*** PlanetSide 2 Ultimate Beta FAQ *** - Page 63 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: format c: *.*
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-03, 02:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #931
DarkChiron
First Sergeant

Re: *** PlanetSide 2 Ultimate Beta FAQ ***

Originally Posted by duck View Post
Does anyone here know exactly in the development cycle how long these technical tests last for?
Depends on how well it goes. So I don't think placing estimates on the length of time it'll take is a good idea (and it's why the devs have never told us).
Old 2012-07-03, 02:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #932
Ghryphen
PSU Code Monkey

Re: PS1 vets who played this weekend have a better chance of beta? I say yes.

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
"some people are entitled please don't let anyone in because of them"

Sure is logic in here
You feel like you should still be owed beta because you are not complaining and others are?

Twitter | Dragon Wolves

Last edited by Ghryphen; 2012-07-03 at 02:07 PM.
Old 2012-07-03, 02:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #933
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

I don't see why. If people don't respond to a beta invite I would think that in time that spot will simply be given to another.
Also they obviously won't be giving out keys to people who haven't signed up for beta, and if you've signed up then you must (should) be interested.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.

Last edited by ChipMHazard; 2012-07-03 at 02:07 PM.
Old 2012-07-03, 02:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #934
VaderShake
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by AirFell View Post
Wow, sums up my thoughts/feelings on the Battlefield/Planetside things as well. Well said man.

I have been gaming over 30 years and I have watched how in the last 10 the large publishers have gobbled up devs and pumped into customers heads that they are not customers but "players, community, vets, ect." and by doing so have effectively removed themselves from the responsibility of delivering a quality product they can stand behind to a paying customer and be accountable for.

I'm sick of it.

It's happening everywhere, we are just being force fed to accept whatever as long as our credit card goes through.

The best part is the companies simply turn you into a villain if you disagree with them or try and buy you off by offiring some "free" swag or just try and shut you up. I won't even mention the droves of people (mostly under 25) who are clueless to consumer economics and how marketing works. They are not drinking the coolaide they have it in an IV bag.

The whole Kony thing was a great example, yes Kony is horrible......but guess what kids....there has been a tyranical, violent, dispicable warlord somewhere in Africa forever and until those in Africa want to change their culture all your money and all the bombs in the world won't change anything......Kony now,Pony later, and Hony in 20 years....until Africa changes.

Stop drinking the coolaide yall..think for yourself, learn your history, take the headphones out of your ears and listen....

Ok.....soap box speech over.....
Old 2012-07-03, 02:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #935
bjorntju1
Captain

Excite! However the chance isn't really big I get invited, since it is very small. there is a chance :P
Old 2012-07-03, 03:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #936
Zalmoxis
Sergeant

Originally Posted by VaderShake View Post
I have been gaming over 30 years and I have watched how in the last 10 the large publishers have gobbled up devs and pumped into customers heads that they are not customers but "players, community, vets, ect." and by doing so have effectively removed themselves from the responsibility of delivering a quality product they can stand behind to a paying customer and be accountable for.

I'm sick of it.

It's happening everywhere, we are just being force fed to accept whatever as long as our credit card goes through.

The best part is the companies simply turn you into a villain if you disagree with them or try and buy you off by offiring some "free" swag or just try and shut you up. I won't even mention the droves of people (mostly under 25) who are clueless to consumer economics and how marketing works. They are not drinking the coolaide they have it in an IV bag.

The whole Kony thing was a great example, yes Kony is horrible......but guess what kids....there has been a tyranical, violent, dispicable warlord somewhere in Africa forever and until those in Africa want to change their culture all your money and all the bombs in the world won't change anything......Kony now,Pony later, and Hony in 20 years....until Africa changes.

Stop drinking the coolaide yall..think for yourself, learn your history, take the headphones out of your ears and listen....

I've been gaming since Duck Hunt came in my country and I fail to see the point of your post.
Old 2012-07-03, 03:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #937
Sephirex
Major

Originally Posted by Zalmoxis View Post
I've been gaming since Duck Hunt came in my country and I fail to see the point of your post.
You're obviously part of the 'system'.
Old 2012-07-03, 03:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #938
OnexBigxHebrew
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by VaderShake View Post

I'm sick of it.

Gotta love your passion, and I agree with a lot of what you say. However, for someone who "understands" consumer electronics and marketing works so well, you sure have ignored it's inevitability by posting this huge rant about consumerism.

BTW, releasing a niche flop ≠ developer love, and commercial success ≠ lieing and money grabbing. Both happen, but let's not pretend that there aren't developers, both successful and not, that don't make games in a way that they absolutely love. Look at Gears of War 3 and EPIC's decision to use dedicated servers for consoles, though it cost them more money and provided something quality and was demanded by just a small number of the crowd that's become accustomed to being stuck with hosting.

Also, being under 25 is not a causative factor in, nor is it excusable, in terms of ignorance. I have a Marketing degree, and I'll have my second at 25.

So many people around here have intelligent things to say without the objectivity to say them.

IN OTHER NEWS, THANK YOOOUUUUU SMEDLEY! LMAO!

Last edited by OnexBigxHebrew; 2012-07-03 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Whoops!
Old 2012-07-03, 03:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #939
SmallBird
Private

Post Re: *** PlanetSide 2 Ultimate Beta FAQ ***

So, planetside 2 dot com is down for maintenance...

SOON(tm).

^^^^ (that's what I've been doing since I got my beta key June 12th).
Old 2012-07-03, 03:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #940
Bravix
Sergeant Major

Marked As Vet: How Do We Know!?

Title says it all. It's easy to say, 'wait and see', but I'm sure everyone here would hate to not get into early beta just because the billing team down at SOE messed up and didn't mark your account as a veteran account.

There have been similar threads, but I haven't seen any info from the devs regarding how to make sure your account has been marked correctly.

I know that people who put in beta keys are shown as having an 'active' account.

I'm still inactive, despite being a planetside vet. As far as I know, everyone I've talked to (who hasn't used a key) is in the same position.

I suppose the question is...when SHOULD it say, "Active", or if we'd be receiving keys via email, how do we make sure we're correctly marked?

I would imagine it'd be pretty easy to mark everyone who's a planetside vet (I know I could do it in a database, not sure how SOE does it though.) I'm just paranoid that I won't get marked and I'll miss out on my beloved Planetside 2 experience for a while
Old 2012-07-03, 03:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #941
Tsunami
Corporal

Beta, When Do You Want Ift?

When do people expect Beta? Give your date month/day/year.
Old 2012-07-03, 03:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #942
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

being slower than the mods, this post is now about ducks.
Old 2012-07-03, 03:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #943
Sempars
Private

Re: Beta, When Do You Want Ift?

I got $20 says it will be 30 days from July 1st
Old 2012-07-03, 03:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #944
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Beta, When Do You Want Ift?

Originally Posted by Sempars View Post
I got $20 says it will be 30 days from July 1st
There's a necro-worthy thread over in the Lounge if you want to play that game -

http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...ad.php?t=42471

For the record, I think my number's lookin' pretttttty good.
Old 2012-07-03, 03:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #945
AvacadoEight
First Sergeant

Planetside 2's website is down too. Maybe things are happening. Much more soon than we thought.

I hope so, at least :P. I've been playing DayZ ( Arma II mod ) for a few weeks now. Im so bored...
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion