*** PlanetSide 2 Ultimate Beta FAQ *** - Page 73 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Free's your mind...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-06, 01:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #1081
james
Sergeant Major

Re: *** PlanetSide 2 Ultimate Beta FAQ ***

Originally Posted by Poser View Post
I said it before in this thread, if the game doesn't come out before October I bet it gets delayed until the spring. But they need to start testing NOW if they want to make the fall release.

There is no point of going up against games like Xcom, Bioshock and Dishonored over Christmas. Plus all the advertising space will be taken by Call of Duty and AC3.
Pretty much, it would be sucide to try to get gamers time and money against AAA games
Old 2012-07-06, 01:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #1082
Crazyduckling
First Sergeant

hello (the person),

calm down. go outside. find a new hobby. stop being angry. i'm pretty sure we'll live through this. keep this in mind: when beta starts, you may not get in the first wave(s).
Old 2012-07-06, 02:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #1083
TheBladeRoden
Contributor
First Sergeant

I heard that some external people have been invited to sign NDA's. Obviously none of them were me, otherwise I could not post this. So it's just a rumor.
Old 2012-07-06, 02:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #1084
Elixx
Private

Originally Posted by TheBladeRoden View Post
I heard that some external people have been invited to sign NDA's. Obviously none of them were me, otherwise I could not post this. So it's just a rumor.
This is exacly how a rumor starts

Source?
Old 2012-07-06, 02:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #1085
james
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by TheBladeRoden View Post
If this happened it would have been leaked all over the internet.

Plus i doubt the way they gave out keys they plan on doing it quietly
Old 2012-07-06, 04:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #1086
AvacadoEight
First Sergeant

I point you to the thread found here.... : http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...ad.php?t=44550
Old 2012-07-06, 04:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #1087
james
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by AvacadoEight View Post
I point you to the thread found here.... : http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...ad.php?t=44550
Finally
Old 2012-07-06, 07:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #1088
Zar
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Poser View Post
I said it before in this thread, if the game doesn't come out before October I bet it gets delayed until the spring. But they need to start testing NOW if they want to make the fall release.

There is no point of going up against games like Xcom, Bioshock and Dishonored over Christmas. Plus all the advertising space will be taken by Call of Duty and AC3.
O.o why would ps2 need to *fight* those game title's O.o i might give you cod but even that is a grasping at straw's if people want to play those instead of ps2 fine by me ill be shooting people xD in a massive war game >.<.
Old 2012-07-07, 12:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #1089
Deflagrate
Private

Originally Posted by Zar View Post
O.o why would ps2 need to *fight* those game title's O.o i might give you cod but even that is a grasping at straw's if people want to play those instead of ps2 fine by me ill be shooting people xD in a massive war game >.<.
I think it's because Ps2's success is going to be determined by its ability to keep pops high enough per server to have at least one continent in a massive battle around the clock. Since it's F2P it's not about getting people to pay monthly, it's about getting people to log on so that more players are enticed to monetize.

Launch is going to be very tricky I think for SOE, since its 2000 players cont x 3 per server, the initial rush of people will fill all of the servers, the last thing SOE will want is for people to sit in a log in queue, give up and and head over to their AAA title with a bad impression of ps2, since they didn't get to log in. SOE needs to release during a slow time, mid-late September would be ideal since any college/school classes have begun by then, ensuring that players will have less time to play and that will avoid massive overloading of servers.
Old 2012-07-07, 01:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #1090
Zar
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Deflagrate View Post
I think it's because Ps2's success is going to be determined by its ability to keep pops high enough per server to have at least one continent in a massive battle around the clock. Since it's F2P it's not about getting people to pay monthly, it's about getting people to log on so that more players are enticed to monetize.

Launch is going to be very tricky I think for SOE, since its 2000 players cont x 3 per server, the initial rush of people will fill all of the servers, the last thing SOE will want is for people to sit in a log in queue, give up and and head over to their AAA title with a bad impression of ps2, since they didn't get to log in. SOE needs to release during a slow time, mid-late September would be ideal since any college/school classes have begun by then, ensuring that players will have less time to play and that will avoid massive overloading of servers.
huh constructive well put together argument >.> hmm, well I agree with a lot of that but long que's can be dealt with more server's. granted I see the counter argument to that is what happens after the initial rush dies down but i just don't see a company holding a release for nothing other then *its not a good time to launch* >.<.
Old 2012-07-07, 02:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #1091
james
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Zar View Post
problem is as the other user pointed out. They need to have 2k people on these maps if they want to succeed, a normal f2p game only usually has a very thousand on at a time. So fighting against any game is a bad idea
Old 2012-07-07, 03:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #1092
Astrok
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by james View Post
problem is as the other user pointed out. They need to have 2k people on these maps if they want to succeed, a normal f2p game only usually has a very thousand on at a time. So fighting against any game is a bad idea
they should not get to worry about the pops.

pops will be high because all those other mmo fps(wich i dont call mmo but lobby based games) wont be a match against this.

this is what people want...big epic battles with thousands of players so i can tell u enough people are waiting for this game.

if i check around me and talk to people that play games on their pc they are all waiting for ps2 to come out because its something different then another so called mmofps without the epic feeling.
Old 2012-07-07, 04:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #1093
Otleaz
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by james View Post
That isn't the reason. 2000 players per map is a maximum. Continents will probably stick closer to 1000 since nobody will want to play in a clusterfuck.
Even if that weren't the case, they could easily lower the amount of servers so the still existing ones have more players.

The real reason to have a lot of people in a F2P is simply for revenue.
Old 2012-07-07, 07:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #1094
Crazyduckling
First Sergeant

I want 2000 players per map. Part of the appeal is the clusterfuck.

I only play 64 player BF3 maps because I want to see people and shoot them with a dash of chaos.
Old 2012-07-07, 07:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #1095
Otleaz
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Crazyduckling View Post
I only play 64 player BF3 maps because I want to see people and shoot them with a dash of chaos.
Those 64 player BF3 maps will be ghost towns in comparison to the clusterfucks there will be if there are 2000 people on a continent.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion