Your biggest VR-shocks and revalations - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Bring out your dead!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-03-17, 03:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #76
DManD
Private

Biggest surprise was seeing that the underbarrel shotgun acts like the pump action one, one-hit-kill in shot range.

Last edited by DManD; 2013-03-17 at 03:49 PM.
Old 2013-03-17, 04:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #77
luvthesnapper
Private

Re: Your biggest VR-shocks and revalations

i couldn't see where the fuck i was shooting sometimes because of the muzzle flash
The HS/VX 1x sight helps with the flash as well. I use it night and day, many times. No flash while ads, though the range you can see enemies is limited. I like it, myself.
Old 2013-03-17, 11:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #78
Falcon_br
Captain

I gave a second chance to the T5 AMC today, and it performed much better today after the GU 04 them it used to performe before.
Everyone knew that the T5 AMC got nerfed late in the beta and they forgot to rebalance it, maybe they did it in the GU 04 and forgot to place it in the patch notes, I need to check in the unofficial real patch notes to confirm it.
Old 2013-03-18, 05:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #79
ringring
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Falcon_br View Post
I gave a second chance to the T5 AMC today, and it performed much better today after the GU 04 them it used to performe before.
Everyone knew that the T5 AMC got nerfed late in the beta and they forgot to rebalance it, maybe they did it in the GU 04 and forgot to place it in the patch notes, I need to check in the unofficial real patch notes to confirm it.
I've started to play with the T5 AMC in the last few weeks and I really like it. (I don't think it changed in GU04 or at least I didn't notice any)

I think I'll run with
T5 AMC - Engy
T1 Cycler - Medic
T16 Rhino - HA
Old 2013-03-18, 05:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #80
Fimconte
Private

Hover is vastly superior to Dogfighting. Dropped 700 certs on it as a result.

I really feel like Dogfighting is actually meant for A2G role, since it only really helps with aiming the main-cannon at infantry.
Old 2013-03-18, 08:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #81
JesNC
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Fimconte View Post
Hover is vastly superior to Dogfighting. Dropped 700 certs on it as a result.

I really feel like Dogfighting is actually meant for A2G role, since it only really helps with aiming the main-cannon at infantry.
I made the contrary experience with the Reaver - I found the Dogfighting frame to be much more agile and all around better than the Hover frame.
Old 2013-03-18, 08:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #82
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

I wish the VR came with all the other buildings out there in world that you would find when taking a outpost. Not just the tower. We like to do training camps every once in awhile and it would nice to do it in VR instead in live.

Old 2013-03-18, 10:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #83
Koadster
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Falcon_br View Post
Didnt get any buffs, been using it for months. Always been a good gun it just gets over shadowed by the Lynx/Jag fanbois

MuNrOe : Eat a Dick sandwich TR
Old 2013-03-18, 12:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #84
Frotang
Staff Sergeant

I discovered a somewhat viable ranged NC MAX setup: Dual Mattocks with slugs + extended mags. That extra bullet velocity with the Mattock really aids in hitting moving targets with the slug.
Old 2013-03-18, 06:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #85
Mordelicius
Major

Biggest shocks and revelations?

- GD-7F is a monster. Powerful and deadly at any range. It's quite sick. I'm leery of switching to this for my Engy. Seems like a nerf magnet. Requires very little aim and kills faster than HA weapons.

- Having been on the receiving on on plenty of the new shotguns, I tried them out and confirmed they are ridiculously OP. The way things are going, CQC are all going to be exclusively shotgun wars.

- Gauss Saw has no real replacement. The closest one imo is EM1. It has a great feel, hits good and better at close range.

- The AV Engy turret is stupendously easy to use.
Old 2013-03-18, 07:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #86
Snydenthur
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Mordelicius View Post
- Having been on the receiving on on plenty of the new shotguns, I tried them out and confirmed they are ridiculously OP. The way things are going, CQC are all going to be exclusively shotgun wars.
That's the only thing that you can expect from a shotgun. 0-5m is dominated by the shotguns. They are good up to 10m, but not overpowering anymore. Beyond that, you have to take too many shots to be effective, unless you have luck on your side and get most of the pellets to hit. Perfectly balanced.

And semi auto shotguns are still the best shotguns.
Old 2013-03-18, 09:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #87
Figment
Lieutenant General

Snydentur, try shotguns with slugs. >.> I think you'll be surprised.
Old 2013-03-18, 09:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #88
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
Trying play the game instead of sitting in VR with a slugs.

I think you will be surprised.
Old 2013-03-18, 10:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #89
Chewy
Major

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
I have. They are not worth it over using another weapon that can have an underslung attachment or even default weapons.

The only time I have ever gotten use out of slugs is in holding the landing pads at a tower or bio-lab. Travel time to far to long, bullet drop to intense, and that recoil is a nightmare to be of use against moving ground targets. So that leaves the people camping tower tops and bio-lab domes. Not that bad for those things but in a Mauler it takes 3 slugs for a kill.

With another weapon I can chip roofers and still be a pest to ground targets without having to expose myself for any amount of time. Besides a good smoke grenade spam chain can do a LOT more for a team than slugs.
Old 2013-03-18, 11:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #90
Falcon_br
Captain

I really think that if you are going to camp firing at enemies you should try a sniper rifle or the battle rifle.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion