Recruit Debrief E-Mail - Page 8 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where lightning is a sacred word.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-06-27, 06:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #106
Noivad
Master Sergeant

Re: Recruit Debrief E-Mail

I got the survey, but its only good for 1 computer and I have 3.

"There is NO "I" in Teamwork"

DOG SLOGAN - "It's not the size of the DOG in a fight, it's the size of the fight in the DOG"

DOG BATTLE CRY - " Cry 'Havoc,' and Let Slip The DOG's OF War. "

And Hamma I see the VS and the NC have infiltrated your board. So the TR will have to kill them all and make them the yellow bastards they are
Old 2012-06-27, 06:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #107
Kaotc
Corporal

Originally Posted by EVILoHOMER View Post
Still doesn't work for me but the survey sounds so poorly done, should be a dxdiag. People who know their specs will be able to upload that file, this system just means everyone has an I7 and a 600 series.
thats assuming people are stupid enough to think that they only want the best of the best PC's in the beta....

i would want as wide a range of PC's as possible, to ensure the software works for the mass market. Im sure they do aswell.
Old 2012-06-27, 06:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #108
Maniox
Corporal

They are probably interested in mid-end hardware, like mine
High-end hardware is not so interesting for most developers i can imagine, as they dont need the same level of optimization.
Old 2012-06-27, 06:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #109
Greenthy
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Kaotc View Post
thats assuming people are stupid enough to think that they only want the best of the best PC's in the beta....

i would want as wide a range of PC's as possible, to ensure the software works for the mass market. Im sure they do aswell.
They might start with a certain configuration though, or a certain subcategory (Say for example all intels or all AMDs). To gradually check compatability.
Basicly how you put on your electricty after it goes down.

They might also not and go with the broadrange spectrum from the start.

It's up to SOE how they perfom their tech testing.

It's just best to be honest, it helps them and you (given the uncertainty on selection procedure)

Given testing will be done on a time-slotted basis, I however worry for the EU crowd

Last edited by Greenthy; 2012-06-27 at 06:50 AM.
Old 2012-06-27, 07:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #110
bjorntju1
Captain

Originally Posted by Kyros View Post
No email here either. I'm curious if they send them out alphabetically. My email starts with T. Has anyone recieved an email that starts with letters after T?

In regards to the survey I was able to fill it out just fine. Though my CPU wasn't listed, I just picked the one I thought was closest. I wish they had an 'other: type here' option.
Mine starts with B. Still dont have it btw.
Old 2012-06-27, 07:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #111
Exmortius
Master Sergeant

this survey didnt have the fx bulldozer cpu listed so i just picked the highest phenom and 6000 series ati card...i figured that's all that mattered anyway. it ran ps1 np last night on win8. it was funny i was loading continents in like 1 second lmao i remember when i had to watch it actually load back in the day 16 gig of ram and 8 cores sure makes a big difference from 9 years ago hehehe.
Old 2012-07-11, 08:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #112
Merzun
Corporal

Those who didn't get the mail, have you finally received it? I am still worried about that there might
be some broken accounts. I haven't received any mail regarding the survey nor have been automatically granted the 30
days of free game time.

At first i thought maybe they start with American gamers, which would be logical cause of timezone and cause they want to test
at specific time but it seems like European players were notified as well.
Then i thought they sent the survey only to specific vets that played for a long time thought apparently the mail was also
send to guys that only signed up for beta.

So i took a look into my account and after looking into the subscription tab I noticed that I paid only for 2004 while having bought the game in 2003. So I
dug deeper and noticed i used a game time card as first payment method. Perhaps this has anything to do with it and I am somehow not counted as a vet.

Also in January I signed up for beta with the same account. Maybe that messed something up.

So long story short, if you haven't received your mail:

Are you from Europe?
Were you granted the free game time?
Have you signed up for beta with your vet account?
Have you used a game time card?
Old 2012-07-11, 09:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #113
Highwind
Corporal

I like how there are only like 3 options for AMD cpus. There is a HUGE range of cpus that lowest option covers because AMD hasn't been the best at making tiers of cpus with easy names like core 2 duos. There are some respectable AMD cpus that would have to pick the lowest option because technically they aren't phenoms.
Old 2012-07-11, 09:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #114
NivexQ
Contributor
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Highwind View Post
I like how there are only like 3 options for AMD cpus. There is a HUGE range of cpus that lowest option covers because AMD hasn't been the best at making tiers of cpus with easy names like core 2 duos. There are some respectable AMD cpus that would have to pick the lowest option because technically they aren't phenoms.
Just pick the equivalent or closest to it. I have an 8 core amd cpu, and that isn't a choice, so I just picked the 6 core one.

NivexTR - TR - 30/5 - -=The Black Sheep=-
SYNxNivexQ - NC - 26/4 - [:::::SYN:::::]
NivexVS - VS - 19/2? - SYNDICATEVS?

http://www.twitch.tv/nivexq
I don't broadcast much, but you never know
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion