What we know about Beta. - Page 9 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: All, My, Friends, Drive a MagRider
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-03-11, 01:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #121
Ailos
Contributor
Major

Re: What we know about Beta.

Originally Posted by IDukeNukeml View Post
So the game in it's current state, the fact that T-ray mentioned there would be two others maps, one icey and full of glaciers and the other with green rolling hills which he compared ireland and greenland to (but he meant iceland..) (for those who i know will challenge this... but duke?! their names?!!?)

Anyway, I was obviously utterly off about the March 15th beta release, so do you think they will have it finished by the end of the year? I am hoping so.
Two words: global warming.

Interior Crocodile Aviator
IronFist After Dark
Old 2012-03-11, 01:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #122
BloodySoul
Corporal

Beta will prolly end up coming out right as a giant meteor is about to hit earth. o.O
Old 2012-03-12, 07:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #123
hypehype
Private

Beta keys are in pc gamers april edition. Meaning closed beta wont start untill the end of april/early May. and so open Beta will be in June/July

thats how i see it anyway
Old 2012-03-12, 07:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #124
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by hypehype View Post
Beta keys are in pc gamers april edition. Meaning closed beta wont start untill the end of april/early May. and so open Beta will be in June/July

Someone could easily drop the ball between now and then, or have already dropped the ball, and beta could wind up being much later. But, really, that's a good thing, isn't it? Who wants to be playing beta during the height of summer, anyway? A fall beta would be much better.
Old 2012-03-12, 07:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #125
Blitzkri
Private

The sooner the better i say. Then by Fall time most bugs and such will be gone.
Besides it gives me time to bring the outfit to all 3 empires and experience all fronts form all sides.
Old 2012-03-12, 12:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #126
UnknownDT
Sergeant

Sooner the beta the better.
Old 2012-03-13, 05:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #127
Bonius
Sergeant

Originally Posted by hypehype View Post

I'm guessing they are already in a closed beta state, simply judging from the content they've shown so far. This means that the beta keys being handed out are actually for a "closed open beta" to stress test the infrastructure along with ironing out the last few bugs before they set a release date.

Release date: 2 months after first batch of beta invites roll out.
Old 2012-03-13, 05:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #128
UnknownDT
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Bonius View Post
Release date: 2 months after first batch of beta invites roll out.
I think you're wrong and I hope to god you're wrong.

Also they aren't in Closed Beta yet.... they are in Alpha and that has been stated by the Dev's.
Old 2012-03-13, 05:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #129
Bonius
Sergeant

Originally Posted by UnknownDT View Post
I think you're wrong and I hope to god you're wrong.

Also they aren't in Closed Beta yet.... they are in Alpha and that has been stated by the Dev's.
From what I've seen/heard, the stuff they've shown has been from the alpha client.

Out of the x number of pre-alpha/alpha/beta tests I've been involved in, the developers and publishers have never released beta keys to the masses unless the client was in a ready-to-go state. Call it beta all you want, but public betas these days are more of a demo than a beta test.

If you release 20.000 beta invites to an alpha-client, I can guarantee you that the badwill it will cause would be catastrophic for the brand. It's all about risk vs reward, hence they use real testers for the actual testing, then release keys en masse to increase the hype.

I can almost guarantee that the beta we're all hoping to get involved in will be a non-functional test at best.

Last edited by Bonius; 2012-03-13 at 05:36 PM.
Old 2012-03-14, 12:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #130
Doctor Digit
Private

TRay posted this a few hours ago on Twitter. Here's hoping for any information on Beta relatively soon.

Tramell Ray Isaac ‏ @PS_TRay
@WillBallew1 thank you sir, beta news is coming

CORPSMAN - Usually a young, long haired, bearded, Marine-hatin' Sailor with certain medical skills, who will go through the very gates of Hell to get to a wounded Marine.

Last edited by Doctor Digit; 2012-03-14 at 12:22 AM.
Old 2012-03-14, 12:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #131
NCLynx
Major

Originally Posted by Doctor Digit View Post
TRay posted this a few hours ago on Twitter. Here's hoping for any information on Beta relatively soon.
That tease! Now how am I supposed to sleep?

Although he did say "soon" which in SoEeneese is "hahahhaha go away with your questions peasant I'm busy playing my PS2 Alpha"
Old 2012-03-14, 12:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #132
Doctor Digit
Private

Actually, there was no soon this time, at least in that post. Just said it was coming, which is just as teasing, heh.

CORPSMAN - Usually a young, long haired, bearded, Marine-hatin' Sailor with certain medical skills, who will go through the very gates of Hell to get to a wounded Marine.
Old 2012-03-14, 12:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #133
NCLynx
Major

Originally Posted by Doctor Digit View Post
Actually, there was no soon this time, at least in that post. Just said it was coming, which is just as teasing, heh.
Now my brain is just playing tricks on me. I read the soon in your post and automatically threw it into TRay's quote as well. Well then maybe good things are in our (please be) near future.
Old 2012-03-14, 12:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #134
Doctor Digit
Private

I honestly wouldn't mind if It was a month or two off, just so long as we had a relative date that they wanted to shoot for. Though if happens to be sooner than expected that's just fine too!

Old 2012-03-14, 02:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #135
dire
Private

I got a ? for matt. This is a hard ? but needs to be asked.

You said on the 45 min vid " be inviting people into beta over the coming months"

My ? is are, you doing a fazed in of player's who's going to be invited into the beta how many at a time? how long over time??

With all your hipe in the pass few weeks, saying that all who been playing all the years and who have goten the pcgamer beta keys will all get in.

If you are doing a fazed in of players. How are you picking them???

To me all this talk over the pass few weeks now you saying "be inviting people into beta over the coming months" I'm now asking how fare is that????

To all the hard core players who been playing this over the pass years when someone who only been playing for a short time?
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion