ObnoxiousFrog
Brigadier General

Being the antithesis is underrated.

Old 2004-12-29, 05:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #107
Strygun
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Squeeky
This isnt a democracy. This is a dictatorship. Hamma being the dictator. If you dont like the dictatorship, there are millions of other forums you can go to.
I'm sure I speak for hamma when I say: Hamma isn't a dictator around here. He tries so hard (and you guys have no idea, heck, I don't know much about how hard it is) to be the hidden admin... letting things happen and not trying to censor people, not trying to be "the main man." I personally (and I'm sure hamma will be when he reads that) am offended that you would accuse him of being a dictator. Dictators are not good people. Back off.

And, lastly - about the chinchilla thing. If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all. A "weak flame" is still a flame.
Old 2004-12-29, 05:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #108
Everay
Major General

Originally Posted by Squeeky
I simply stated it was dhark. Dont always believe what you hear. Hell, I should be taking my own advice here.
fuck you, im skipping PSUMB, you made psu what it is these days. you got someone banned because you thought he was bayne, and then, when you find out he isnt, you say, that shit, sir, fuck you, and i never found out why you were unbanned in the first place. flame me back all you want, but im done with it.

PS, i am dharkbayne MUGHAHAHAHGHAHAHGHAGHAGHAHUHAGUHA
Old 2004-12-29, 05:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #109
Doop
Major

Originally Posted by Everay
fuck you, im skipping PSUMB, you made psu what it is these days. you got someone banned because you thought he was bayne, and then, when you find out he isnt, you say, that shit, sir, fuck you, and i never found out why you were unbanned in the first place. flame me back all you want, but im done with it.

PS, i am dharkbayne MUGHAHAHAHGHAHAHGHAGHAGHAHUHAGUHA
Fuck I forgot about that, if PSU goes down what about PSUMB? trig already invested a lot in it.
Old 2004-12-29, 05:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #110
AztecWarrior
Lightbulb Collector

Well, someone's either going to have it continue or to write it off as a loss.

Again, it is my sincere hope that this community goes on, even if not about PlanetSide.
The gun katas. Through analysis of thousands of recorded gunfights, the Cleric has determined that the geometric distribution of antagonists in any gun battle is a statistically predictable element. The gun kata treats the gun as a total weapon, each fluid position representing a maximum kill zone, inflicting maximum damage on the maximum number of opponents while keeping the defender clear of the statistically traditional trajectories of return fire. By the rote mastery of this art, your firing efficiency will rise by no less than 120%. The difference of a 63% increase to lethal proficiency makes the master of the gun katas an adversary not to be taken lightly.
Old 2004-12-29, 07:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #111
BUGGER
Major General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by AztecWarrior
Again, it is my sincere hope that this community goes on, even if not about PlanetSide.
Most of this community is not even with Planetside.

One flame can start a fire, its all you need.

For those that aztec mentioned and many more, if you granted with a more nazi like admin, one that doesn't let topics go off, you'd all be gone and this internet would be very....small. I know its past thanksgiving, but be thankful your admin is for who he is, dont push the limit for him either.

Anyone got a new years resolution?

http://mrchevys3.blogspot.com/

Living is easy with eyes closed.
Old 2004-12-29, 07:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #112
Ridetehlightnin
Staff Sergeant

This is going out of hand. What started as some guy posting summit and getting banned and some other guy asking why he got banned ahs turned into a big piece of not goodness! The lord will take us from salvation

If anyone objects to this post thinking it's about random pictures bla bla bla, I was once told that once a thread has been answered, it's OK, and I remember Jennyboo or summit answering the question of why the guy got banned!
Old 2004-12-29, 07:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #113
MattxMosh
Contributor
Major

I told myself not to get involved with this, but I have to now. The thoughts of some are insane, and based in some fantasy world.

This is Hamma's property. He owns it. He decides what goes and what doesn't. He has done a great job with all that he has on his plate. He is not overly harsh on anything.

Now, I personally have no problems with Dhark. He can be a funny kid. But you know what? HE WAS BANNED. So, he got banned again. Not a big deal. Thats the rules, and it was taken care of, who cares who anyone thought it was, or what was said, that has nothing to do with anything at all.

At times this can be the best community on the internet, and it is a shame that things like this happen but they do.

Most of you are kids. Most of us can act like kids, and I am NOT excluding myself at all. You may be mature, or think you are mature, but what it boils down to, most have a lot to learn about how things work. The internet is not a demorcracy. You have to pay to access it, you have to join websites to have access to posting. It is a service, and you agree to following the rules of a particular forum when you join it. If you don't like the rules, or break the rules, you are banned or you leave.

IT IS NOT THAT COMPLEX.

Now I'd say 99.9% of you have no idea how to run a web community. It is not easy at all. You suggest more moderation, less moderation, blah blah blah.

I'm not sure who said it, and this is NOT a personal attack. Making this site, like SA which past its prime years ago, and has a horrible forum system, is a very bad idea. Hence why I left like 3 years ago. Public ban lists cause massive trouble. Reasons, even worse. It is none of your business why a particular person was banned. There is no reason why it should be.

I used to help run one of the largest hardcore music related forums. We had a public ban list. Now it being mostly people in the same area, this led to a lot of trouble, that spilled out of the internet. It caused physical and mental harm to many. It was my fault, and I feel bad for it. Hence why I know its a VERY bad idea.

This comes to the point that a lot o us know and have met people from PSU. The same could easily happen.

What good would that bring?

None.

In short, you are being overly critical of the people who try thier hardest and put thier own time and money into making you happy.

And thats just plain disrespectful.

Now grow up and move on. If you don't like it leave. It will save bandwidth bills. And drama headaches.

I know I want this site to still be here, even if I have to pay to keep it alive, for the few of us who enjoy it, and have no complaints about it managment.

Sorry if that makes me sound liek an elitist prick, but that not how I mean it.

Last edited by MattxMosh; 2004-12-29 at 07:58 PM.
Old 2004-12-29, 11:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #114
Onizuka
Lieutenant General

PSU may close, friendships won't.
Old 2004-12-30, 12:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #115
Corrosion

Misc Info

OSNAP! It's Oni!
Old 2004-12-30, 12:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #116
Kam
Major

Well, whatever happens, it won't matter when PS dies in around six months.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge