News: [Exclusive] New Terran Republic Screenshots - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I got lead pipe. Any knees need breaking?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-10-28, 12:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #76
Graywolves
General

Re: [Exclusive] New Terran Republic Screenshots

Higby, if your tie was black and red I'd say it's awesome.

But no, you are NC and your tie was tacky.

Now show us the MCG or I will hunt you down with it in every chance I get in beta and unload it on your avatar's corpse!

Your tie was awesome please show us the MCG......

I don't even remember what your tie looks like....
Old 2011-10-28, 02:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #77
Dark Atlantis
Private

Awesome screens, will hope the beta comes soon and that I will play this game ^^
Btw, beta will be US only? Or also EU?
Old 2011-10-28, 03:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #78
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by Dark Atlantis View Post
Awesome screens, will hope the beta comes soon and that I will play this game ^^
Btw, beta will be US only? Or also EU?
screew your EU, LATENCY TEST TO AUSTRALIA!
Old 2011-10-28, 03:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #79
TRex
First Sergeant

requesting some indoor screenies with heavy armour /maxes ..and ofc an mcg or 2 pls
Old 2011-10-28, 03:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #80
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

I am grateful for the images and the information in the TR Debrief, although it doesn't tell me anything I didn't already know - TR is firepower and rate of fire, we know. Nobody really expected this to change. I don't mean to quibble, but has anyone noticed that the screenshots are basically just the same types of items from various angles? We've seen TR soldiers since they started posting pix. We've seen the Mossie since Smedley started posting once-a-week pix back in February-ish. The only real "new" items we've seen has been a base and the rocket launcher in Higby's TR heavy assault image. So compared to what's already been released, there is a small percentage of new information/images. I shudder to think what we'll re-see during NC week: the Vanguard? A Galaxy in NC colours?

The base picture showed some NC Galaxies, some Vanguard tanks, and some ATVs that are so small as to be indistinguishable blobs. We knew about the Galaxy, have seen pix. We knew about the Vanguard, have seen pix. Didn't know about the ATVs but figured they'd be in regardless.

The pix of soldiers, yes visually it's breathtaking and the level of detail is impressive. However, we've seen pix of TR soldiers before. We've seen the MAX concept art (guy needs a helmet, especially with headshots, kthanx). We've seen the infiltrator concept art. We've seen TR soldiers with their M14 lookalikes and pistols. None of this is really new.

So, again, I hate to be "That Guy". It looks pretty. It really does. But we could use something never-before-seen. Prowler, game art for the MAX, empire-specific weapons and vehicles? Throw us a bone here.
Old 2011-10-28, 03:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #81
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by Firefly View Post

So, again, I hate to be "That Guy". It looks pretty. It really does. But we could use something never-before-seen. Prowler, game art for the MAX, empire-specific weapons and vehicles? Throw us a bone here.
I agree, we should see more more VS stuff.
Old 2011-10-28, 03:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #82
Canaris
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by QuantumMechanic View Post
My thoughts exactly. I just hope this is a common pool rifle being used for screenshots while the cycler is in development.

I love using the cycler in the current PS, from the way it looks to the way it shoots to the way it sounds. Especially the way it sounds!

This rfile we see here, looks like a throwback to the M1 Garand. One of the oldest rifles in US military use. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1_Garand
Eh a throwback? It looks like a M14 and a AK47 had a beatuiful baby!
I for one love this style of assault rifle,

It just screams Daka!

If I had to critique it in any way it and make one change, we're the Terran Republic, Unity through superior fire power, I say slap a drum mag on that bi0tch

Also new screenshot, WOWZERS the level of detail is simple amazing, great job just one thing Higby where is our.............. STRIKER! heh bet you thought I was going to say MCG

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2011-10-28, 03:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #83
SKYeXile
Major General

Well it was said that the TR like to use technologies that are well proven in battle, I imagine gas operated projectile weapons would be rather well proven in 600 years.
Old 2011-10-28, 04:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #84
Redshift
Major

:O

Last edited by Redshift; 2011-10-28 at 04:58 AM.
Old 2011-10-28, 05:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #85
demonicale
Sergeant

The more i see and hear about this game, the more excited i'm getting for it.I played the original Planetside for years, and to see a follow up to that great game as good as what i'm seeing.

Looking GOOOOD!
Old 2011-10-28, 05:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #86
Levente
First Sergeant

I am grateful for the images and the information in the TR Debrief, although it doesn't tell me anything I didn't already know - TR is firepower and rate of fire, we know. Nobody really expected this to change. I don't mean to quibble, but has anyone noticed that the screenshots are basically just the same types of items from various angles? We've seen TR soldiers since they started posting pix. We've seen the Mossie since Smedley started posting once-a-week pix back in February-ish. The only real "new" items we've seen has been a base and the rocket launcher in Higby's TR heavy assault image. So compared to what's already been released, there is a small percentage of new information/images. I shudder to think what we'll re-see during NC week: the Vanguard? A Galaxy in NC colours?

The base picture showed some NC Galaxies, some Vanguard tanks, and some ATVs that are so small as to be indistinguishable blobs. We knew about the Galaxy, have seen pix. We knew about the Vanguard, have seen pix. Didn't know about the ATVs but figured they'd be in regardless.

The pix of soldiers, yes visually it's breathtaking and the level of detail is impressive. However, we've seen pix of TR soldiers before. We've seen the MAX concept art (guy needs a helmet, especially with headshots, kthanx). We've seen the infiltrator concept art. We've seen TR soldiers with their M14 lookalikes and pistols. None of this is really new.

Yes because they have to show anything fast because the release is near....*sigh*
Old 2011-10-28, 06:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #87
Xyntech
Brigadier General

They never said they were going to lay all of their TR related cards on the table. Remember that concept art for the TR heavy armor? That was only a few days ago and it was a teaser for this week of information, so really it was a part of this weeks information. Moreover, that was just concept art and now we have seen an in game model of that heavy armor, carrying that new rocket launcher model that we had never seen before.

New angles on previous stuff is a great thing as well. It tells us more about the things, some of which we have only seen from a limited angle. Do all of the repeated TR infantry shots tell us something new? No, but not every shot has to be ground breaking.

The base shot is fantastic. That is a huge wealth of information, so to blow it off is downright ungrateful. It also shows us, as you mentioned, the first pictures of Vanguards we have seen since the Planetside Next screenshot.

We know that the Planetside Next stuff is subject to quite a bit of change, looking at the Mosquito as an example, so are we really going to bitch about seeing the progressive development of these models?

For fucks sake, along this line of thinking, you will be pissed off when we get a new up close picture of the vanguard from some new angle because "We already saw it in the PS:Next images and we already saw the new model in that base shot." You can tell it's a vanguard in the base shot, but you can't make out shit for detail.

The week isn't even over. How about you just don't be "that guy?" I can understand some disappointment people had with the first single screenshot we got in this weeks comm-link, but you are going to complain now?

Everybody here wants more information. Hell, screw information, everyone here wants to get first hand knowledge by playing the unfinished game this instant. There comes a point though when you just have to step back and be happy with what you are getting.

Obviously they are planning to do a TR, NC and VS week. We have already seen a lot of the TR, so it makes sense to start with them and show a couple of new things, instead of holding the TR until last where the amount of information released about them would pale in the face of the relative amount of new info about the NC and VS released on their respective weeks. Hell, they are already using the TR week to slip us some new NC stuff as well, but I guess we should be unhappy about getting to see things like the NC pistol, since it's TR week and we should only get TR, all day, err day.

If by the end of today, when the information week is over, if we still haven't seen a picture of an MCG, I can understand people being upset, but can't we at least wait until the week is finished?

How about a little fucking gratitude for a development team that is far more open and engaging than the vast majority of developers?

I mad.
Old 2011-10-28, 07:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #88
QuiCKaNdDeaDLy
Corporal

Those TR Screens are Gorgeous!
Looks allmost too good... Im in doubt my Computer will Handle 100 of them on my Screen.
Time to Upgrade soon I guess
Old 2011-10-28, 07:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #89
Traak
Colonel

Originally Posted by Xyntech View Post
How about a little fucking gratitude for a development team that is far more open and engaging than the vast majority of developers?
Thanks, development team.

For doing what you do.

I'm glad they are being led by someone who doesn't think he can teach God, and thus needs not input from mere humans.

And I'm glad that the community is so eager to provide often intelligent input into the formation of the game. Input, not control, but at least we know our input is not being ignored completely.
Old 2011-10-28, 07:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #90
Aaron
Contributor
Sergeant Major

The amount of detail in this is great
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion