Smedley: "Bigots, homophobes, racists, anti-semites and general jerks not welcome" - Page 7 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The only place where grief points add up
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-09-03, 09:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #91
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

Re: Smedley: "Bigots, homophobes, racists, anti-semites and general jerks not welcome

The Enclave can talk all day about how they have minorities in their outfit, but minorities are capable of being bigots too, and the outfit's past speaks for itself. They teamkill-bombed an in-game funeral for a guy who had a heart attack playing PlanetSide, posted videos of it and generally laughed the whole time they did it. They thrive on negative attention.

Their application board is full of denials based upon sexuality, race, and gender, and routinely make fun of applicants by implying that they're mentally disabled.

Now, this is completely within The Enclave's right. It's also within SOE's right to ban people who act this way from their game.

So, The Enclave can clean up its act or they can get kicked out of the game.

I, personally, applaud Smed for putting his foot down about this stuff.

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!
Old 2012-09-03, 09:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #92
Morsong
Sergeant

Re: Smedley: "Bigots, homophobes, racists, anti-semites and general jerks not welcome

Originally Posted by Electrofreak View Post
The Enclave can talk all day about how they have minorities in their outfit, but minorities are capable of being bigots too, and the outfit's past speaks for itself. They teamkill-bombed an in-game funeral for a guy who had a heart attack playing PlanetSide, posted videos of it and generally laughed the whole time they did it. They thrive on negative attention.

Their application board is full of denials based upon sexuality, race, and gender, and routinely make fun of applicants by implying that they're mentally disabled.

Now, this is completely within The Enclave's right. It's also within SOE's right to ban people who act this way from their game.

So, The Enclave can clean up its act or they can get kicked out of the game.

I, personally, applaud Smed for putting his foot down about this stuff.
+1. Fully agree. Plus from what I've read is it true that the Enclave knowingly carpet bombed an in-game funeral for a 15 yr old? I don't care what their opinion on if there should be in-game funerals or not, or whether they thought it was funny, but quite frankly that's just disgusting and embarrassing.

I play a game to have fun. Rarely do I get worked up over stuff that happens in-game and laugh off a death streak or something. When there's people yelling, and I really mean yelling at other people in-game, it really takes the fun out of it I think. It's a game for crying out loud. Not a real war. It's almost disturbing to a certain point.

Then again they have a right to run their own rules as long as it doesn't violate the game's rules whether we like it or not. Just my opinion anyway on why I don't like playing with people who use excessive foul language or whatnot, and this post isn't directed at buzzcutpsycho or anyone in particular btw, just people in general.

Last edited by Morsong; 2012-09-03 at 09:57 AM.
Old 2012-09-03, 09:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #93
TE ArmaGetItOn
Private

Originally Posted by Emperor Newt View Post
Just got to know about this and checked out some of the links. Found the following entry at the YouTube funeral bombing video:

"BuzzCutPsycho: Me? I'm glad that little shit is dead."

That's more telling then anything else posted in the reddit thread.
One could still argue that the funeral bombing was trolling, although that is hiiiiighly debateable. But this is not about being funny, not about being trolls. That's just about being an idiot, asshole or whatever you might call it.
No "smear campaign" needed.
You just got done digging up dirt that is several years old. That defines smear campaigning, you moron.
Old 2012-09-03, 09:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #94
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

While locking this thread is not really an option, I think it's far past the point where it stopped being a PlanetSide 2 Discussion.

This subforum fits it more.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2012-09-03, 09:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #95
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by TE ArmaGetItOn View Post
You just got done digging up dirt that is several years old. That defines smear campaigning, you moron.
How is that smear campaigning?! You reap what you sow. On the internet, everything is forever, and if you do something despicable, you can be held accountable for it indefinitely.

Buzzcut could always create himself a new handle and be someone else entirely, if he wanted. He hasn't, so that pretty much speaks for itself.

Old 2012-09-03, 10:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #96
ziegler
Master Sergeant

So, The Enclave can clean up its act (INSIDE OF THE GAME) or they can get kicked out of the game.
added that little part in there for you. As I think Smeds said he couldnt do anything about what they do outside of the game.

As far as trashing an ingame funeral....it's not like that hasnt happened in other games...seems I heard a bunch rage about a funeral an marrige or three getting the same treatment on PVP servers in WoW.
Old 2012-09-03, 10:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #97
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by ziegler View Post
added that little part in there for you. As I think Smeds said he couldnt do anything about what they do outside of the game.

As far as trashing an ingame funeral....it's not like that hasnt happened in other games...seems I heard a bunch rage about a funeral an marrige or three getting the same treatment on PVP servers in WoW.
I don't think you understand. Smed can't do anything about what they say outside of the game as they have the right to act however they want.

However, Smed can ban them for what they do outside the game. It's his game.

That's why it doesn't matter if it's inside the game or not. Smed has every right to kick anyone he wants from his product.

So no, The Enclave will clean up their act in-game or out, or be banned. It's as simple as that.

As for bombing in-game funerals, where do you think it started? The Enclave have actually bragged about being the first to do it.

Last edited by Electrofreak; 2012-09-03 at 10:08 AM.
Old 2012-09-03, 10:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #98
WiteBeam
Second Lieutenant

Don't try to have a funeral in a game that celebrates death and war. What do you expect?
Stop being a bunch of cry babies and play the game. You all crying about Buzz and TE sound like a bunch of teen girls.
Old 2012-09-03, 10:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #99
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by WiteBeam View Post
Don't try to have a funeral in a game that celebrates death and war. What do you expect?
Stop being a bunch of cry babies and play the game. You all crying about Buzz and TE sound like a bunch of teen girls.

You must be pretty far removed from reality not to understand the difference between the death of a friend IRL, and the death of an avatar in a video game.

Get a grip, and quit trying to justify a shameful act. Or, go ahead, keep telling yourself it's funny, but understand that the vast majority of us disagree.

I don't see anyone crying except for The Enclave here; this thread is full of defensive posts from its members trying to justify their actions.

I suggest you all just shut up, quit making excuses, and start to act like men instead of teenagers making fun of other people in high school. Or, again, you can keep on acting this way and get banned. Frankly I'd rather you do the former so I have more targets to throw bullets at in-game.

Last edited by Electrofreak; 2012-09-03 at 10:30 AM.
Old 2012-09-03, 10:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #100
HeatLegend
Master Sergeant

I'm their arch enemy and while I don't really -defend- them; I don't see the reason why people make such a huge deal out of it.
Old 2012-09-03, 10:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #101
WiteBeam
Second Lieutenant

You must be pretty far removed from reality not to understand the difference between the death of a friend IRL, and the death of an avatar in a video game.

Get a grip, and quit trying to justify a shameful act. Or, go ahead, keep telling yourself it's funny, but understand that the vast majority of us disagree.

I don't see anyone crying except for The Enclave here; this thread is full of defensive posts from its members trying to justify their actions.

I suggest you all just shut up, quit making excuses, and start to act like men instead of teenagers making fun of other people in high school. Or, again, you can keep on acting this way and get banned. Frankly I'd rather you do the former so I have more targets to throw bullets at in-game.
Get over it.
Go vote for Obama, care bear.
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-09-03, 10:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #102
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Could have had that funeral in sanc where weapons are disabled. Just say'n.
Old 2012-09-03, 10:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #103
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by TE ArmaGetItOn View Post
Buzz reply is a day old.

Nobody is digging old stuff up. We just show that a whole bunch of your outfit is a bunch of ******* for plenty of years now, and you clearly havent changed in the slightest.
Old 2012-09-03, 10:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #104
Stormhall

To the shitheads above basti. STFU.
Old 2012-09-03, 10:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #105
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
Could have had that funeral in sanc where weapons are disabled. Just say'n.
Are you kidding me?

They were under the dome for a reason, to prevent any random fighting. You went in there and TEAMKILLED them all.

Knowing you, you would have went ahead and just galbombed the whole thing, if it would have happend in Sanc.

Stop trying to defend yourself, you cant. You lost all respect with your past actions, whatever you say is null and void. You lost the game, ages ago.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion