone will be on an equal playing field in regards to vehicle supplies. Do you have an actual source for this?
One of the Facebook app prizes is a Resource Booster implant... we don't know exactly what it does, but they're sure as hell not going to sell you something that'll increase the amount of in-game currency you earn to spend at the cash shop. So most likely the resource booster in some way diminishes or breaks the resource denial metagame.
Old 2012-06-17, 04:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #80
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by GreatMazinkaise View Post
One of the Facebook app prizes is a Resource Booster implant... we don't know exactly what it does, but they're sure as hell not going to sell you something that'll increase the amount of in-game currency you earn to spend at the cash shop. So most likely the resource booster in some way diminishes or breaks the resource denial metagame.
i don't see why they wouldn't sell something like that. some people have some sort of moral against buying items directly from the cash shop, paying for a sub or booster is a way to get money from these people, they feel more like they're earning it that way still.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-06-17, 04:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #81
GuyFawkes
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by TeaLeaf View Post
I think you are overlooking the potential the marketing team sees for this . An implant that gives you an extra 10% of resources gained , suddenly becomes a necessity and everyone would buy it from the sc . Fair or unfair is irrelevant , its an automatic $5 from every player in the game from the get go .
Old 2012-06-17, 05:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #82
GreatMazinkaise
Captain

Re: Yes HA should be able to fly.

Originally Posted by DjEclipse View Post
HA need to fly or the player base will start to favor the light assault class.

There is just too much fun stuff going on with the light assault class (which I include to be the jet pack LAs, Engys, Medics, Infils). That the HA needs this boost of being able to to fly the Scythe, Mossie, Reaver.
To an extent... I still predict that HA will be the most popular class for rushing bases (other than MAXs) because they can actually deal with MAX suits. Actual HA weapons (and shields) should make them better duelists than any other class.
Old 2012-06-17, 05:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #83
Immigrant
First Lieutenant

If you ask me they should've made a separate pilot/(gunner) class (with exception that engineer and medics can be the gunners too). All the other classes combat orientated infantry classes (LA, HA and Infs) should only be able to drive the quads or be transported by Galaxies and Sunderers.

Guys wishing to first drive a vehicle then switch to infantry combat class should use terminals in bases to change their class.

Last edited by Immigrant; 2012-06-17 at 05:09 AM.
Old 2012-06-17, 05:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #84
SergeantNubins
Corporal

Light assault have jump packs, so they dont need the ejector seat to be able to bail safely, any other class will - so the best pilots will be light assault ebcause they dont have to have one of their upgrades dedicated to allowing them to escape when shot down. That combined with the fact vehicles are not throw away things anymore because of resource use and the general different way that classes play means this really shouldn't be an issue.
Old 2012-06-17, 05:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #85
Coreldan
Colonel

I'm personally against anything bigger than light armor piloting any vehicles, except ATV/buggy.

Core - Lieutenant | HIVE | Auraxis
Visit us at http://www.wasp-inc.org and YouTube
Old 2012-06-17, 05:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #86
Khrakhan
Corporal

Originally Posted by Immigrant View Post
If you ask me they should've made a separate pilot/(gunner) class (with exception that engineer and medics can be the gunners too). All the other classes combat orientated infantry classes (LA, HA and Infs) should only be able to drive the quads or be transported by Galaxies and Sunderers.

Guys wishing to first drive a vehicle then switch to infantry combat class should use terminals in bases to change their class.
Way too many restrictions, not to mention slow down the flow of battle if players are always having to switch classes just to drive something.

People make too big a deal out of such minor issues....
Old 2012-06-17, 05:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #87
StumpyTheOzzie
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by TheInferno View Post
Can we get one thread without blaming the Battlefield players? Please?
No.
Old 2012-06-17, 05:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #88
Khrakhan
Corporal

Originally Posted by SergeantNubins View Post
Light assault have jump packs, so they dont need the ejector seat to be able to bail safely, any other class will - so the best pilots will be light assault ebcause they dont have to have one of their upgrades dedicated to allowing them to escape when shot down. That combined with the fact vehicles are not throw away things anymore because of resource use and the general different way that classes play means this really shouldn't be an issue.
The best pilots have no intention of bailing, so engineer is more likely to be the class of choice. And they wont even pick the ejection seat and will still be using the flares instead. When damaged and able, they will land and repair....if unable to safely land and are about to be shot down, they will try ot get as low to the ground as possible and bail, hoping to survive the fall.
Old 2012-06-17, 05:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #89
Coreldan
Colonel

Originally Posted by GuyFawkes View Post
I think you are overlooking the potential the marketing team sees for this . An implant that gives you an extra 10% of resources gained , suddenly becomes a necessity and everyone would buy it from the sc . Fair or unfair is irrelevant , its an automatic $5 from every player in the game from the get go .
Except no matter how necessary the community would see it, not even half of a F2P playerbase will have it.

Core - Lieutenant | HIVE | Auraxis
Visit us at http://www.wasp-inc.org and YouTube
Old 2012-06-17, 06:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #90
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by Khrakhan View Post
The best pilots have no intention of bailing, so engineer is more likely to be the class of choice. And they wont even pick the ejection seat and will still be using the flares instead. When damaged and able, they will land and repair....if unable to safely land and are about to be shot down, they will try ot get as low to the ground as possible and bail, hoping to survive the fall.
i would be hoping repair pads are back in.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion