News: PlanetSide Universe visits SOE Next Week! - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Inducing seizures since 2000000000003
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-05-16, 08:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #76
MacXXcaM
Contributor
First Sergeant

Re: PlanetSide Universe visits SOE Next Week!

Originally Posted by Boomzor View Post
5) How do you intend to encourage players to stay and fight a losing battle instead of just packing up and go for another continent?
Fighting is fun...

Question:
What about entering/exit animations?
Old 2012-05-16, 08:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #77
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Hamma, don't forget to take video of the entire thing.

Old 2012-05-16, 08:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #78
Hamma
PSU Admin

There will most certainly be a video and video interview - though I doubt I will be recording the entire time.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-05-16, 08:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #79
Oryon22
First Sergeant

You mother fuckers

Old 2012-05-16, 08:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #80
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
There will most certainly be a video and video interview - though I doubt I will be recording the entire time.
Make Higgles hold it while you frag TRay with an inverted Galaxy.

There video camera, silly.

Old 2012-05-16, 08:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #81
Cosmical
Contributor
Cosmic Comics

Excellent, im glad youve been allowed to go.

As far as questions go. Specifics on resources and how the general day to day battle will play out, i know thats effected by alot of random factors, but its what im interesting in hearing about.

And more importantly than anything, once optimised. How many units will we see on screen. And im talking maximum rendering ability. I will take any ballpark figure.
Chinese New Year 1 / Chinese New Year 2 A Comic about mediocrity.... and bizarre stuff.
Old 2012-05-16, 09:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #82
Kran De Loy
Captain

Why would asking about beta dates off limits? Like half the interviews, many done by major gamer sites, asked the question. They didn't get an answer either, but if you don't ask they have no obligation to tell you.
Old 2012-05-16, 09:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #83
Dahmon Myncar
Private

Will there be any effect on players from explosions aside from damage to an area? I.e. players get thrown aside or such.
And congrats on getting to go.
Old 2012-05-16, 09:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #84
Baron
First Sergeant

(Locke of Higby's Hair) + (Marie Laveau's House of Voodoo) = Beta for ALL !!!!
Old 2012-05-16, 09:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #85
Miir
Malvision

This is the best news I've heard in a while. Have fun guys!

As for questions. Nothing specific.

I trust that you guys will accomplish more in your visit there than most game sites would. Can't wait to see what you get.
Old 2012-05-16, 09:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #86
TheRagingGerbil
Contributor
Major

That's awesome, can't wait.

And would you all give up on the entering/exiting animations, FFS.
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-05-16, 09:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #87
RadarX
PlanetSide 2
Community Manager

It's an exciting time to go so close to E3. The team looks forward to seeing you Hamma.
Old 2012-05-16, 10:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #88
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Have a great trip Hamma. Is this exclusively SOE or do you have other plans? How long will you be in town? I could hook you up with DarkFate.

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2012-05-16, 10:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #89
Skepsiis
Corporal

Congratuations! Should be a fantastic experience for you both.

I would love to know more about the following:

Resources - How does the overall game economy actually work? Whats free and what costs? How are resources generated, harvested and distribted to players?

Certifications - We still arent clear on how the system works so information on this would be great and maybe a few specific examples of the ways some trees or higher level certs work.

Map design - Some pics of the insides of the bases is something im interested in. Also how do the maps play out place to place? Are they loaded with content and feel interesting and different at seperate locations? Can you see battles raging all over the entire map instead of just focusing on bases and the areas directly between them? Are there varrying incentives to capture different areas? Do the conts interact with each other at all?

Classes - I am hoping they will each have a very unique flavour and playstyle to differentiate each type, do you get this impression? How do the classes compliment each other? What are some of the unique abilities and perks you can specalise into with them?

Vehicles - What are the various vehicles like to drive/pilot? Do they feel arcadey or more slow and powerful? Are you a fan of the customisation of vehicles? Is it an intuitive interface? Are the customisation options quite rich and deep or more gimicky? How different are the ES vehiclesin terms of gameplay? How well balanced do you think the different vehicles roles seem?

Teamplay - Any infomation on the squad system? Like how similar to ps1 does it work? Are there tools implemented to aid squad leaders on a tactical level like dynamic and contextual squad commands? What are your thoughts on the mission system? Do the devs have any plans outside of the misson system for the command and control of the meta game at empire level? Are non combat support roles properly rewarded for their service and actually fun to play?

Outfits - What new outfit features are we likely to see in ps2? What sort of customisation options can we typically expect to see in both visual and ability terms? Is there any ingame system to allow outfits or interact with each other? Like coordinating with friendly outfits for bigger operations or setting an enemy outfit as a rival thats gets highlighted as a priority target?

Game engine - How are the dynamic lighting effects? Especially at night. Are the game physics impressive? How scalable are the quality options? Can you really crank up the effects if you have a monster gaming machine? And on the flipside can you lower them enough that an oldish PC will still be competitive with a respectable framerate? What sort of draw distance can we get? And would we be able to watch a huge battle from high altitude? Your thoughts on hit detection? Bullet balistics? Latency problems? Anti cheat? And something else i am curious about is the ingame bodies of water. Also how crazy are they going to go with weather? The different types, visulisation, player ability to track it and gameplay impact.

And i am another person who was a big fan of the enter/exit animations so this is a +1 to see them come back into the game at some point.

I know its a big list but hopefully you can take a few ideas from it and tbh i would be happy if you can get just a few of these answered.... Good luck and have fun!
Old 2012-05-16, 10:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #90
LightningDriver
Corporal

My question is the following.

Will there be things like weather effects (rain, sandstorms, etc.), and will there be events like meteor showers and earthquakes? I sure hope there will be.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion