Don't dumb down PS2 - Page 8 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Everybody run! Hes got a NERF gattling gun!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-08, 01:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #106
Goldeh
Staff Sergeant

Re: Don't dumb down PS2

I'm I the only one that finds threads like these enjoyable to read?

Not because I agree with the OP but because he's so odd.

Last edited by Goldeh; 2012-07-08 at 01:38 AM.
Old 2012-07-08, 01:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #107
ratfusion
Corporal

Dunno what the OP was going on about, but spawn-on-squad is the fastest easiest solution to more teamplay in PUG squads. It works. It brings minor consequences to the table, but nothing that can't be solved without a few tank rounds.

Besides its not going to work inside a base (although I hope routers/teleport does).
Old 2012-07-08, 01:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #108
ChookWantan
Corporal

Originally Posted by Goldeh View Post
I'm I the only one that finds threads like these enjoyable to read?

Not because I agree with the OP but because he's so odd.
I feel like everyone except the 1% of supervets finds these kind of threads funny. You aren't alone.
Old 2012-07-08, 02:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #109
somers
Corporal

Originally Posted by Maticus View Post
Look unless planteside 2 is just simply planetside 1 re-released with NO updates this guy wont be happy, just let it go you won't change his mind
Too true... As much as I love the games I played as a kid I do know they are pretty bad, and when I take off my rose-tinted glasses called nostalgia I see that today's games are much better.
Old 2012-07-08, 02:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #110
super pretendo
First Sergeant

I was pretty underwhelmed by D3. It had good parts, like music and atmosphere, but the story was shit and everything was casualized.
Old 2012-07-08, 02:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #111
Astrok
First Sergeant

Isn't it possible that bugssy himself is dumbed down?
Old 2012-07-08, 02:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #112
Maticus
Private

Originally Posted by somers View Post
Too true... As much as I love the games I played as a kid I do know they are pretty bad, and when I take off my rose-tinted glasses called nostalgia I see that today's games are much better.
Games evolve and for the better. I love planetside, but I've played it to death and its time to move on. Planetside 2 is a great way to revamp and have the epic scale battles that made planetside 1 great.

Originally Posted by Astrok View Post
Isn't it possible that bugssy himself is dumbed down?
touche sir

Last edited by Maticus; 2012-07-08 at 02:32 AM.
Old 2012-07-08, 02:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #113
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by lawnmower View Post
you make me laugh hard if this is quick enough for you. that game is not quick, what are you talkinga bout.
also this was a comment about aiming down sights
You have never play battlefield 3 rigth ? Am i rigth ?

Aming down the sigths if the sight isnt a snipers scope Yess its pretty quick and quick enough to react and kill you before you even realise it

Also the iron sigth view is pretty much Instant , Holographics sigth are pretty quick and only sniper scopes take a little delay but its not even a second lol !

I think many people dont even know whats they are talking about Ive made this just for ya buddy take a closer look

This proove everything enough said

Originally Posted by somers View Post
Exactly , todays games are much better in term of gameplay and games mechanics but sometimes fews features are miss but it seams its not really the case here with ps2 since the vehicules who as been remoove are replace in some way since some others vehicules will have the exact same purpose !

Iam also pretty sure thats down the road we will have much more vehicules and secondary objectives added
Old 2012-07-08, 02:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #114
Eyeklops
First Lieutenant

LOL @ everybody raging over the obvious toll OP
Old 2012-07-08, 03:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #115
Kran De Loy
Captain

LOL at a community that can be so hyped yet so bored at the same time.
Old 2012-07-08, 03:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #116
fod
Master Sergeant

i diddnt read every page but i do hope that PS2 doesnt turn into a BF3 MMO

the last few days playing PS1 with the huge popluations again has shown me that pretty much every modern FPS game is poop and if PS2 turns into a BF3 MMO i hope they keep the PS1 servers running because i could play for another 9 years (wont happen but i can wish)

edit:
Originally Posted by Stardouser View Post
Not liking BF3 has nothing to do with preferring PS1's dated gameplay. The basic gameplay of BF3 is correct, but the pacing and map size and other factors are too much like CoD. Those things can be corrected without changing the base gameplay.

50% of BF3's problem is small maps, and THAT will be corrected in PS2.
im sorry but even as a fellow mordorian i disagree
there is so many things wrong with BF3 that i cant agree with "50% of BF3's problem is small maps"
what about

regeneration?
vehicle disable?
3d spotting?
audio spotting?
auto spotting?
no commander?
supernova sun?
messed up unlocks?
clustered flags?

theres probably more but i have happily forgotten about that POS of a game - i think the basic gameplay of BF3 is horrible theres pretty much nothing it does right imo

Last edited by fod; 2012-07-08 at 03:42 AM.
Old 2012-07-08, 03:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #117
rTekku
Sergeant

Today's games aren't always "better" depending on what you judge them by.

Smash Bros Melee > Brawl. Just sayin.
Old 2012-07-08, 03:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #118
Troika
Private

I loved being an Engineer in PS1 and I did the exact same thing as Bugsy with the spitfires & explosives herding the enemy to killzones. I really miss spitfires and i hope you can upgrade your turrets to be autofiring so that i can set up a effective defensive grids as an engineer.

I find the "there is no front line" argument odd though, as it seems that this time around there really seems to be front lines in the game. Galaxies as spawn points are slow big targets which can be easily detected unlike AMS trucks. Galaxies require a strong defence to keep them alive. Objectives take longer time to hack when they are further away from the front line making the querilla hacking in enemy terroritory even more dfficult.

In PS1 lone Infiltrator could hack a terminal deep in enemy terroritory to spawn an AMS, drive it off the base and deploy it nearby. Cap a tower for a decoy and then proceed to cap the base. I don't see something like this being possible in PS2 as you just can't operate alone in enemy terroritory without hidden spawn point. Your op will be shut down pretty easily this time. You need a team to go with you, team big enough to defend the spawn (tower or Gal) and cap the base. This is an considerable improvement to combat the front line fragmentation problem.
Old 2012-07-08, 04:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #119
IHateMMOs
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Its not dumbed down, its modernized to appeal to a bigger crowd. Anyone who thinks its dumbed down obviously can't see the big "2" next to Planetside.
Old 2012-07-08, 04:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #120
sunzen
Private

Don't feed a troll or it will grow and troll you even more.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion