News: Planetside 2 beta plans - Page 87 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Contributor of chair butt creases everywhere
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-26, 05:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #1291
james
Sergeant Major

Re: Planetside 2 beta plans

Originally Posted by Sephirex View Post
Yeah, we've got a firm Beta date and I feel more uncertain than ever.

If the wait to Beta hadn't been so strung out, I think I wouldn't be so discouraged.

I totally agree, its in a i will believe it when i see it thing. If remember right the beta originally was set for march with the game out some time in q4
Old 2012-07-26, 05:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #1292
NoDachi
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by james View Post
I totally agree, its in a i will believe it when i see it thing. If remember right the beta originally was set for march with the game out some time in q4
Planetside 2 was a different game back then, it was just a relaunch of PS1.
Old 2012-07-26, 05:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #1293
Kevin D Lee
Private

Beta was to be mere weeks after E3. Enough said. That's why I feel so down not being in the tech test.
Old 2012-07-26, 05:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #1294
Littleman
First Lieutenant

I'm thinking two-three weeks till vets are done. I know SOE is shooting for faster than that though.
Of course they are This is the one game where having as many people as possible participating in contributing vital statistics could only help the development of the game. As long as they're willing to open up new servers and multiply the available continents within the same server to test intended full loads (hint: they were never planning to stick with just the initial three continents,) I don't see why they'd spread invites over the course of months. They have to know how huge this game will be from beta submissions alone.

The only things that really may slow down invites are servers crashing or a new build being released, and I'm not too sure on the latter, honestly.
Old 2012-07-26, 06:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #1295
AzureWatcher
Staff Sergeant

I'm thinking two-three weeks till vets are done. I know SOE is shooting for faster than that though.
I can see a week to 1.5 weeks and all vets, active or otherwise, to be in the beta. Many of the PS1 players are probably not interested in PS2 simply because that was so long ago and they may have a family, too busy with work, not interested in games anymore, changed their e-mail, or whatever.

I'm still thinking that all vets and all priority access key holders will be in-game before September.

Last edited by AzureWatcher; 2012-07-26 at 06:12 PM.
Old 2012-07-26, 06:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #1296
james
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by AzureWatcher View Post
I can see a week to 1.5 weeks and all vets, active or otherwise, to be in the beta. Many of the PS1 players are probably not interested in PS2 simply because that was so long ago and they may have a family, too busy with work, not interested in games anymore, changed their e-mail, or whatever.

I'm still thinking that all vets and all priority access key holders will be in-game before September.
I hope so
Old 2012-07-26, 07:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #1297
AzureWatcher
Staff Sergeant

I hope so
They want a 2012 release and an open beta. They'll be cutting it close if they don't. But for the record, they will drag it out just because I said they wouldn't.
Old 2012-07-26, 07:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #1298
james
Sergeant Major

They want a 2012 release and an open beta. They'll be cutting it close if they don't. But for the record, they will drag it out just because I said they wouldn't.
I doubt they can make a 2012 release. It sounds only one continent is done right now and many animations and other things need to be fixed. Unless they mean by release an open beta sure, but if not i would be afraid it would be rushed.
Old 2012-07-26, 07:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #1299
AzureWatcher
Staff Sergeant

I doubt they can make a 2012 release. It sounds only one continent is done right now and many animations and other things need to be fixed. Unless they mean by release an open beta sure, but if not i would be afraid it would be rushed.
Hmm... We'll see. But once we're in beta it won't matter much. "Release" will just be just a term for when our account gets wiped and we have to start all over on our characters again.
Old 2012-07-26, 07:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #1300
Sephirex
Major

Guy on Gamespy article says he doesn't like the game from his time on tech test.

Tempted to ask him if I can use his account instead.
Old 2012-07-26, 07:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #1301
james
Sergeant Major

Hmm... We'll see. But once we're in beta it won't matter much. "Release" will just be just a term for when our account gets wiped and we have to start all over on our characters again.
There will be a wipe after closed, but if its a typically f2p game, there will be no stat reset after open.
Old 2012-07-26, 09:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #1302
PaperChampion
Private

I have a quick question. Sadly I dont have a beta key or cannot probably get one at any time, but i wanted to ask: Since i registered for a code a coupla months back, after all the vets and priority codes have been accepted, will there be a chance that they will send out codes for players like me who didnt get a chance for early invites to closed beta? I feel like open beta is well over a month away at this point and I'd like to play before my classes start again...

Last edited by PaperChampion; 2012-07-26 at 09:31 PM.
Old 2012-07-26, 09:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #1303
Sephirex
Major

Originally Posted by PaperChampion View Post
I have a quick question. Sadly I dont have a beta key or cannot probably get one at any time, but i wanted to ask: Since i registered for a code a coupla months back, after all the vets and priority codes have been accepted, will there be a chance that they will send out codes for players like me who didnt get a chance for early invites to closed beta? I feel like open beta is well over a month away at this point and I'd like to play before my classes start again...
Sorry man, but we're not sure if they'll even have the people with keys all in within a month.
Old 2012-07-26, 09:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #1304
PaperChampion
Private

Ah ok. Yea, its a lot of invites i know that lol. I'm just so stoked for this game.

Last edited by PaperChampion; 2012-07-26 at 09:38 PM.
Old 2012-07-26, 10:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #1305
AzureWatcher
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by PaperChampion View Post
Ah ok. Yea, its a lot of invites i know that lol. I'm just so stoked for this game.
Pick a faction, preferably your favorite one. Go to a local store and buy Sharpies of that faction's colors. Draw their symbol on your forehead. Take picture. Post picture on PS2's Twitter page. Hope they see it and give you a key.

I drew a Vanu symbol on my bullet scars and got one. Worth a shot, right?

Edit: Here's the picture. =P https://twitter.com/#!/AzureWatcher/....com%2Fcaq6glj

Last edited by AzureWatcher; 2012-07-26 at 10:12 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion