News: Bolt Driver - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: As seen on your monitor.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-02-08, 03:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #76
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Bolt Driver

Originally Posted by LZachariah View Post
I don't think we have any reason to assume that this is a Nanite Systems weapon that is just being showcased on "NC week."
Other than this, you mean?

Originally Posted by RadarX View Post
Just to avoid confusion, this is a common pool weapon. It's prized by NC snipers because they prize their sniper rifles. Wouldn't you?
Old 2012-02-08, 03:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #77
Raymac
Brigadier General

Well perhaps that just means Common Pool =/= Nanite Systems

Old 2012-02-08, 03:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #78
LZachariah
First Lieutenant

Ho-lee-shit. I am 100% uber-wrong. Where was THAT listed?

This is actually awesome news! Though I am still baffled to Hell as to why they posted this during NC week.

Thanks for the correction!

~Zachariah
Old 2012-02-08, 03:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #79
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

Where was THAT listed?
I think it was on page 2. I'm playing catch up as ever so I just ran through the whole thread. >_<

Took me by surprise. They've mentioned ES sniper rifles before, so I assumed the bolt driver had just gone the way of the Reaver. Not sure what to think now.
Old 2012-02-08, 04:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #80
BigBossMonkey
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Talek Krell View Post
I think it was on page 2. I'm playing catch up as ever so I just ran through the whole thread. >_<

Took me by surprise. They've mentioned ES sniper rifles before, so I assumed the bolt driver had just gone the way of the Reaver. Not sure what to think now.
Someone asked Higby earlier, and he stated there are also ES snipers.

So maybe there is an empire flavor sniper rifle, as well as this one if you dont like your empire one.
Old 2012-02-08, 04:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #81
LZachariah
First Lieutenant

Well, I will say that, if this is the NC-version of a Nanite Systems bolt-driver, I'd say that it looks just fine. Granted, it doesn't look like the original Bolt Driver, but Nanite Systems weapons tend to look simpler in general, and this weapon does look fairly no-frills. I'm glad that this is how they're doing it.
Old 2012-02-08, 04:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #82
Vancha
Colonel

Well, I will say that, if this is the NC-version of a Nanite Systems bolt-driver, I'd say that it looks just fine. Granted, it doesn't look like the original Bolt Driver, but Nanite Systems weapons tend to look simpler in general, and this weapon does look fairly no-frills. I'm glad that this is how they're doing it.
I think we need clarification as to whether Nanite Systems weapons will actually exist or not. We've seen an NS pistol (AMP?), but that's it. If that's been scrapped and all the common pool weapons will have empire-specific aesthetics with identical stats, then fine, but if NS weapons exist, why wouldn't the bolt driver be an NS weapon?
Old 2012-02-08, 04:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #83
Quovatis
PSU Staff
Wiki Ninja

The only NS weapon we've seen (an unnamed pistol) has NS markings on it. The bolt driver clearly has NC marking and looks like a Gauss rifle. So I still don't get how it's common pool.
Old 2012-02-08, 04:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #84
Atheosim
Captain

Originally Posted by Quovatis View Post
The only NS weapon we've seen (an unnamed pistol) has NS markings on it. The bolt driver clearly has NC marking and looks like a Gauss rifle. So I still don't get how it's common pool.
That's why I'm thinking (as previously mentioned) that the bolt driver as a weapon will be common pool, but the appearance will change according to the empire using it. So this is what the NC bolt driver looks like. And then the TR will have a bolt driver that looks different and so on.
Old 2012-02-08, 04:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #85
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by RadarX View Post
Just to avoid confusion, this is a common pool weapon. It's prized by NC snipers because they prize their sniper rifles. Wouldn't you?
Sure 'bout that?

https://twitter.com/#!/mhigby/status...15995768262659
Old 2012-02-08, 04:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #86
Quovatis
PSU Staff
Wiki Ninja

Originally Posted by Atheosim View Post
That's why I'm thinking (as previously mentioned) that the bolt driver as a weapon will be common pool, but the appearance will change according to the empire using it. So this is what the NC bolt driver looks like. And then the TR will have a bolt driver that looks different and so on.
But as others have pointed out, that makes no sense either. You don't call the American M4 an AK-47. They are different guns and have different names.
Old 2012-02-08, 04:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #87
DayOne
Captain

Well, the way it works does fit the way NC weapons work. There will most likely be a TR and VS version that work the same but are more faction styled. The TR with a 50. cal round and the VS with a plasma shot (not a straight shooting laser or it will be unbalanced) or something.

This most probably comes from the customisation system. So each faction will have one main rifle that can be hugely customised to suit many roles, in this case a sniper.
Old 2012-02-08, 04:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #88
Atheosim
Captain

But as others have pointed out, that makes no sense either. You don't call the American M4 an AK-47. They are different guns and have different names.
What I'm saying is that the functionality will be identical, the appearance variable.
Old 2012-02-08, 04:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #89
Quovatis
PSU Staff
Wiki Ninja

Originally Posted by Atheosim View Post
What I'm saying is that the functionality will be identical, the appearance variable.
Like the PS1 guns: Eraser, Stinger, and Spear? They look and sound different, but the damage and statistics are exactly the same. They still have different names though.
Old 2012-02-08, 04:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #90
Atheosim
Captain

Like the PS1 guns: Eraser, Stinger, and Spear? They look and sound different, but the damage and statistics are exactly the same. They still have different names though.
Exactly. That's essentially a common pool weapon because the stats are identical.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion