New Helmet Concepts - Page 8 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: there is no spoon.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-03-03, 01:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #106
Mordelicius
Major

Re: New Helmet Concepts

Originally Posted by ChipMHazard View Post
Come now, surely it can't remind you of Judge Dredd... There's no chin
Has elements of Stallone Dredd around the flared temple and forehead region.

The Vanu one reminds me of the new Robocop remake helmet, but only flatter not spherica in the face.
Old 2013-03-03, 01:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #107
artifice
Staff Sergeant

Not a fan of the NC helmet. I want an NC helmet like this:

and this:

Last edited by artifice; 2013-03-03 at 01:56 AM.
Old 2013-03-03, 02:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #108
artifice
Staff Sergeant

More really nice options:

Last edited by artifice; 2013-03-03 at 02:06 AM.
Old 2013-03-03, 10:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #109
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Originally Posted by artifice View Post
More really nice options:

These might look good while tooling around on a quad. Maybe some helmets that look more integrated with the armor?
Old 2013-03-03, 02:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #110
Daimond
Private

What you dont like that they gave us yellow strips for all to see when we running away

I really hate the look of that concept helm, to start with it just looks wrong, not to mention its got a crap load more yellow on there then any other helm, even worse then the Infil visor one that I dont wear cuase of this. Get with in 50m of them and this stands out like a sore thumb, good thing its not for clockers

All the NC art guys are probly TR and VS players

Make the visor black, and widen it a little would look alot better. Somthing like this. PS this just a quik & crude, so yes there are a few flaws

Originally Posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
The helmet is far to slim around the cheeks, how on earth would you put the thing on? I am really getting sick of the VS and TR getting all the good looking stuff that works well and we get stuck with the crap. If the only use for the Lore in this game is to give reasons why the NC gear is not as good as the VS then just get rid of it.
I will say the lack of a huge yellow stripe all over the front of the helmet is a huge step forward in the design from the previous neon choices we had for camouflage avoidance, although the bright visor stills goes some way towards that. It just would not be PS without the VS and TR artists and Devs giving us the look were i am yellow stripe of death.
The other factions have their secondary colour faded out or darkened for most of their Camo but we still get huge yellow stripes. You cannot see the VS at night as their colours match the darkness so well and the TR are not far behind, so i would ask our commanders and the Devs to please make a darker shade of yellow, or change the colour to a more manageable one for combat camo, or at least not have yellow stripes all over our head so that our other camo can be effective.
Old 2013-03-03, 11:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #111
Chowley
Corporal

Originally Posted by Daimond View Post
What you dont like that they gave us yellow strips for all to see when we running away

I really hate the look of that concept helm, to start with it just looks wrong, not to mention its got a crap load more yellow on there then any other helm, even worse then the Infil visor one that I dont wear cuase of this. Get with in 50m of them and this stands out like a sore thumb, good thing its not for clockers

Make the visor black, and widen it a little would look alot better. Somthing like this. PS this just a quik & crude, so yes there are a few flaws
Now that looks good, would buy! Especially considering its lacking the huge glowing "shoot me please" visor.
Old 2013-03-03, 11:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #112
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

As rough as it is I think the shape is better in this mock up.
The other looks like its head has been caught in one of the crab peoples claw.
Old 2013-03-03, 11:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #113
BIGGByran
Staff Sergeant

I like your "rough" concept better, like the darker visor also, no need to make NC the more "stand out" faction than it already is. But the NC theme is "square" "old mining equipment," the helm isn't as "square" as it should be, but it is different and pretty nice. Can anyone make a "square" concept of this helmet? I don't know how otherwise I would.

Last edited by BIGGByran; 2013-03-03 at 11:44 PM.
Old 2013-03-04, 01:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #114
flukeman
Private

For the TR helmet I would remove the "divide" between the lenses and make it just 1 lens as I am not a fan of the TR goggles
Old 2013-03-04, 01:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #115
Zakuak
Private

I love that NC helmet concept! I think it's pretty wicked looking. I do agree on the over use of Yellow and blue.

Yeah yeah, that's our color but narrow its use down a little so the helmets can actually take on some of the cool Camo patterns.

As it is now when I camo up my suit looks, well it looks "ok" but my helmets are like a light bulb sign of "oh there he is".

I like the over all models on all the factions, I despise the odd application of faction specific colors.
Old 2013-03-04, 02:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #116
o Solei o
Private

Personally, I think this is a great bit of variation from the existing sets. Broome said he's working on 3-4 variations at this very moment, so you don't need to "fix" the awesomeness of this one that he's released. Instead, you should be presenting completely different concepts like Artifice.

The idea is to have something for everyone. I love this new one, and I'd love to see other concepts for people that want different stuff. The whole idea is to let folks stand out and customize their look, not to all look the same because there is one "best look".

On a side note, it is worth stating that not all players are terrified of showing their empire colors if it will cost them that tiny extra edge in a fight. I personally am more than willing turn up the challenge dial a little bit in order to have an awesome and distinct looking character. If forced to choose, I'd much rather be challenged and having fun (even if that means I'm loosing); than have a bland character, being bored and always winning.

[Some of the current lighting styles and camo patterns turn what used to be three awesomely distinct empires into a visual morass of mans, leaving the only real reliable means of distinguishing them easily in a firefight being the markers over their head (which are not as easily applied since a few patches back). If there is one bone I would pick with overall game design, it would be tagging along in the modern military shooters' identity crisis of whether to be a sim or an action game, and not really being able to decide which.]
Old 2013-03-04, 03:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #117
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

I like this guys hat

Because if youre playing a max do you really think you can be sneaky too?
Old 2013-03-04, 11:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #118
Badjuju
First Sergeant

As far as shape goes I like yours, but I like the concept as well. I think the angle of the concept along with the lense shape makes it look thinner than it actually is. It will translate a little different in game most likely as well.

Their concept looks more menacing and just different overall to me. The one you widened looks good but is a little too round to me. It has the same shape as the TR looking too similar and looks more astronaughty to me personally. Now don't get me wrong, I like it, but I think I would prefer the original concept more. We really need to see more shots of the helm to get a better idea though. Armor would likely help balance the image as well since it is a longer helm with a bigger chin (which also makes it look longer and thinner with out armor I think). Currently my vote is for the original as I said, but that's just me.

The colors are a different story. I don't mind color I just wish they used darker tones on the NC, similar to higher levels in PS1.

Nice work overall, I could have easily believed this came strait from the devs.

Last edited by Badjuju; 2013-03-04 at 11:34 PM.
Old 2013-03-05, 01:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #119
Daimond
Private

Originally Posted by o Solei o View Post
Personally, I think this is a great bit of variation from the existing sets. Broome said he's working on 3-4 variations at this very moment, so you don't need to "fix" the awesomeness of this one that he's released. Instead, you should be presenting completely different concepts like Artifice.
(Cutshort)
They always going to make more, just didnt like the look of that one and seems many others didnt as well, so gave my 1 min twist on it. As for persenting my own, I have several, but they not consepts, they in hiding for Player studio ( for now anyway )

As for others that think first one was little to round or such, spent 2 mins on it this time Also its still his image I just tweeked it a bit.
Old 2013-03-05, 07:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #120
Phantomdestiny
Second Lieutenant

the helmets are coming in GU 8 confirmed by matt broome
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion