Vanu weapon recoil - Page 7 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: NC: Nice Crack
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-07-24, 08:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #91
WVoneseven
Corporal

Re: Vanu weapon recoil

Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
I don't agree with the presumption that NC weapons are 'scrappy'. I mean corporate armies tend to have the newest shit.
I guess I just pictured say the Talibans stash of US bought Russian weapons which have been around since forever. Old kalashnikov covered in scratches and chips etc etc. Not so much scrappy but less thoroughly maintained than the weapons of the republic forces. More rugged and showing their use. (remembers those guns are the workhorse of the military world and still survive because of their brute operational prowess)

Last edited by WVoneseven; 2012-07-24 at 08:30 AM.
Old 2012-07-24, 01:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #92
Rasui
Sergeant

Originally Posted by WVoneseven View Post
Its pretty derpy when you compare it to TR and NC...

ACCURACY REFERS TO THE BARREL TO CROSS-HAIR LINE.

NC - First few bullets are highly accurate at first but become erratic with sustained fire due to the unreliability of the weapons.

TR - TR bullets are slightly less accurate than NC burst rounds but are lighter and have lower drop as well as having a higher sustainable accuracy.

VS - Rounds are perfectly accurate and always hit the cross-hair with no drop and no cone.

RECOIL REFERS TO THE MOVEMENT OF THE BARREL UNDER SUSTAINED FIRE

NC - First few rounds again display little recoil maybe feeling like the mechanism of HK G11 having no recoil for a burst fire.

TR- have a hire burst recoil but their guns are lighter and more manageable and so they can be brought under control with susstained fire (effectively the soldier jolts from inertia of burst but pushes in and suppresses recoil effectively)

VS - throwing hot plasma and pure energy out of your gun is a new and unfamiliar tech to humanity and hence the gun tends to be a little less controllable maybe similar to the plasma rifle of halo being both accurate but not effective at sustained fire.

RATE OF FIRE.

NC- lowest rate of fire as a result of heavier larger rounds and more unreliable guns.

TR- well maintained military light round rifles have higher and more reliable ROF

VS- Energy weapons are again new tech so they are slower than TR but they are in better condition and are more reliable than NC scrap guns.

DAMAGE PER ROUND ALSO OBVIOUS.

NC- large calibre rounds and large bore rifles provide stopping power to every bullet a NC soldier sends down range.

TR- TR guns rely on their reliability and ease of use and cost efficiency which has meant the adoption of lighter rounds causing less damage per round.

VS - The energy rounds of the vanu tech lack the mass and kinetic energy of the NC rounds but due to the heat and energy they transfer they still pack a hefty punch.

CONCLUSION.

NC- New conglomerate weapons will require burst fire shooting as they will become erratic and unpredictable under any sort of sustained fire. They do high damage per shot but the rounds need to be placed properly promoting ambushing and movement.

TR- Terran republic weapons lack the immediate accuracy and punch of the NC but remain accurate over longer periods of time. Because of this the Terran will be best suited to the use of direct frontal assault and suppressive fire-power as they will be able to maintain consistent fire.

VS- Vanu weapon style are a little less black and white than NC or TR. Their round for round accuracy is high which suggests to me that VS might be must successful at firing single rounds at medium range as a hunter fires at a catch. Concentrating on semi-automatic fire to keep the untamed energy weapons at bay. This would promote tactical awareness of the entire surrounding as well as self preservation. A VS player running and gunning into a room of NC will be mowed down quickly so he must hang back and assess. A VS being too uncarefull with his shot placcement will also be unable to negate the suppression of the TR. This all sounds negative but I belive it suits the VS mindset (Though I'm NC through and through)

TLDR: Vanu have HIGH recoil and I believe they will need to rely on thoughtful semi-automatic use of their guns to achieve the best results.
This is my understanding as well, though you put it better than I could have. I also agree with your assessment that it sounds somewhat negative. It has me worried.

Originally Posted by Kalbuth View Post
Yes, that's what I understood, VS weapons are "precise" because they hit on the crosshair and don't have any bullet drop over distance, but they have high recoil.

Just watch the video, very often, VS "bullets" go all over the place in sustained fire.
This matches what I've seen as well. It's why I've been so concerned. What good is high 'accuracy' if you still spray everywhere? Perhaps the cone is tight if you fire in bursts?

Last edited by Rasui; 2012-07-24 at 01:58 PM.
Old 2012-07-24, 02:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #93
soulsurfsublime
Corporal

I am looking through the PC gamer I got a beta key from in march and it has that exact chart and says its for Planetside 2's differences. So I read it as Vanu has good accuracy, bad recoil, a low rof, and medium damage.

Last edited by soulsurfsublime; 2012-07-24 at 02:39 PM.
Old 2012-07-24, 06:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #94
Pyreal
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Reizod View Post
^^^This

The high/good accuracy means low/non existent recoil. To give something the label of high accuracy, the amount of recoil is considered. They go hand and hand.

So hopefully this answers your questions OP.

They obviously don't go 'hand and hand' when they are listed separately. Now if they were listed as 'Accuracy/Recoil' then you could so they crossed the bridge 'hand in hand'.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion