News: Resolved - PS2 Region - Page 63 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: My Video card is bigger then your Video card.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-03-15, 04:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #931
IronMole
Sergeant Major

Re: PlanetSide 2 Region Lock (SOE is working on Resolution)

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
It won;'t divide the entire community into two though.

I imagine we'll have east, west USA servers, then a european one, at the very least.
Didn't say it will divide them in to two.
Old 2012-03-15, 05:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #932
Vancha
Colonel

Yes, but a region lock isn't going to divide the community in two...
Actually, as an EU WoW player that plays on US servers, I'd say it will. The divide between EU and US WoW always felt much larger than the divide between Markov, Emerald and Werner in Planetside.

Here's another interesting thing though...There are multiple times I would have resubscribed to WoW to play with EU friends from other games, but didn't, because I was region locked. The region lock actually lost Blizzard at least $50 of my money and possibly far, far more (and before you say it, the same would have applied if I were locked into EU servers).

Then you have the whole dead servers at certain times of the day thing, which I must have mentioned in this thread already at some point.
Old 2012-03-15, 08:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #933
Shogun
Contributor
General

i find the lack of updates on this subject disturbing.

got the impression smed is trying to sit this out.
seems like they worked something out that is even worse and know that telling us the details would summon another epic bloody shitstorm, so they try if we just forget about the issue.
smed promised "more details to follow". he broke this promise.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2012-03-15, 08:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #934
Monkey
Private

I'm probably one of the few that this won't affect much. I'm in the UK, I always played on Werner when I was playing PS1 (The time difference to the US is too much of a bother), and probably wouldn't change that in PS2. I don't like the idea though for everyone else's sake though.
Old 2012-03-15, 08:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #935
DayOne
Captain

Originally Posted by Monkey View Post
I'm probably one of the few that this won't affect much. I'm in the UK, I always played on Werner when I was playing PS1 (The time difference to the US is too much of a bother), and probably wouldn't change that in PS2. I don't like the idea though for everyone else's sake though.
There's probably a LOT of people it wont directly affect but it's still an issue.

Even if you just play late or midday then you could jump onto a US server and have a big pop rather than play with the 4 other people online on the EU server.
Old 2012-03-15, 08:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #936
Monkey
Private

True, but considering the player I am, I like playing in the same persistant world my main character is in.
Old 2012-03-16, 01:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #937
Kran De Loy
Captain

Infos are yet to be had.

Old 2012-03-16, 04:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #938
Skitrel
Contributor
Captain

That's actually three.

I don't support it (I'd lovefor you to show me where I said I support this), but I'm pointing it out it is not cutting it in half

-_-
My bad. Misread!

Mod: /r/gamernews
Join The Enclave: http://www.enclaveoilrig.com
Old 2012-03-18, 01:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #939
Kran De Loy
Captain

Okay's it's been 48 hours since my last post here.

Haul this thing back to the surface.

Give us INFOS!
Old 2012-03-18, 10:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #940
PredatorFour
Major

How long ago was it that Smed tweeted that they SOE and ProS are working sommats out ??? It is dragging on.. why is it dragging on ?? There`s gotta be a reason and i hope its for the best not the worst. Are they really still negotiating after all this time??
Old 2012-03-18, 11:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #941
Kran De Loy
Captain

Smed tweeted that everyone could play together on Feb 27th. So three weeks ago from tomorrow.

Including GDC and understanding that these things take time is no excuse for playing mum on it entirely. Even if they're still working out all the details is no reason for him to not be able to reveal the important part to us. Just what form is this 'Everyone gets to play together' solution is going to take?

Only three reasons to not reveal that part that I can come up with.
1) He's scared that once he says something a bit more concrete PSS1 may demand that some small part of it gets changed then he'd have to take his word back for it.
2) Whatever form the solution is taking is going to just going to piss off the community all over again and PSS1 or someone else higher up than Smed is forcing him to keep a lid on it to keep the community from panicking. (Think back to Playstation Network getting hacked and they waited for a stupidly long time to make any statements about the downed service at all for a ridiculously long time).
3) There is no deal and Smed either on his own initiative or again forced by someone over his head to appease the community even if it meant having to lie through his teeth just to shut everyone up before GDC.

The first option is by and far the most likely, but that until he can tell us about the solution options 2 and 3 are still very real possibilities. Which is why I really really really really really (can't stress this enough) want to know what the hell is going on.
Old 2012-03-18, 11:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #942
megamold
Second Lieutenant

well they allready lost some money by keeping us (or me atleast) in the dark on this issue, and other issues regarding the pro7 situation

i would have gladly smacked down 100$ for some station cash with the 2x deal yesterday, but i aint spending money on things i might not be able to use so...
Old 2012-03-18, 02:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #943
SgtMAD
Captain

you ppl let yourselves be "managed",you should have never let up until you had a concrete answer.

some PR flack advised them to make a vague statement via twitter and all the pressure dropped off.
Old 2012-03-18, 02:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #944
Hyncharas
First Sergeant

Part of the issues has always been a strange trading relationship between Europe and the US; all software and electronics that comes out of North America gets charged for twice when being shipped to Europe, so I guess EU countries are fighting back with their own restrictions.

The problem that should be solved is for the US government to abolish this double-charge, then players from both sides of the Atlantic wouldn't be penalised just for enjoying the same content.

Last edited by Hyncharas; 2012-03-18 at 02:42 PM.
Old 2012-03-18, 05:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #945
Skitrel
Contributor
Captain

Originally Posted by megamold View Post
well they allready lost some money by keeping us (or me atleast) in the dark on this issue, and other issues regarding the pro7 situation

i would have gladly smacked down 100$ for some station cash with the 2x deal yesterday, but i aint spending money on things i might not be able to use so...
I put money down despite being UK. If I'm not able to use it playing the US guys on their(and my own) intended server then I'll happily be reversing that payment through my bank. Nothing they can do to stop that.

I agree though. Bump for great justice, we need word on this asap. Things are far too quiet.

Mod: /r/gamernews
Join The Enclave: http://www.enclaveoilrig.com
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion