New Tower "Barriers" - Page 7 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Look behind you! Got ya!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-02-01, 08:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #91
Hamma
PSU Admin

Re: New Tower "Barriers"

Pretty much

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-02-02, 08:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #92
Figment
Lieutenant General

Re: New Tower "Barriers"

Aside from the lag and crash bugs, which I'm sure will get fixed, here's some feedback on all the recent building changes:

Regarding all:
The Restricted Areas might be a tad much. Granted, there's little need for being there aside from camping, but last stand's are broken off as well post-capture. Those won't last long anyway. This pain field could be tied to the SCU perhaps?

New mini-spawn buildings:
As predicted, still too small, so it's quite easy to spam the entire thing (also, one HE hit somewhere on the building throws off everyone's aim, of course it's constant as usual). Still too easy to camp simply due to location.

New Mediocre outpost buildings (typically next to bases):
Decent changes, much easier to kill from, finally able to get back to the top (Stairs! an amazing invention, not?). Unfortunately still doesn't help if you're defending "over here", while the control point is being taken "over there". With the low TTK, it's impossible to make a run for the CC, there's just Prowlers and crossfire campers everywhere in between.

Biolab - ground-to-airpad elevator update:
Nifty garage parking spot for AMSes. Good call. Could be a bit longer so the rear doesn't stick out so much, but it's a decent covered spot.

New walls:
Hip height ballustrades between the parapet walls please. Engineer sitting behind the turret is extremely easy to hit right now, could do with a bit of cover. We're going for headshots anyway, but an engineer's body should be covered better in a crouched position.

Defender only jumppads are a definite improvement. However, you might want to check if you can reach accross all of them properly.

I'd personally like to see a walkway over the courtyard shield entrances, much like over the open entrances.

Speaking of open entrances, I've taken Nott 4 times today. 3 times using the tunnels underneath the walls. The actual CY gates were pretty much entirely ignored by us. Wasn't helped by the fact some 50m next to the CY gate there's this huge gaping hole between towers and then another gaping hole and a tunnel between the next towers...

That's... a bit silly.

I still find the overall length of the walls (approximatly a kilometer) a bit much. You usualy don't encounter more than 200 players in an area, including friendlies. They're spread out too much.

Watchtowers:
Top level: seems okay, but could potentially have a bit wider floors so High Explosives from airborne units aren't as killing as people arn't packed as tightly. All in all, still an improvement. Perhaps some crennels or loopholes wouldn't hurt? Nice to see the little door-roofs have been added.

Mid Level spawn exit: good to see that we're not dropping in front of a firing squad anymore and can actually return up if you're LA. Perhaps an idea to use a stairwell here in the middle and a terminal in between the two, joining the two bottom exits with the stair in the middle?

Also nice to see some more blast walls in here, closing off various areas more from the outside. I'm not entirely certain how they'll all play out, especially with underslung grenade launchers in mind, but it seems like a potential good thing.

Upwards from spawns is a big improvement. No more camping the players that pop out like whack-a-mole.

New Forward Barracks (Base spawns):
Equipment terms on upper level: good! Don't think these were there before. Help a lot for resupply.

Walkways around the barracks: decent, do wonder why some parts of the walkway have no ballustrade (whether semi-open or closed). Closed is preferable, though semi open could be interesting with regards to spotting threats. Completely open is a tad dangerous. Good that the merlons are added as blast walls in front of the doors. Not just to have one sided camping removed, but also because it creates a double choke point out of one.

I've noticed the usage of chaingun turrets has increased drastically. What is annoying that since AV turrets hurt infantry (and air if you're lucky enough) for one shot kills, chaingun turrets don't do any damage to vehicles. I'd rather see that changed to a tickledeath. That goes for all bullets really, especially the Kobalt vehicle gun as well: Even if it would do next to no damage to vehicles, it might be enough to finish something off after you ran out of missiles and it would make players feel it's a bit more useful tool.

On some buildings in Esamir, I've seen the barracks have a closed top barrier towards the nearest tower. In fact, the tower itself cannot be climbed from this side. It's now easier to reach by attackers than friendlies.

New Tunnels
They don't show on the map if you're in it, especially if they'll get more complex over time, you'll want to look into that. Perhaps put some plaques on the wall with symbols of where the tunnels lead?

All in all, why tunnels if you could do the exact same thing, but quicker, with teleporters underneath the same areas?

The connection sofar hasn't helped us, since the exits are always camped by the time you use them. Before that, you tend to use Sunderers. If you're going to keep these, the ones that pop out on the wall have very little cover around them when people pop out. It's quite simple to lay C4 at these exits and wait for people to jump out. Should be even easier with an underslang grenade launcher and an ammo pack.

Would much rather have two-way tunnels with the spawnroom in or underneath the actual base, connecting all important objectives.

Tech Plant:
New entry points up high: good. But. Since you can access the Tech Plant through multiple open points now, why not move the shield gens back inside? Especially now that the vehicle points are on the far side from the spawns? The top and bottom still feel very disconnected though. Would still have been nice had the midlevel been used as the spawnroom area.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion