Don't dumb down PS2 - Page 7 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Got medkits?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-07, 08:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #91
Buggsy
Sergeant Major

Re: Don't dumb down PS2

Originally Posted by Stew View Post
bf3 FPS mechanics are better than BF2 caracter moovement are betters , vehicules controles are better etc..

everything related to the actual gameplays BF3 is better

Battlefield 2 was better on one level Mortar batteries that can be destroy / repairs and a Comanders who lead the team and call strategics strike

Battlefield 3 flaws are mainly on the comunnication tools and confusing compass around the minimaps ,

But mostly everything as been improove if you denied thats you are NO battlefield 2 vets and you know nothing about BF series ive play them all from bf1942 to vietnam to Bf2 + expansion to BF2MC To BfBC (xbox360) to BFBC2 (pc) to BF3 (pc)

So i know what iam talking about people who get mad at every gameplay mechanics changes are mostly Lazy oldschoolers who dont want change in their games

These people should Love call of duty series because this series as never change since MW1 each games are copy and pastes of the others so on and on and on and on !

Iam glad the BF series as a certain evolution in term of graphics and gameplay mechanics

But i dont like How the comunication sythem always depend on 3d spottong mainly ! I think a solid VOIP was needed and also a leadership roles to help to structure and guides peoples and to improove the team work

But other than that BF3 have solids maps solids FPS mechanics , graphics , sounds , caracter moovement , and and so on

If you denied that i cant help you buddy i simply cant !
ignore list #4
Old 2012-07-07, 08:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #92
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by lawnmower View Post
and how is lowering the speed (often to 0), having a zoom, and having a wait before you can start shooting increasing the skill required?

i doubt you have any meaningful source for that.
and most people are casuals who hasnt even known anything but the current feel.
its also easier which is in general just a good thing for them

For you this isnt quick enough lol you make me laugh HARD
Old 2012-07-07, 08:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #93
TAA
Staff Sergeant

I should have been playing this game in French all along!
Old 2012-07-07, 10:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #94
ChookWantan
Corporal

How could you ignore Stew! Thats such a sad thought
Old 2012-07-07, 10:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #95
SixShooter
Captain

Originally Posted by ChookWantan View Post
How could you ignore Stew! Thats such a sad thought
Buggsy is on a RAMPAGE today

Old 2012-07-07, 10:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #96
lawnmower
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Stew View Post
BF3 conquest with Klito ,skoob and delta - YouTube

For you this isnt quick enough lol you make me laugh HARD
you make me laugh hard if this is quick enough for you. that game is not quick, what are you talkinga bout.
also this was a comment about aiming down sights
Old 2012-07-07, 10:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #97
GreatMazinkaise
Captain

Did you mean strafing and jumpshooting gaming? Twitching your aim onto the target is just as important in ADS gameplay. In a technical sense,, ADS may "hobble" you by forcing you to stop/walk to get a good shot, but that shouldn't be taken as a negative, it's my firm belief that most people are not looking for the ability to fire while moving quickly. But as you say - character customization affects this, because things like MAXes will surely be able to fire while moving.
You still can't fire while sprinting, so I hardly think that asking for effective non-ADS shooting while crawling along at regular speed is "firing while moving quickly", and obviously MAX units can fire while moving. I'm not asking for being able to make headshots across the SOI at some glowing triangle (which, as you pointed out, is a bad BF3/BC2 mechanic), but if I can see a toon and read its name I ought to be able to land most of my shots even while moving. The Sweeper's default CoF in PS1 should be what your crosshairs look like while at rest (with the proper certs/customizations).

No, I shall stand! Sitting is for the weak and feeble.

Last edited by GreatMazinkaise; 2012-07-07 at 11:05 PM.
Old 2012-07-07, 10:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #98
Zebasiz
Corporal

On the subject of squad spawning:
While yes, the form of squad spawn I just saw in that BF video is VERY silly. Popping into existance right next to the guy, even indoors.
We already know and have video evidence that the PS2 squad spawn is VERY different. I don't know if the BF3 spawn has a timer, but I know PS2 does, of several minutes. Also the PS2 spawn can only be outdoors, nother improvement over BF3.
And probably most important: as mentioned, spawning in BF appears to be instant appearence. While PS2 involves big flaming drop-pods falling from the sky for all to see and landing with a visable and sizeable "explosion". So it doesn't seam to have much more stealth than a galaxy drop.

Also, again, I don't know the mechanics of other games, but we also don't know the full mechanics of PS2 squad spawn. Perhaps only 1 person in the squad will be "Squad spawnable" onto. So squadmates can't just spawn onto whoever has the cert. (again, don't know how it works in other games)

So it doesn't appear that squad spawning will be too much of a threat, Yes they could suprize attack a base with a group spawn onto an infiltrator, but that's just one squad. You can also rush a galaxy with more people and have similar advantage.
Also, do we even know if it's possible to do that? Can the squad just choose, while alive, to spawn somewhere far away? (where the spawn guy is) Or do they need to be close? Say within the SOI or within the Hex? Can the entire squad spawn at once? Or one at a time? These are the points I see making any difference. But other than that, Squad spawning looks nothing like what I saw in that BF3 video Stew just posted. (I'm aware Stew posted the video in reference to ADS, I'm just talking about what I saw in it.)
Old 2012-07-07, 11:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #99
Reefpirate
Corporal

What is this thread? I mean... What? Ok it's about whining... But, huh?
Old 2012-07-07, 11:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #100
somers
Corporal

Originally Posted by whymad View Post
OP I share your same fears,but this game is beyond dumbed down, and there's no changing it. This is what $OE wants they don't care about what us veterans want they are catering to the COD/BF kiddies since they have the $$.
Jesus Christ shut the fuck up, if you aren't going to be productive about the topic stop posting.

SOE obviously doesn't care much about money since it is a FREE-TO-PLAY game with a cash shop that will provide very little income. They have to cater to other fans or else the game will end up like PS1 where the fan base dropped a year after the game released, so they need lots of players for this to be a successful game. The game also hasn't been dumbed down; here's some EXAMPLES- actual bullet physics, better net-code, multiple hit-boxes, classes so you can't specialize in everything like in PS1, and CUSTOMIZATION...

Originally Posted by Buggsy View Post
ignore list #4
Coding inside Buggsy's brain- (logic opposite from my standpoint and comes from someone else = ignore them and be a pretentious douche)

Also Stew... even though your English is bad... I love you
Old 2012-07-08, 12:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #101
Maticus
Private

Look unless planteside 2 is just simply planetside 1 re-released with NO updates this guy wont be happy, just let it go you won't change his mind
Old 2012-07-08, 12:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #102
somers
Corporal

Originally Posted by Reefpirate View Post
Yeah I wouldn't even bother with reading it, it's quite stupid and the thread should be closed. P.S. OP is an angry person who joined today just to complain about how he thinks it is dumbed down, yet hasn't played it himself
Old 2012-07-08, 12:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #103
TheSaltySeagull
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Reefpirate View Post
Its a troll thread. I mean its fairly obvious the OP is trolling(or an idiot but I give him the benefit of the doubt and say troll). His points are all over the place first ranting about D3 then saying that anybody who post on PSU automatically hates any "modern shooters" or else we would be playing them and not posting here. Then he goes off about how squad spawning and galaxies somehow negates every single possible infantry tactic and then he ignores anybody who disagrees with him.

I mean he ignored STEW! Stews post are like half the reason I read this forum. Only a troll would dare ignore him!

Last edited by TheSaltySeagull; 2012-07-08 at 12:05 AM.
Old 2012-07-08, 12:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #104
GLaDOS
Staff Sergeant

I feel a little pathetic for joining in on this, but I can't help myself:

So you're basically saying that squad spawning will ruin the game. Well, let's review what we know about squad spawning.

1. You will not be able to spawn on everyone in your squad, either only certed people or the squad leader.

2. You will squad spawn down in a noisy, partially flaming drop pod that reveals you and your squad mate's position.

3. There will be a several minute cooldown on squad spawning.

4. Absolutely s**t else.

So, as you can see, we know very little about this "game-ruining" squad spawning, and we will continue to until the beta, when it very well might change. On another note, I didn't play the first Planetside, but I'm pretty sure nothing stopped you from putting an AMS in a Lodestar and flying it around.

EDIT: I might have missed or just not know about some little features of squad spawning, but I'm pretty sure I covered it all.

ANOTHER EDIT: ^ You're right, this probably is just a troll thread. Now I feel silly.

Last edited by GLaDOS; 2012-07-08 at 12:16 AM.
Old 2012-07-08, 12:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #105
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

My new go-to forum logic:

1. You're here on the forums instead of doing [THING]. (premise)
2. So [THING] obviously sucks. (from 1.)

I think I have just found my Internet Warrior Win Button.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion