If you had one Question.. - Page 8 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: You smell that?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-01-26, 11:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #106
cellinaire
Captain

Re: If you had one Question..

Originally Posted by Higby View Post
That....thing seriously knows how to do Kung-Fu
Old 2012-01-26, 11:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #107
Captain1nsaneo
Major

Misc Info

What will be the tutorial and how detailed will it be? I know that the original training (both the old offline and the newer stuff) was vastly lacking.
Old 2012-01-27, 01:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #108
DOUBLEXBAUGH
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by acosmo View Post
1. will vehicles run out of ammo, if so, how do they resupply?
They said the Sundy will have resupply/rearm capabilities like the Lodestar did, so I think that means vehicles can run out of ammo. And I'm sure there will be a way to do it at a base as well.
Old 2012-01-27, 09:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #109
Shogun
Contributor
General

i still would like to know about restrictions on galaxy deployment!
will a deployed gal produce a deployment-restriction sphere of influence like the ams did?

if so, will the restriction be applied to sunderers as well or will we be able to setup a gal and sundi right next to each other so the gal will be healed by the sundi´s loadstar-ability?

and if a restriction is in place will we be able to see it this time? it was so fucking annoying to find a space to deploy for an ams when other ams´s were around and with a fat aircraft that has to take off and land everytime it wants to relocate, this will even be more annoying

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!

Last edited by Shogun; 2012-01-27 at 09:50 AM.
Old 2012-01-27, 12:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #110
xXSpectreXx
Private

I would like to ask about beta acceptance. I just discovered the Planetside universe a month or so ago while looking through a most anticipated games of 2012 list. I've checked out some videos of the original planetside and have been scouring the net for anything related to PS2. I"m super exited about PS2 because it seems like it perfectly fits into the gametype that I have been looking for and seems like the design team really knows what they are doing.

So basically the question is:

When I signed up for the beta I saw where it says original Planetside players will be among the first in. I was curious about how many new players will be accepted, or what the chances are for a completely new player like myself to get in on the beta?
Old 2012-01-27, 12:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #111
atone
Sergeant

Concerning VTOL/Winged flight models. Best guess speculation suggests that it will consist of switchable modes, is this true and if so where along the spectrum of completely automated, to pilot freely controlling everything, would the current model be?

sorry if someone already asked this but i didn't have time to read through everything.
Old 2012-01-27, 09:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #112
ratfusion
Corporal

Heres an easy one, reloading. Will it be:

Arcade style, meaning every time you reload it takes the number of rounds out of your existing capacity to reload your magazine and ignores the round in the chamber. This would be as if all rounds in your inventory are treated as loose and loaded into the magazine currently on the weapon one at a time, but displayed as a magazine swap.

Realistic, meaning if you reload a weapon with 12 rounds left you'll now have a 12 round magazine in your inventory when you expend the others (spamming the reload key results an an inventory full of half full magazines). Reloading in the middle of a magazine would also result in your weapons capacity being the magazine capacity +1 round (already in the chamber).

Also, since the word magazine seems to spark confusion in a lot of gaming types: (the image isn't my work, please excuse the vague smartassness of it.)
Old 2012-01-28, 07:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #113
Madlaps
Corporal

Same as Skyexile... Australian server(s)??

Since you are partnered with the9 I'm guessing there will be Asian servers, but English oceanic would be nice then there is the ping... If not, will the hit calculations be client-side like ps1 (if I see it, I can shoot it) - without the hacks of course!
Old 2012-01-28, 09:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #114
colorpilot
Private

Is there a training centre like there was in PS1, that will allow you to try every weapon and vehicles before committing to it ? or will this not be necessary.

How do aircrafts handle? Are there any games that have similar flight mechanics for instance BF3 the jet or helly.

-------got an answer to one of the questions-------
@mhigby
"they're sort of a blend depending on their speed. when at low speed they handle like a chopper, when faster, like a jet."

Last edited by colorpilot; 2012-01-31 at 12:50 PM.
Old 2012-01-28, 02:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #115
Mightymouser
Master Sergeant

Can you give us a bit more information about how Command Ranks are going to work? I understand there will be some sort of 'squad leadership' tree; what will that tree give access to? EMPs? OSes? /comXX's and /comall equivalents? Missions? Are any branches of the tree mutually exclusive? (A "you can have an OS, or you can Global, but not both" sorta thing)

Also will there still be a /command channel for command ranks, and will everyone who is (the equivalent of) CR5 still have access to it? While sometimes spammy; the /c channel gave veteran players a place to discuss empire-wide issues very conveniently, and was a valuable resource that I don't think should require certs to gain access...

Pretend that's all one question...
Old 2012-01-28, 02:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #116
QuiCKaNdDeaDLy
Corporal

Do they have currently unused Code like Vehicle or Weapon Models from PS1 in the Client like some other Games have which they could use at a later Point?
For Example Starcraft 2 has all Starcraft 1 Units in its Code. Tribes Ascend has all Weapons from Previous Games of the Tribes Universe...
Old 2012-01-28, 02:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #117
Figment
Lieutenant General

Can or must you conquer spawnpoints for your own use inside enemy bases and is a base captured in sections, or is there just a single capture point and time like in PS1?

Last edited by Figment; 2012-01-28 at 03:01 PM.
Old 2012-01-28, 03:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #118
Mirror
First Sergeant

Will maxes will be able to auto run?
Can all types of CE be placed in enemy SOIs?
Can we bind to a deployed galaxy just like we could bind to an AMS?

http://www.deltatriad.com
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion