New Nanite Systems Vehicle Tweet - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Created with Notepad.exe(tm)
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-04-09, 04:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #76
Hamma
PSU Admin

Re: New Nanite Systems Vehicle Tweet

Originally Posted by SniperSteve View Post
WHAT IS THIS!?!?
It was not said for sure.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-04-09, 04:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #77
Zulthus
Colonel

If it can't be called the Deliverer, it must be named Goliath.
Old 2012-04-09, 04:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #78
Knocky
Major

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
If it can't be called the Deliverer, it must be named Goliath.
More like "David".
Old 2012-04-09, 05:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #79
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

My bid is on it being Deli, or maybe Marauder.

Or maybe... THIS IS A NEW VEHICLE! So strange that almost nobody had suggested this in the thread...

EDIT: BTW it looks like the RC car toy I had back in the childhood.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.

Last edited by NewSith; 2012-04-09 at 05:14 PM.
Old 2012-04-09, 05:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #80
Knocky
Major

Originally Posted by NewSith View Post
My bid is on it being Deli, or maybe Marauder.

Or maybe... THIS IS A NEW VEHICLE! So strange that almost nobody had suggested this in this thread...

EDIT: BTW it looks like the RC car toy I had back in the childhood.
Fast Traxx was the only RC I had that was actually worth a damn.
Old 2012-04-09, 05:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #81
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

As I was saying earlier, if this is the Deliverer, we have to wonder what will be so different between it and the Sunderer. I was thinking that perhaps the Sunderer was moving away from transport towards more support, but maybe it is the other way around. Your "crew" doesn't necessarily mean troops you are transporting. In fact, think about a modern jet liner. Do you call the passengers the "crew"? The crew operates the vehicle. This may not be a transport at all. This makes me think that it is indeed a buggy. The sleek design suggests that it is built for speed. It may even be amphibious. It could be a support vehicle, a fast strike vehicle or some kind of reconnaissance vehicle. Any array of things could be mounted on top.

I know this name may have negative memories for some vets, but I kind of like, "Rabbit". It's quick and nimble.

www.planetside-devildogs.com

Last edited by EVILPIG; 2012-04-09 at 05:27 PM.
Old 2012-04-09, 05:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #82
Mezorin
Corporal

I'm willing to bet this is likely the Lightning, as the profile looks fairly similar to the menu selection option from the GDC videos. We also have not seen or heard of any other vehicle in the list, and we currently have a hole of "no ES buggies" in the vehicle line up. Maybe the outrage that we're losing the ES buggy capability was the reason T-Ray was not happy with the original lightning design?

Comparison:

Note that the profile angles look pretty similar to the old lightning, and this vehicle looks to be roughly similar size to a lightning (or an ES buggy). The back area on the vehicle looks like it has more than enough space to mount some form of turret.

This stands to make sense with the "combine functionality" game play design we've seen so far too, as a hybrid buggy/deliverer/lightning were all sort of competing for the same role (ie light hit and run fire power) in the first game. Slap a couple extra seats into the back of a lightning, a bushmaster auto cannon turret on the top and tires for fast amphibious movement and you have your "light armor vehicle".

EDIT: Whoops, definately *not* the lightning, as confirmed by the NS twitter.

Last edited by Mezorin; 2012-04-09 at 05:47 PM.
Old 2012-04-09, 05:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #83
Zulthus
Colonel

They already said it isn't the Lightning.
Old 2012-04-09, 05:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #84
Captain1nsaneo
Major

Misc Info

This is even better than the Aurora! Even when it had the 12 shot bug! (I miss you 12 shot bug, you were the only thing good.)
Old 2012-04-09, 05:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #85
Knocky
Major

Originally Posted by Mezorin View Post
I'm willing to bet this is likely the Lightning, as the profile looks fairly similar to the menu selection option from the GDC videos.
I am willing to bet that you haven't read the thread....or the quoted tweets that tell is this in NOT the Lightning.

NaniteSystems
@PS_TRay @planetside2 No my friend, it is not. The Lightning is another fine NS product that we will reveal in the coming weeks
Old 2012-04-09, 05:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #86
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Call it, "Brash Adams".

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2012-04-09, 05:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #87
Mezorin
Corporal

Wishful thinking on my part getting the best of me, my bad. . Maybe we're getting the deliverer / ES buggy hybrid sooner than we thought then?

Last edited by Mezorin; 2012-04-09 at 05:57 PM.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-04-09, 06:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #88
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

From what we can tell of this thing...

1) it looks fast
2) it looks like it has some cargo/transport space in the back, but not a huge amount
3) it looks roughly the size of a deliverer, maybe a slightly bigger
4) it has no armament, though this is an early model and may not have it's guns fitted.
5) it sort of resembles an ANT
6) it is not close enough to an PS1 vehicle to carry the same name

From this we can assume that if it is a transport, it doesn't transport very many (maybe 5?), and may not transport MAX units, much like a Deliverer. But the fact that it isn't called a deliverer may mean it isn't for transporting people, but maybe supplies.

I rule out a buggy, as I would imagine if they brought those back they would be the ES buggies from PS1 as those were quite iconic and many people loved them.

Its resemblance to an ANT may imply that it is a space-truck of sorts. Since there is no NTUs in PS2 to our knowledge, calling the vehicle an "ANT" may not make sense anymore which would explain why it needs a new name.

We know the devs like to avoid vehicle clutter, so with a new name may have come a new role and this thing could be a multi-purpose vehicle.

If it is a transport then we know the Sunderer is intended to be a fast action-packed base-crashing heavy armored vehicle. This vehicle might provide more support activities, such as
* ground-based radar, or other command-like vehicle
* medical vehicle (for heal/rearm for infantry)
* general-purpose transport / amphibious transport
* some sort of economic truck-type thing (lots of people have requested supply-line like economic behavior and convoys in the past).
* AMS?

I have a hard time finding a combat role for this vehicle. Sunderer will be king of hot transport & insertion, along with vehicle support. MBTs are flexible anchors for the ground assault. Lightnings handle the light vehicle MBT support and harassment/AA role. Without serious encroachment on one of those other roles I don't see this vehicle having a significant combat role.

Its smaller size and capacity would also indicate that it is likely one of the cheaper vehicles, whatever it is.

Were I a betting man I'd put money on it being some sort of ANT-like thing.
Old 2012-04-09, 07:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #89
Hamma
PSU Admin

I can't stop looking at this thing it's badass. That's one thing I know for sure it is

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-04-09, 08:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #90
Cosmical
Contributor
Cosmic Comics

Originally Posted by EVILPIG View Post
Call it, "Brash Adams".
yes!

It looks like the Bat Mobile from the Dark Knight. Bridges can be destroyed, and this thing can jump them towing cables. We are all agreed on this.

It has an unusual look about it, i cant tell if its drawn or rendered or modelled and textured. Judging by that other guys time lapse, i guess its a little of all. I like to think this is the lighter faster version of the sunderer, less armour, no weapons.... hot rod speed.

Nice to see they arnt doing things by halfs, i was expecting two empire specific, and 5 common pool. Always fun to be surprised, even by side graded vehicles.
Chinese New Year 1 / Chinese New Year 2 A Comic about mediocrity.... and bizarre stuff.

Last edited by Cosmical; 2012-04-09 at 08:05 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion