News: Resolved - PS2 Region - Page 72 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: its all about helping one another. But only on a Tuesday.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-05-14, 08:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #1066
Mastachief
Contributor
Major

Re: PlanetSide 2 Region Lock (SOE is working on Resolution)

The is no detail on how that will work,exchange rate etc.

Average play time of 2.0hours per day and falling. Need metagame / Continents.
Old 2012-05-14, 11:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #1067
Toppopia
Major

Originally Posted by IDukeNukeml View Post
When it is all said and done, and granted you have been an inspiring figure in the dev/community relationship, so this has no baring to what you or any of the devs have given us in terms of the relationship.

Given that there were in fact techinical issues at hand, then dismissing them after the uproar by the community, why is this deal even still in effect?

We know the Forgelight engine CAN handle it and we are all aware of the consequences that comes with playing with high ping players... and we accept that.

Me personally, I condone the seperation of regions by location. it allows us to play a more fluid game with an absolute knowledge there is no uneven playing field. (with the vanilla game) Having that choice that was offered was a huge step in the right direction.

What baffles me though is that a deal has been made with a company that is over seas that will handle far more than just servers. We all know station cash for european players will be gone, a new system will be implemented and the service / support offered has never been experienced.

Not to sound all overly-patriotic, but when it's made in America, it should be controlled in America. Spread it wherever you need to spread it, control it from there. Do not contract something out to someone that makes the consumers quake in their boots.

1+1 has always equaled 2. (or 10 if you're a network guy).

Remove this entirely. Or, as it will be. Stick with it and face the ramifications that will come of it.

So knowing the latter will happen, let us hope they hold up their end of the deal with the same integrity that SOE has. AT LEAST the same.
Woh woh woh woh..... woh.. woh. Why should I be forced to play in a certain region when I want to play? Because I live in New Zealand and I have quite a few American friends and even formed a clan with them, so what if I wanted to play with them? Does that mean I can't because I live in a different region? (Assuming there is an Oceania server and we don't get counted as being in America region)
Old 2012-05-15, 01:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #1068
Nephilimuk
Master Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadarX
ProSieben.Sat.1 does not cover the Australian region, so you'll will sign up and use the same client/purchasing methods as North America.

When it is all said and done, and granted you have been an inspiring figure in the dev/community relationship, so this has no baring to what you or any of the devs have given us in terms of the relationship.

Given that there were in fact techinical issues at hand, then dismissing them after the uproar by the community, why is this deal even still in effect?

We know the Forgelight engine CAN handle it and we are all aware of the consequences that comes with playing with high ping players... and we accept that.

Me personally, I condone the seperation of regions by location. it allows us to play a more fluid game with an absolute knowledge there is no uneven playing field. (with the vanilla game) Having that choice that was offered was a huge step in the right direction.

What baffles me though is that a deal has been made with a company that is over seas that will handle far more than just servers. We all know station cash for european players will be gone, a new system will be implemented and the service / support offered has never been experienced.

Not to sound all overly-patriotic, but when it's made in America, it should be controlled in America. Spread it wherever you need to spread it, control it from there. Do not contract something out to someone that makes the consumers quake in their boots.

1+1 has always equaled 2. (or 10 if you're a network guy).

Remove this entirely. Or, as it will be. Stick with it and face the ramifications that will come of it.

So knowing the latter will happen, let us hope they hold up their end of the deal with the same integrity that SOE has. AT LEAST the same.
I have you lot breed yourselves down to 2 chromosomes in less than 400 years? Thats impressive!!!

On a serious note I don't see that we are much further on than when I posted my original message on this. Not great and I don't see it as good at all.
Old 2012-05-15, 01:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #1069
Katanauk
Corporal

Misc Info
Talking Re: PlanetSide 2 Region Lock (SOE is working on Resolution)

Originally Posted by RadarX View Post
ProSieben.Sat.1 does not cover the Australian region, so you'll will sign up and use the same client/purchasing methods as North America.
That's all I needed to hear. I have absolute faith in SOE networking capabilities, so playing on USA servers is what I WANT.

You have made me very happy RadarX.

Old 2012-05-15, 01:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #1070
Mechzz
Major

We had a pro7 moderator come on these forums a while back and update us/reassure us about what was happening.

We got the announcement that anybody could play on any server (at least, Europe/US).

Since then there has been no further communication to the community. It's been a few weeks now and you have to say there is no visible sign of progress. In fact on Alaplaya the moderator activity has been declining despite continuing questions and concerns from Everquest players.

When are Alaplaya going to increase support levels?

Can we at least have a reassurance that Alaplaya will be ready for PS2 Beta?

Why do I have to ask this question on a fan site?
(at least part of the reason is that Alaplaya has the look of a website that just wants to steal all your details and I don't trust it enough to create an account and post there!)
Old 2012-05-15, 03:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #1071
Sabrak
Contributor
First Sergeant

Well, on one hand, it takes some time to create new working websites for every single SOE games that Alaplaya has to handle.

On the other hand, they had plenty of time already to make those websites, and it doesn't take so much efforts to be active and helpful on their (amateurish looking) forums.

So, even if the region locking stuff is solved, I still think this deal between SOE and Pro7 is a very bad thing for us, european players, because it really looks like we're going to have to deal with people who can't handle us.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-05-15, 07:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #1072
Brollywood
PlanetSide 2
EU Prod. Manager

I just wanted to drop back in and reassure everyone that we're still hard at work here with PlanetSide 2 in Europe.

One thing I can point out is that the game won't be integrated into Alaplaya site, it will have its own stand-alone website that will be handled by ProSiebenSat1 Games.

Many additional people, myself included, have been hired here to support PlanetSide 2 and the other SOE titles. We're passionate gamers who understand your concerns and we want to make sure you will have the best experience possible. Your queries and concerns definitely don't go unheard.

Personally I'm really excited to be working as part of such an awesome project and can't wait to see you all in-game. As long as you're Vanu :-p

We'll be bringing more details shortly! Thanks for all your patience so far.
Old 2012-05-15, 07:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #1073
Mechzz
Major

Originally Posted by Brollywood View Post
I just wanted to drop back in and reassure everyone that we're still hard at work here with PlanetSide 2 in Europe.

One thing I can point out is that the game won't be integrated into Alaplaya site, it will have its own stand-alone website that will be handled by ProSiebenSat1 Games.

Many additional people, myself included, have been hired here to support PlanetSide 2 and the other SOE titles. We're passionate gamers who understand your concerns and we want to make sure you will have the best experience possible. Your queries and concerns definitely don't go unheard.

Personally I'm really excited to be working as part of such an awesome project and can't wait to see you all in-game. As long as you're Vanu :-p

Brollywood, thanks so much for dropping by. I really appreciate you taking the time to do that. I'm also pleased with the new information; having a separate website seems like a good idea to me.

Do you know why the replies to the EQ queries are being delayed? Is there a problem with the transfer of EQ to pro7 ?

Thanks in advance!
Old 2012-05-15, 07:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #1074
Hermes
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Great info, thanks very much mate.

Old 2012-05-15, 09:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #1075
Xaine
Major

You had me at...

I love you.

Thank you for taking the time.
Old 2012-05-15, 09:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #1076
dachlatte
Master Sergeant

Brollywood thank you very much! its awesome you stopped by here.

brochacho i hope we will hear more from you in the not so far future. until then spread the vanu luv!

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-05-15, 10:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #1077
Brollywood
PlanetSide 2
EU Prod. Manager

Originally Posted by Mechzz View Post
Brollywood, thanks so much for dropping by. I really appreciate you taking the time to do that. I'm also pleased with the new information; having a separate website seems like a good idea to me.

Do you know why the replies to the EQ queries are being delayed? Is there a problem with the transfer of EQ to pro7 ?

Thanks in advance!
My pleasure!

There's no problems with the transfer of EQ2 to ProSiebenSat1 Games - we're just making sure that every eventuality is being thought of and planned for - with something as huge as EQ2 we want to make sure that everything will be hassle-free and seamless come launch.
Old 2012-05-15, 10:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #1078
DarkTower
Private

(Once again, apologies if this is a noob question)
Don't know if Brollywood or one of the other dev team, or even a forum member can help, but does this affect whether we'll be able to get into the beta? I know that it was only the US PC Gamer that got beta codes, not the UK, so would it be fair to assume that there won't be beta servers in the EU? Will the beta be region-locked in the same way as something like Netflix is, so even using the American SOE and servers won't let me into the beta?

The main reason I ask is that I live in a big city with super-fast (Virgin Media) broadband, so my ping to (East Coast) American servers in other games is not too bad, usually around 160, so about the same sort of ping as someone in the US with poor internet connection might have (who F2P MMOs should be catering for). In other words, my internet connection shouldn't be a factor in joining the beta, so are there any other reasons for (potentially) blocking me from the beta?
Old 2012-05-15, 11:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #1079
Marinealver
Sergeant Major

Looks like SOE forked toung marketers have not lost their touch about honey wording their poisionous news. Reminds me of something about how SOE "apriciate the progress they gave players" when they started to stream adds inside PS 1.

Hey I see the need to raise money and if PS 2 is a good enough game I would pay a subscription, (not like I already pay more for less with PS1) but I hope atleast we would be able to move from server to server.
Old 2012-05-15, 11:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #1080
Marinealver
Sergeant Major

Did a little (as the bare minimium, 5 second, only one refrence) research on this. Thank you wikipedia and no it isn't really worth my time vetting this futher.
ProSiebenSat.1 programs had low ratings because of unconvincing marketing efforts. So ProSiebenSat.1 was bought by the American media tycoon Haim Saban for approximately $700 million. After Saban lost interest in the company because the programs could not compete with Bertelsmann's channels RTL, Vox, and Super RTL, he started an auction to sell the company. Possible bidders were Axel Springer AG, Dogan Group of Turkey, Permira/Kohlberg Kravis Roberts and some others like Goldman Sachs. The Axel Springer AG's bid was rejected by a federal competition commission, "Bundeskartellamt", because of the influence of Springer in Germany's media who owns already the nations most selling tabloid BILD and the newspaper Die Welt. On December 14, 2006, Germany's Handelsblatt reported that the winner of the bid was the consortium of Permira/KKR. A possible bidder for the company was former Italian prime minister Silvio Berlusconi, whose family holding company controls Mediaset. On June 27, 2007, ProSieben bought SBS Broadcasting for the total sum of €3.3 billion. SBS was also owned by Permira/KKR
Wow talke about the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncomming train.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion