Second Favourite Faction? - Page 7 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Donate $1 to PSU to buy Squeeky a new video card.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-17, 04:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #91
Zhane
Staff Sergeant

Re: Second Favourite Faction?

For me, NC = TR >>> VS
Old 2012-06-17, 04:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #92
GuyFawkes
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Soyokaze View Post
I bleed purple, but I can at least sympathize with the NC. Hell had the fictions been depicted in PS1 as they are PS2, I probably would've been NC. (Everything you've heard about Vanu cults is horrible propaganda)

But I don't understand how anyone - anyone plays TR. You're a fascist. You're objectively fascist. Your entire goal is to deny people self-government. What the hell?
If anyone really cared about the BS lore , all 3 are fascist with their own ideals : 1 is keeping the old order intact , 1 is a set of mercenarial capitalist scum, and 1 is a group of brainwashed neo-religious nuts.

Back on topic : 1st faction = TR , 2nd fav faction = dead one in front of me

edit : while I dislike the other 2 empires, I still have respect for them . The real enemy are the spineless 4th empire and those with a 2nd favorite

Last edited by GuyFawkes; 2012-06-17 at 04:24 PM.
Old 2012-06-17, 04:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #93
IceyCold
Master Sergeant

NC is the only faction for me.

I mean really, why would I side with fascists and fanatics? Free living, free enterprise, free world; accept nothing less.
Old 2012-06-17, 05:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #94
Khoklachev
Private

Originally Posted by Mechzz View Post
OK, on the NC thread, seen a few comments like "if I can't play NC then I'll play TR/VS". Some people give a reason such as "if NC was overpopulated, then I'd play the most under-populated faction cos I like to play the underdog".

I'm interested to know how peeps feel on this.

I will play as VS, at least at first, because of sentimental attachment to the VS from PS1. If that doesn't work out (not sure about art style tbh) then I will play NC due to the freedom fighter theme and cool-looking armour/maxes.

I will not, under any circumstances, ever play TR. Don't know why, but I wouldn't feel clean pulling on the read and black. Weird, eh?

So what will you guys do?
Neither. Vanu are demon worshipers and TR have chain of command bs.

The Vanu think they're using "alien" tech, but it's really demon's with undiscovered mathamatical formula's they're gleening their information from. Has anyone ever met an "alien" that had functioning vital organs?

TR are just overwhelmingly too militant. Their egocentrical ideal's and their overbearing sense of self righteousness are just a little bit too over the top for me. There are a few true Leathernecks in that faction who know it's really about looking out for one another and freedom, but they're few and far between. In general, TR is a bunch of tyrants.
Old 2012-06-17, 06:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #95
TheRandomAmiba
Corporal

ha... i see how some of you arnt true NC and TR..... nc and tr are at war if any of you have anything but vs as second you would be joining the enemy the vs to you are neutral
Old 2012-06-17, 07:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #96
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by TheRandomAmiba View Post
ha... i see how some of you arnt true NC and TR..... nc and tr are at war if any of you have anything but vs as second you would be joining the enemy the vs to you are neutral
The way I see it, the NC are the real problem child of the war.

The TR fight the NC because they splinter away. The VS fight both the TR and NC because the NC broke away. If the NC hadn't broken away, the TR would still be doing their governance posturing schtick and the VS scientists would be busy bettering humanity through alien tech in peace. We only fight the TR because we think they will fuck everything up in their boneheaded struggle against the NC separatists.

The NC really bungled it all, and for what? So that we can live in freedom, presumably letting a free market take hold, where our corporate overlords will usurp power and plunge us into an Auraxian dark age. Better to let the TR fascists keep the peace as the VS scientists work to bring an end to our savage animalistic old ways.

But since the TR seem to no longer be capable of keeping the peace, the VS have been forced to militarize to defend progress, and the TR being the paranoid short sighted old world dullards that they are, are forced to fight back at us. I'm sure the TR and VS leaders could come to a mutually advantageous compromise if the NC terrorists weren't screwing it all up.
Old 2012-06-17, 08:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #97
StumpyTheOzzie
Second Lieutenant

HAHAHAHA!

Classic.
Old 2012-06-17, 09:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #98
Felborne
Private

There is no 2nd choice!

Old 2012-06-17, 10:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #99
Troscus
Corporal

Originally Posted by Xyntech View Post
The way I see it, the NC are the real problem child of the war.

The TR fight the NC because they splinter away. The VS fight both the TR and NC because the NC broke away. If the NC hadn't broken away, the TR would still be doing their governance posturing schtick and the VS scientists would be busy bettering humanity through alien tech in peace. We only fight the TR because we think they will fuck everything up in their boneheaded struggle against the NC separatists.

The NC really bungled it all, and for what? So that we can live in freedom, presumably letting a free market take hold, where our corporate overlords will usurp power and plunge us into an Auraxian dark age. Better to let the TR fascists keep the peace as the VS scientists work to bring an end to our savage animalistic old ways.

But since the TR seem to no longer be capable of keeping the peace, the VS have been forced to militarize to defend progress, and the TR being the paranoid short sighted old world dullards that they are, are forced to fight back at us. I'm sure the TR and VS leaders could come to a mutually advantageous compromise if the NC terrorists weren't screwing it all up.
And thus Xyntech presented EVERYONE with a way to canonize a TR/VS team up to layeth the smacketh down on Papa Smurf.
Old 2012-06-17, 10:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #100
TooFresh
Private

As a person who has only played TR since Phase 2 PS1 beta I doubt I would ever change sides.

That being said I think it's a no brainer for VS as second favorite faction (even before they got the Scythe as their aircraft). Basically because I hated people who used Jackhammers so so much.
Old 2012-06-18, 12:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #101
AvacadoEight
First Sergeant

New Conglomerate all the way. Givin Reaver Pilots a shout-out! Lets go guys!

But really, I would never play anything other than my beloved New Conglomerate.

Old 2012-06-18, 12:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #102
Serotriptomine
Sergeant

VS>TR>NC for me.
Old 2012-06-18, 12:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #103
Top Sgt
Sergeant Major

If i wasn't going TR I'd have to go with the Alien Lovers at the VS

Anything is better than being a fake ass weekend warrior wannabe NC.
Old 2012-06-18, 01:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #104
mr sandman
Private

sorry i like freedom
Old 2012-06-18, 02:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #105
Otleaz
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by mr sandman View Post

sorry i like freedom
NC players that talk about freedom make me lol