News: Planetside 2 beta plans - Page 79 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Mmm... Beefy
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-24, 03:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #1171
Landtank
Second Lieutenant

Re: Planetside 2 beta plans

Originally Posted by EisenKreutzer View Post
Theyre not in the beta. Theyre in the external technical test.

The tech test is to make sure the game works on as many system configurations as possible, and they invited random people who had signed up for the beta.

The beta will start once the technical test is over. That may be next week, but if they run into problems or decide they need more time to test more graphics cards and processors and stuff, then beta will eb delayed.

Nobody is in beta right now.
No one except for me! I have found a way to travel to the future, and let me tell you, PS2 is awesome.
Old 2012-07-24, 03:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #1172
Sephirex
Major

Originally Posted by Landtank View Post
No one except for me! I have found a way to travel to the future, and let me tell you, PS2 is awesome.
Sweet! Screw this crowd, take me with you to Planetside 3!
Old 2012-07-24, 03:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #1173
KaB
Corporal

By the way, will SOE release a PS2 sdk ? For mods or anything ?

Dunno if mods can exist through F2P tho.
Old 2012-07-24, 04:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #1174
TheStigma
Corporal

Give the guy a break. I'm not sure what exactly he was quoted as saying a few weeks ago, but I'm sure it wasn't a 100% garantuee of being within this month. More along the lines of "we are planning it for the end of july" I expect?

The most recent (very recent indeed) thing he has said is "next week" as long as things go according to plan. That's pretty close, and closer means less uncertainty. Stick to that for now and don't start extrapolating a more exact date from that by combining it with far older estimates. You will only end up hyping yourself up for nothing.

Go play something else meanwhile. BF3 if you have it. Tribes if you want something free (its great btw). The days will go a lot faster if you aren't sitting around every day on the forums waiting for the beta. It will be obvious when it starts - relax

-Stigma
Old 2012-07-24, 04:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #1175
haticK
First Sergeant

Yay more invites

https://twitter.com/j_smedley/status/227870551702634496
Old 2012-07-24, 04:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #1176
Sephirex
Major

Originally Posted by TheStigma View Post
Give the guy a break. I'm not sure what exactly he was quoted as saying a few weeks ago, but I'm sure it wasn't a 100% garantuee of being within this month. More along the lines of "we are planning it for the end of july" I expect?

The most recent (very recent indeed) thing he has said is "next week" as long as things go according to plan. That's pretty close, and closer means less uncertainty. Stick to that for now and don't start extrapolating a more exact date from that by combining it with far older estimates. You will only end up hyping yourself up for nothing.

Go play something else meanwhile. BF3 if you have it. Tribes if you want something free (its great btw). The days will go a lot faster if you aren't sitting around every day on the forums waiting for the beta. It will be obvious when it starts - relax

-Stigma
Actually we're going off the most recent tweet where Smedley says Yes to "Probably Monday/Tuesday?"

https://twitter.com/j_smedley/status/227847911852097536
Old 2012-07-24, 04:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #1177
Hamma
PSU Admin

READ THIS THREAD ALREADY

http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...ad.php?t=45044

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-07-24, 04:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #1178
Sephirex
Major

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
I did? But there's new information going out just now.
Old 2012-07-24, 04:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #1179
Hamma
PSU Admin

It's no different than this:

https://twitter.com/j_smedley/status/226689289784807424

We think we have all we need for tech test so it's likely no more tech test invites. But beta is little more than a week away hopefully
https://twitter.com/j_smedley/status/226689514888904704

Again no promises. We could always decide we want more tech test people and we could always take longer. Don't mean to be vague
Which Smed posted last week yet we continue beating the dead horse even though the information is available.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-07-24, 04:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #1180
TheStigma
Corporal

Originally Posted by KaB View Post
By the way, will SOE release a PS2 sdk ? For mods or anything ?

Dunno if mods can exist through F2P tho.
I have no insights into the devs plans for the game - but given that this game essentially runs on an MMO-style server (rather than many small servers hosted by both companies and private owners like BF3 and the like) I can almost garantuee you that mods will not be an option. I can't immagine they would ever release the server-program to the public, and having them set up their own servers spesifically for mods to the game would be almost unprecedented, especially given the scale and complexity the game servers must have.

There is of course also the issue of this being a F2P game. They make money by microtransactions - so there is no way they would ever give someone else control over anything that could effect that system - otherwise they would obviously damage their own business model.

Sorry to say that its just not going to happen - sorry

The good thing is that this is an MMO-style game so it is very likely they they keep working on adding more stuff to the game as time goes on (they did this for PS1 too). They make money from having lots of players actively playing the game - so they will want to keep it as fresh and interesting as they can. I expect plenty of add-on content and "expansion-packs" for the future. SOE generally has a pretty good track-record for adding extras to their MMO games too, so this is all good

-Stigma
Old 2012-07-24, 04:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #1181
exoteror
Corporal

"Surprise. A bit more tech test invites being sent out."

http://twitter.com/j_smedley/

Apologies did not reallise they were on the page before me. but it's nice to see.

Last edited by exoteror; 2012-07-24 at 04:11 PM.
Old 2012-07-24, 04:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #1182
Sephirex
Major

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
It's no different than this:

https://twitter.com/j_smedley/status/226689289784807424

https://twitter.com/j_smedley/status/226689514888904704

Which Smed posted last week yet we continue beating the dead horse even though the information is available.
Beta on Monday/Tuesday is a pretty specific time frame, and the most recent update.
The previous update of "More than a week" means to me between next Monday-Infinity. Not as exciting.

But that's just me. I make no promises I know what I'm talking about.

Last edited by Sephirex; 2012-07-24 at 04:13 PM.
Old 2012-07-24, 04:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #1183
haticK
First Sergeant

I'm happy they're inviting more to the tech test. That means there's less people to choose from for the first beta wave since they'll already be in beta.
Old 2012-07-24, 04:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #1184
TheStigma
Corporal

Originally Posted by Sephirex View Post
Actually we're going off the most recent tweet where Smedley says Yes to "Probably Monday/Tuesday?"

https://twitter.com/j_smedley/status/227847911852097536
Thanks, guess this is even more recent.

In this case - there dosn't seem to be much left to ask about. If he is comfortable about being that spesific then there probably isn't much variability left unless they hit some major snag...

-Stigma

Originally Posted by haticK View Post
I'm happy they're inviting more to the tech test. That means there's less people to choose from for the first beta wave since they'll already be in beta.
I can hear the sound all the way up in Norway - thousands of fingers repeatedly hitting F5.... =P

-Stigma
Old 2012-07-24, 04:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #1185
Rockstone
Private

Originally Posted by haticK View Post
Yet... I'm still not lucky >.>
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion